Wiki Posts
Search

Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Man....This is amazing to read. I seriously thought you only see drama like this in movies, soa operas, or Telemundo. I thought the smack talking and back stabbing in South Florida was really bad, and the racers from South Florida can vouche for me when i say this. From jealousy about a young kid getting more proto parts than a previous factory fossil(mj head who lives in Tampa), to crap about a father picking up foam tires for his kid who didnt attend a race and being accused of using them when he didnt by a jealous opposing team factory jack@$$(Moron who just recently switched to the best rc car team in the world, used to run for corally). This really makes me want to start racing again in Florida......maybe...
A-Lo air him out we need names
Old 10-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Eddie has my vote!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mike Reedy, of Reedy Modifieds from Team Associated was president of ROAR and its was ROAR's most successful period. I hope Ernie Provetti from Trinity runs for president next term, so we can try to put somebody in office who does have something to gain with ROAR's success. A volunteer with no vested intrest in the hobby is worse than alternative. Right now, I feel that Eddie stands the most to gain from improving ROAR, that I think gives him more incentive to make it happen and work harder.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

i don't think it is moraly or ethically ok for a owner of a company to run for the prez position of a hobby which he has a specific stake in business wise.
I disagree. I think people that work in the RC industry who have a vested interest in the success of the hobby are exactly who we need working for ROAR. To counter the semblance of impropriety, their decisions and voting record should be in a published public record. (RevUP). There will always be accusations of bias but in voting for the officers, you should give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not working solely for their own personal interest, also Eddie O. is obviously not dependent on any revenue he earns from running his RC business. If you were to study the history of ROAR and the ExComm, you would find industry members have always been a large part of the organization.

I knew the NorthWest had tons of drama and now their dirty laundry is being aired out for everyone to see. It's like watching a bad sitcom but the people involved aren't intentionally trying to entertain. It must be the incoming winter weather, combined with too much Starbucks, and frustration with local racers and their silly fascination with mabuchi "silver can" motors that is driving all the angst.

For the most part it appears to be bad blood between some highly competitive people who are proud and protective of their local race program. Sounds a lot like what we in the Bay Area have been dealing with for years so I'm sure a lot of us can relate..... but it doesn't make the people look any better for all the bitching and whining. It made my head hurt trying to decipher the private messages that were posted here and after all that, I still don't understand what the big deal is about.... it all seems so petty.

Back on topic, I think Eddie O. should get a chance as president and should have our full support in implementing his ideas. As far as Eddie as a person, I think he is exactly what he appears to be. He is arrogant, highly opinionated, obnoxious with his money and makes no attempt to be politically correct. But he is also a successful businessman who has a true passion for the hobby and a strong desire to make things better. ROAR has had quite a checkered past and he certainly can't do any worse then some of his predecessors.

Vote for Eddie O.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

You say drama... I say passion!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
ok a few things wrong with this thread in my opinion...but anyway, non of my business but here goes

firstly why is this a "sticky" topic? shouldn't anyone who wants to go for pres get sticky thread privelages.

second i don't think it is moraly or ethically ok for a owner of a company to run for the prez position of a hobby which he has a specific stake in business wise.
becuase i few pages back, shane archer (owner of rctech) said publicly that he will be voting for eddie. do you stick the political sign of your favored canidate in your front lawn, and then stick the signs of their oponents right next to it???

no you dont.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
becuase i few pages back, shane archer (owner of rctech) said publicly that he will be voting for eddie. do you stick the political sign of your favored canidate in your front lawn, and then stick the signs of their oponents right next to it???

no you dont.

im not going to comment too much as i live in australia but it's fine if the rctech owner says "i vote for him" but it seems a bit dodgy man it's sort of like Rupert Murdoch supporting Bush with Fox news. sure, murdoch owns fox, but it doesn't mean he can push specific people, (yes i am aware that he already does this with his media outlets). i guess rctech as a forum and as a place of news and hobby related issues the owner should stay as unbiased as possible. now this doesn't mean allowing every tom dick and harry a sticky thread, but sometimes impartiality is good as it stops influencing people.

when you vote for someone you don't want a bandwagon effect happening on a forum that should be, for all intensive purposes unbiased.

again, Eddie O might be a top bloke, but what happens when a ruling that leads to the demise of his business comes about IF it ever comes about? now i know Eddie mentioned earlier he is loaded, and does the hobby for fun, but this is not the point of what i am trying to prove. Voting for a company owner sets a precident, and even if it was done previously (as was mentioned above) you need to learn from your mistakes. it seems previous presidents who owned companies are now being shown up as doing some dodgy things rright?

