Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoNTC3
Is it just me or is this thing Identical to the RRR? I'm not looking to start S#!t as I have been waiting just as long as everyone else here for it to come out. I just built my RRR a month and a half ago and I must say I think I could have built my RRR with these Instructions....They look that close to me

Now fire away at me........
We went through all of this when the first pictures of the car were released, so you missed the "live fire" exercise. If you start reading from the begin of the thread, you'll find some of the more interesting comments.

IMO, it's a cross between a RRR and MTX-4 - taking the best of both, improving on each's shortcomings, adding some goodies and turning it into one fine nitro touring sedan. If you go through the MTX-4 manual (click here), you'll see why it's a little of both.

Just remember, when it passes you at the track, it's your driving. JK!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm the only one that can not print these documents out? If you have figure out how, please share with me...
Hehe, just use MacOS X. I printed it yesterday without any problems
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
...Setup book has some great info - but it doesn't seem to mention anything about front/rear tire split or running small tires for qualifiers...
Here you go, I made a quick overdrive chart...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NT1_over_drive.pdf (13.5 KB, 386 views)

Last edited by GK; 04-20-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
Hehe, just use MacOS X. I printed it yesterday without any problems

Interesting... I have a MAC in the company, so maybe I can get them to print to my color printer.... I just like having my book with me... Which has all my manuals in it and setup sheets, and tips... etc....

Thanks...
Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ok, let ask a newbie question. I got the Over Drive Chart and printed it out. But what are the keys I'm looking for? 1.0xxx

I'm asking how do you use this information...???
Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GK
Here you go, I made a quick overdrive chart...
Thanks.

For completeness, it would have been good to include an explanation of tire split and why you would want to run smaller tires for a qualifiers. A separate booklet on tires and tire strategies would be awesome.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

I did find something in the quick reference table booklet, but not quite what I was looking for...

When using the 25T mid-side pulley:

If you use the 25T mid-size pulley, the ODR ratio is 1.04:1 (based on gearing ratios alone); the front wheels rotate 4% faster than the rear wheels.

When you start racing the car with rear tires that have a larger diameter than the front (for example, a 2.0–2.5mm difference), this tire size difference will neutralize the ODR and the car will be balanced with no push between the front & rear wheels.

However the rear tire wear is usually higher than front tires wear, which means that after some running time the diameter of front and rear tires will get equal and then the front suspension will start to pull (the rear suspension will brake the car).

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-20-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Guys , I just got my NT1 any tips or advice you can offer before i start the assembly process would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob
Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Ok, let ask a newbie question. I got the Over Drive Chart and printed it out. But what are the keys I'm looking for? 1.0xxx
I'm asking how do you use this information...???
Anything greater than 1 on that chart is front overdrive (front wheels spin faster), less than 1 is "rear overdrive" (rears spin faster). You start with certain tire split and keep measuring tires after each run/qual and see what kind of overdrive you have as it has an effect on how the car handles.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:27 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by Green Machine
Hi Guys , I just got my NT1 any tips or advice you can offer before i start the assembly process would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Rob
Wish I had your problem
From other xrays I've built (electric TCs), I would start with shocks - they use the same in NT1. Make sure you build the adjustable ones, fill them up and let them sit overnight if you can. Be patient when you bleed them. Good instructions are here, second post from top.
Other than that everything fits perfect, xray makes best molded parts in the industry, no need for dremel tool

Last edited by GK; 04-20-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Green Machine

Cheers
Rob
What is this? Are you trying to make a few of us jealous!!!

I am in long, long waiting list...

Where did you get it??

I want one!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtrmx
What is this? Are you trying to make a few of us jealous!!!

I am in long, long waiting list...

Where did you get it??

I want one!!!
We had 4 in stock yesterday, but sold 3. I might have to build the last one myself?

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Saint728
We had 4 in stock yesterday, but sold 3. I might have to build the last one myself?

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Not in the US.......they are out of Australia
Old 04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Not in the US.......they are out of Australia
Yeah, we're the first in the World to get them. I'm sure the rest of the World will get theirs soon too?

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Old 04-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Saint728
Yeah, we're the first in the World to get them. I'm sure the rest of the World will get theirs soon too?

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
The Austrian Distributor got them in the mid of the week. Their store is about 150km away from the Xray factory and they got the NT1 delivery on the same day.

I have my XB8 EC for more than 2 Weeks now and the NT1 should be already out to the customers and i know that some ppl are driving them right now.
We have good weather here in Europe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.