Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

TomB,

Which shoe are you using? The yellow one works the best and does get a dark line on it, but it isn't a problem.

From my own experience...

Set the air gap (between shoe and bell) between 0.6 and 0.7mm. Anything more will warp the weights and they may break and wedge in between the shoe and bell. Anything less causes the clutch to engage too quickly at times. Set the end play between 0.05mm and 0.15mm. The XRAY weights work great with this setup.

Make sure the clutch spring you're using doesn't fit too tightly over the flywheel nut threads. I prefer the JP hard spring myself and I tighten the spring nut down 1.2mm to 1.5mm past the end of the flywheel nut, depending on track grip. The 1.5mm setting gives a lot of snap and hard acceleration.

BTW, luv the xray vision comment!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
TomB,

Which shoe are you using? The yellow one works the best and does get a dark line on it, but it isn't a problem.

From my own experience...

Set the air gap (between shoe and bell) between 0.6 and 0.7mm. Anything more will warp the weights and they may break and wedge in between the shoe and bell. Anything less causes the clutch to engage too quickly at times. Set the end play between 0.05mm and 0.15mm. The XRAY weights work great with this setup.

Make sure the clutch spring you're using doesn't fit too tightly over the flywheel nut threads. I prefer the JP hard spring myself and I tighten the spring nut down 1.2mm to 1.5mm past the end of the flywheel nut, depending on track grip. The 1.5mm setting gives a lot of snap and hard acceleration.

BTW, luv the xray vision comment!!!
ok cook, yeah i have my spring 1.5mm tightened down, it's a older crf spring and i've noticed it has lost it's "hardness" but this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

also i think i am running about .7mm clutch gap, i'm not sure though, i'll check to make sure. Also, running .1mm end play...now that i think of it i think the mugen thrust might fix it...who knows though. yep i'm running the yellow show.

the only thing is i am not setting the clutch up the xray manual way, i'm doing it the mugen way as i find the xray method tricky, and a bit complicated. i set the clutch gap with the internal bearing installed, and set clutch gap by adding shims as needed, then i do endplay once the internal settings are done, i find this way alot easier....this could also be a reason for the issues though admitedly
Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
the only thing is i am not setting the clutch up the xray manual way, i'm doing it the mugen way as i find the xray method tricky, and a bit complicated. i set the clutch gap with the internal bearing installed, and set clutch gap by adding shims as needed, then i do endplay once the internal settings are done, i find this way alot easier....this could also be a reason for the issues though admitedly
This probably is the reason, as the large bearing has to be removed in order to accurately measure the gap between the shoe and the bell. You probably have more gap than you think.

An old clutch spring that isn't as hard will make a big difference as well.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Just take the pillow balls out and he filled the threads inside the arms with the ca and let it dry before reinstalling.

How is this acheieved? just using it sparringly or liberally? i dont understand, can you walk me through it?
Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default mugen bets on nt1

Hi all
I just got a xray nt1

is it possible to use mugen mtx-4r belts on the nt1?
i have heard the mugen spur gears fit no problem im just curious on the belts as its easier for me to purchase mugen belts, also a lot cheaper

thank you
h
Old 03-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Mugen Belts will not fit... The rear belt will fit, but does not roll as free. I had to use this once when I didn't have an option for a rear belt.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hi all
I just got a xray nt1

is it possible to use mugen mtx-4r belts on the nt1?
i have heard the mugen spur gears fit no problem im just curious on the belts as its easier for me to purchase mugen belts, also a lot cheaper

thank you
h

John, stop trying to save coin man, just get the official parts dude. the xray belts are really good. twoggy told me they are releasing rubber ones soon, but the kit ones are very good.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

NT1 new belt arrival !
Old 03-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Along with the kevlar belts, new lightweight 2speed shaft, Lightweight middle shaft, 2 speed springs, clutch spring, .7mm front blades, and rear blades, 3.0mm roll center bridge, and 1 degree front knuckles have been released. Some have already been mentioned, but just a reminder incase anyone missed the new Xray upgrades. I think that's all of them...
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hi TeamGp and other nt1 owners,

has anyone tried the new 1 deg. steeringblocks. What is the differences and what for advantages has the new blocks

thnx
Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CIMRI

has anyone tried the new 1 deg. steeringblocks. What is the differences and what for advantages has the new blocks

thnx
They'll give you more mid-corner steering, which is good for tracks especially like Fort Meyers
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

thnx
I've been running them for 2 weeks now and D-nicest is correct. You get more steering angle on the outside front wheel. With the spool up front it gave me more steering from the middle of the corner out, which is a very good thing.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

thnx

Geez, i misted that they are available, URL?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Geez, i misted that they are available, URL?
Nexus Racing:

332211 - NT1 Optional Composite Steering Block 1d King-Pin - Right

332221 - NT1 Optional Composite Steering Block 1d King-Pin - Left
Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks mate!
Actually, can you tell me what's different about these things?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.