Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need to make a choice pls help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

You need to send him an email.... he is a lot better then!
I only send emails to my lovers !!
Old 11-10-2001, 05:09 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

I only send emails to my lovers !!
hmm.... thats dangerous.... does your wife know about this?
Old 11-10-2001, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

hmm.... thats dangerous.... does your wife know about this?
dont worry,, i send email to my wife too !
Old 11-10-2001, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
Trips, I'm not sure if the 4245 brace is actually out yet. I have not heard of anybody ever getting one outside of the Team. I am still (im)patiently waiting for mine...
I made one out of a BRP TC3 front bumper reinforcement. It's working well so far. I took a heavy front end hit with it and the body posts didn't bend forward, before I made the brace even looking at the front bumper wrong would bend those posts.

I agree with you about the Horizon thing... Seems it used to be a LOT easier getting Losi parts before the exclusive thing.

Trips
Old 11-10-2001, 01:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yup, I have been holding out on the BRP Brace in favor of getting the Losi one hopefully soon. I was originally told it was "just around the corner" over a month ago. Both of my body posts are bent out of shape, and not even from hard hits, just from normal running and bumping into people during races.

Woops, guess we started another XXX-S thread.
Old 11-10-2001, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, the Losi thread is getting to big, so you guys needed to expand LOL

In the last 5 months running my yokomo, I have broken the following:

1 rear bulkhead

And I was still able to finish the race

You do have to replace the front hubs that the kingpins thread into though, if you are often removing the kingpins
Old 11-12-2001, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trips:

What I found was that alt low rpms, the TC3 drew less current than the Axis, but as I increased the voltage and RPM's the TC3's current draw increased almost linearly, while the Axis increased its current draw slightly then started falling off on draw as the rpms got higher.

When you said the Axis, current draw when up the down, did it at any point consumed less current than the TC-3?
Old 11-14-2001, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

YokomFan,
Apex Models in the Midlands!!!!!
Try looking up Crowthorne on the map it's way down south in Berkshire.
As to the choice of car the Mission is an unknown at present though bound to be good. Don't know the RCLab car at all. I'd go TC3 or Xray although I think the Xray is a bit tricky to set up.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by sonneteer
Trips:
When you said the Axis, current draw when up the down, did it at any point consumed less current than the TC-3?
Sonneteer,

I should have been more clear... At 2 volts, the TC3 drew less current than the Axis, both cars amp draw rose up to around 3.5 or 4 volts or so, then the TC3 amp draw continued to ris all the way to 7 volts while the Axis levelled off around 4 volts and began to fall from there to 7 volts. At around 5.5 or so the Axis amp draw had dropped to the same as the TC3, and between 5.5 and 7 the Axis draw kept declining while the TC3 kept climbing.

It's been a while now, so I don't recall the exact numbers, and the difference wasn't all that great, maybe half to 3/4 of an amp or so at 7 volts, but it did indicate to me that the belt drives can be just as efficient as shafts at higher speeds.

On the other hand, bearing in mind that this was a no load test with the cars on a stand, it's certainly possible that on a track under load things couls have been different. Without an onboard data-logger or some sort of telemetry it would be pretty difficult to test though.

Trips
Old 11-14-2001, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like at higher speeds, the belts are expanding a bit to have less drag, the TC-3 being shaft drive the current is more linear....

I have a Nitro shaft drive car and never had any issues with the drive train, hence i favour the system as it seems to me more maintanence free.... no belts to mess with and tensioners etc...

I saw there is a TB-01 Evo for sale here, that also caught my eye cos it is incredibly built and I can get parts for Tamiya easily.... and like the TC-3 it is a shaft drive! Do you or anyone here had experienced the TB01 Evo on track actually racing it? Like to know more comparison between the TC-3 and the TB01 EVO....

Sonneteer
Old 11-15-2001, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rclab! oh it's so pretty. i want one, but i just got a kxone so i'm broke like crazy. rclab!
Old 11-15-2001, 08:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

sonneter: so have you made a descision yet?
Old 11-15-2001, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default decisions... decisions...

Well....

I am awaiting on a price for the new RC Lab 7even Pro Evo1.
I can get the TC-3 FT for $300 plus shipping from HK!
And I am checking this TB Evolution1 from the for sales section in the forum.

I do favour Shaft Drive cos my nitro shaft drive never gave me any jib...

It is gonna be one of the 3 above seeing the Mission is still quite hard to spot I know nothing about it yet.... I have been put off the Xray.

But then.... I just sold a TG-10 Lancia Integrale.... so I may even be able to afford 2 out of three cars!!!
Old 11-15-2001, 09:39 AM
che
Tech Regular

Default RC Lab 7.0

Sonneteer,

RC Lab UK have the 7Even 6.0 Evo1 for 197.50 (pounds).
http://www.rclab.co.uk/

Che
Old 11-15-2001, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Seeming as you did sell a car and got money for it, you could always by a car then if something breaks you can buy spares with the money from the sold car, Hey Presto!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.