Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need to make a choice pls help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 04:01 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To the losi parts issue: I am very surprised that you guy are having problems getting parts for the XXX-S. We have had 2 of every part ( excluding one-way, and some graphite parts ) for about 2 weeks. Your LHS *should* be able to get the parts within 2-3 days if Horizon has it in stock.

If you LHS can't get it, chances are it is on backorder, or your LHS doesnt regularly order with Horizon. Then it may take a while for them to put together a list of parts, and then do one big bulk order.
Old 11-09-2001, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

TSR6-

If your shop has the foloiwing and they're willing to ship, please let me know.

A-5081 (need 2)
A-4245 (need 3)
A-5121 (need 1)
A-9737 (need 1)

Thanks,

Trips
Old 11-09-2001, 06:08 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Trips
TSR6-

If your shop has the foloiwing and they're willing to ship, please let me know.

A-5081 (need 2)
A-4245 (need 3)
A-5121 (need 1)
A-9737 (need 1)

Thanks,

Trips
Last i knew...

Yes to the Front A-Arms ( A-9737 )
No to the red springs ( A-5121 )
No to the front brace ( A-4245 )
Don't know about the shock shaft.

If you would like the phone #, let me know. We occasionally ship for people. We just sent a Impact to California last week.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but. TSR6- Is the store you work at a private deal, or a hobbytown or something?
Old 11-09-2001, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

The TA04R is very good. But most people don't have a lot of knowlege about it.

It has many hop ups available (more than you think.) It comes with all the needed performance hop-ups, and it handles very well. But I can't say to get it more than any other car, your other choices are good.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:42 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Speedo
Sorry to be a bit off topic, but. TSR6- Is the store you work at a private deal, or a hobbytown or something?
It is a HobbyTown USA, Machesney Park IL.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well since I own and race a few of these cars I will give you my opinion.
When I race at a large race I run my TC3 or my Yokomo, I just seem to be fastest with these two cars. I havnt found the magic setup with my Losi but it does drive nice, just not as fast as the other two for me yet. My Xray, well I need to spend a lot more time with it but it is pretty and I never seem to be able to get the parts I need. The car I have been recomending to new drivers (and experienced) is the Seven 6.0. It is fairly cheap handles very nice right out of the box and seems very strong. I enjoy driving it and its just as fast as my Losi so far.
Old 11-10-2001, 12:00 AM
R/C Tech Founder

They have a hell of a time getting Losi parts at the shop I go to here in Madison. I have had 2 and 4 degree front spindles, graphite arms, rear 1 degree toe carriers, the front brace, various springs and at least a couple of other things on order for over a month now, and nothing. This is while I continue to hear that the parts are plentiful at larger chain stores (e.g. HobbyTown, Hobby People) and on the west coast.

I like Losi, but I am quite unhappy with their Horizon deal. On top of everything else, Horizon has a "minimum order" policy that basically prices small dealers out of being able to carry Losi stuff. Before Horizon, we had no problems getting Losi parts... now it's a chore. Of course, your mileage may vary -- I hear plenty of people having no problems.

Trips, I'm not sure if the 4245 brace is actually out yet. I have not heard of anybody ever getting one outside of the Team. I am still (im)patiently waiting for mine...
Old 11-10-2001, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

You know it really surprises me that people in the USA should be having problems buying bits for American cars, such as Losi.

I import Losi, as well as Yokomo, Associated, Corally, Schumacher and others into Malta - which in case you ask is a small island in the middle of the Mediterranean.

I buy all my Losi requirements through the UK distributor Helger Racing, just as I buy Yokomo, Associated and Novak products through CML Distribution. The reason for this is the minimum quantity clause. Malta is a small market so making orders of a minimum $10,000.00 as required by many of the manufacturers is impractical. The manufacturers understand this.

I have to say that I have always found Helger well stocked with Losi and Trinity parts, and CML also very well stocked with Yoke, AE, Novak and so many other bits. I buy Schumacher and Corally straight from the manufacturers so shouldn't expect delays anyway, but both Helger, and CML are impressive in the fact that whatever I order they seem to have it in stock and I know I am going to have it within a week - 10 days maximum.

Granted that most stuff ends up costing more since it has to fly the Atlantic, then fly again to me...etc. etc.

If I can be of any help, please call.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-10-2001, 03:58 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Yokomo Fan
4. X - Ray T1 - This so called luxury rc car I heard is very fragile indeed, i haven't driven the car myself but i've mostly heard bad things about this car, about it being too pricey, and too fragile needing to replace the parts every so often, maybe someone can prove me wrong but different people have different driving experiences like with the TC3.
At least 300 packs have gone through my Xray (by my estimation!) here are the things that have need replacing;

1. 1 Rear A-arm (crash damage!)
2. 1 Rear damper plate (crash damage!)
3. 2 graphite bumper plate (crash damage!)
4. 1 Rear belt (Poor adjustment!)
5. 2 Plastic dogbone clips (worn)
6. 1 Shock body (crash damage!)

Thats not a bad list after 5 months of hard running!! I can tell you for sure that the people telling you the Xray is fragile are either very bad drivers or haven't owned one before!

I can tell you one bad thing about the car and that is the centre one-way bearing. Because the bearing is forced into a plastic pulley it slips after around 30 packs. Clean this and glue with epoxy.... mine is still good now.

Another thing is the graphite bumper plate, this shares the load with the chassis on a frontal impact it can (and does) break.... beats losing a chassis!!

sonneteer- On your point about enjoying feeling the difference with setup changes... this car can definately give you that. It can be a bit daunting at first but they give you a setup BOOK. Read it..... you'll love it!

I have a standard answer to anyone who asks me how the Xray drives. It goes like this;

"If the car drives bad its because it is not setup right, thats not the fault of the car but the driver! This car gives you more adjustments than ANY car currently on the market!"

Just my 2 cents!
Old 11-10-2001, 04:04 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I forgot to mention. Because the dogbones on the Xray are made of 'spring steel'... if you bend one don't replace it. Tap it approximately straight and carry on running.... it will straighten itself!!! Trust me... I've seen it on my car!
Old 11-10-2001, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
I forgot to mention. Because the dogbones on the Xray are made of 'spring steel'... if you bend one don't replace it. Tap it approximately straight and carry on running.... it will straighten itself!!! Trust me... I've seen it on my car!
that's why hudy call it "spring" steel???????
Old 11-10-2001, 04:41 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

XRAY Manticore XRAY... not Hudy......... Mario has corrected me already on this!!!
Old 11-10-2001, 04:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
XRAY Manticore XRAY... not Hudy......... Mario has corrected me already on this!!!
haha whatever. he doesnt listen to customer at all !!
Old 11-10-2001, 04:52 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
haha whatever. he doesnt listen to customer at all !!
You need to send him an email.... he is a lot better then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.