Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ride air remover RP600

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You guys should check out the just release Hudy all in one shock bleeder I purchased. I till do touring cars and monster shocks and also is great for marinating meat. Why bother even buying one from over seas and good luck finding one here in the states. I saw the Too Much one wasn't impressed just like there motor cooler. Another story. You can go down to Bed bath and Beyond and buy the sealed container and hand pump and cork for less then $20. The pump and cork is used for resealing your open wine bottles. All you need is then a stepped drill bill. Drill threw the top and insert cork. The lid got cracked by getting carried away with pumping. Works awsome.

Last edited by tunnelhead; 09-22-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tunnelhead
You guys should check out the just release Hudy all in one shock bleeder I purchased. I till do touring cars and monster shocks and also is great for marinating meat. Why bother even buying one from over seas and good luck finding one here in the states. I saw the Too Much one wasn't impressed just like there motor cooler. Another story. You can go down to Bed bath and Beyond and buy the sealed container and hand pump and cork for less then $20. The pump and cork is used for resealing your open wine bottles. All you need is then a stepped drill bill. Drill threw the top and insert cork. The lid got cracked by getting carried away with pumping. Works awsome.
hey I like that 2nd picture , i can see my post on your computer
Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just saw one from rc-toro. Any comments? Does it really work magic to make silky smooth shocks?
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
If you over pump the device, air will leak through the shaft seals and you will continually have air bubbles.
Are you sure about that? When you apply pressure (or vacuum) to a container, it is equal and opposite in all directions. That would mean you can't suck air up through the shaft seals.

I would think it wouldn't matter how many pumps you gave it and that the more pressure you applied the better.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have one of these and have been using it for about four years. I can't recommend it more highly. It has been my secret weapon in making perfect shocks that last forever. My routine is like sohlman except I take a little longer.
I fill the shocks 3/4 of the way,
Slide the shafts a few times to get the bubbles out, spinning the pistons at the bottom.
Now I pump it fifty times! I let it sit as long as I see the shocks bubble.
Once the bubbles stop I remove the lid, slide the shaft several times to remove any air at the bottom being careful not to let the piston get to the top of the oil and let more air into the chamber.
I now place the shock back into the vacuum and pump another fifty times.
I repeat this process until I am no longer able to get bubbles to appear.

Take your time through the entire shock building process and you will be rewarded with great shocks that provide consistent performance and last a very long time between rebuilds. Remember your shocks are the single most important part of your suspension and next to tires the most important part on your car. They are worth taking your time on.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

They do work and speed up the process as stated above. They will give you fits if you pump them to much, however if you READ the instructions they tell you how to properly use this tool. You can defintely get by without one but I love mine and love damn near any specialty tool.

Ashford Hobby carries them. The one the carries is the tall one that will do offroad shocks as well.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

I have seen a couple of guys with this. They seem to be happy with it. Slap on some RC stickers on it and no one will know it is for keeping ground coffee fresh. And the best part is, it is only less than $10.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I just got the ride air remover, and have to say that all the positive comments above are true. It is very easy to use, and you don't have to pump 50 times!! Worth every penny.

I just finished rebuilding the shocks. Can't wait to testing them out on the weekend

QUOTE=Kenshin;4336547]I have seen a couple of guys with this. They seem to be happy with it. Slap on some RC stickers on it and no one will know it is for keeping ground coffee fresh. And the best part is, it is only less than $10.

[/QUOTE]