well then that's my point. A president shouldn't be arrogant loud mouthed or politically incorrect as someone said above. a president needs to be a leader, a communicator, and a mediator of opinions, someone who can involve everyone, and someone who can include all opinions and boil them all down to the CORRECT decisions.

good luck Eddie and all others. i know how hard it is to run these sort of committiees. in NSW Australia our section heads do a hard job, and get little feedback and most of it is always negative and unhelpful from the racers. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION, AND IT ISN'T TAINTED WITH COMMERCIAL BIAS.

just because your nations president is knee deep in oil biz money doesn't mean you have to take him as an example start properly from the grass roots up!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

One local Region 11 track owner (Silver) posted her opinions of the region 11 directors shortcommings as she sees them. Eddie is the region 11 director and is now running for ROAR president.
Re-read post # 133 on page 5.
This should have been a constructive debate but turned into personal attacs form both sides. When she brought up the ROAR regional at SIR it all went south and the passions became overheated.

This is a local affair that does have national implications.
You have to wonder if this is how things are handled locally, what will happen when all of the regions bring the problems to light.
Fred Forg
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
im not going to comment too much as i live in australia but it's fine if the rctech owner says "i vote for him" but it seems a bit dodgy man it's sort of like Rupert Murdoch supporting Bush with Fox news. sure, murdoch owns fox, but it doesn't mean he can push specific people, (yes i am aware that he already does this with his media outlets). i guess rctech as a forum and as a place of news and hobby related issues the owner should stay as unbiased as possible. now this doesn't mean allowing every tom dick and harry a sticky thread, but sometimes impartiality is good as it stops influencing people.
Actually its more like the left wing and right wing radio shows that push their own agenda. News outlets are "supposed" to bring us information with out opinion. Thie site is full of opinions. I believe Shane can support whomever or whatever he wishes on the his site that he pays for. If we were all paid members of this site I would feel different.

again, Eddie O might be a top bloke, but what happens when a ruling that leads to the demise of his business comes about IF it ever comes about? now i know Eddie mentioned earlier he is loaded, and does the hobby for fun, but this is not the point of what i am trying to prove. Voting for a company owner sets a precident, and even if it was done previously (as was mentioned above) you need to learn from your mistakes. it seems previous presidents who owned companies are now being shown up as doing some dodgy things rright?

well then that's my point. A president shouldn't be arrogant loud mouthed or politically incorrect as someone said above. a president needs to be a leader, a communicator, and a mediator of opinions, someone who can involve everyone, and someone who can include all opinions and boil them all down to the CORRECT decisions.

good luck Eddie and all others. i know how hard it is to run these sort of committiees. in NSW Australia our section heads do a hard job, and get little feedback and most of it is always negative and unhelpful from the racers. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION, AND IT ISN'T TAINTED WITH COMMERCIAL BIAS.

just because your nations president is knee deep in oil biz money doesn't mean you have to take him as an example start properly from the grass roots up!
Eddie is not a manufacturer, he is a retailer. He buys motors and batteries from distributors. If there is a ruling against the legality of a product he sells, he calls a different distributor and orders their product instead. Non of any decisions that ROAR makes about prodcuct would affect his company, without affecting tons of others.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Each time, putting your foot in your mouth Fred.

Let's see, why where there no mod entries. Because Darren scheduled the regional carpet nats at his track the weekend after SIR's series race. So the weekend of the series race where do all the mod drivers go, to the tri-cites to practice for the regionals. Hence why there were no entries signed up.

Yes Doug just recently paid Darren because he was waiting to appoligize for the scheduling conflict which he did and Doug paid.

I'm happy you were drafted Fred, and yes freedom of speech is a great thing. However you still spout off about things you don't know the whole story on.
One last response, I promise.
I finally agree with you, all the mod drivers went to tri-cites.
There was no mod race at SIR.
I'm a B main stock driver, no way could I have finished 3rd in mod.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bottom line is;

If you think you can do better put your name on the ballot
Old 10-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No sorry, Fred and Anthony are both wrong. So to clarify. And I appologize to everyone outside of the NW, but hopefully it will be done.
Unhappy, disgruntled people make the comments long enough and then it becomes truth.
Darren scheduled his race BEFORE the series race Doug held. He had no choice, due to the fact he is renting a place. The only ones who went to regionals from our area was Brad and Tom, and they weren't going to Dougs anyway.
The other guys from Tri Cities were NOT coming over to race on asphalt because they were set up for carpet and didn’t want to change.
All the other hot mod guys were getting ready for carpet nats the next weekend and wanted carpet also. I do believe they came to my track to practice. Doesn’t matter, but it’s another blame game.

And to clarify rchoudini’s postings. Apparently I made him mad because he didn’t get to call my big race. So, anything I question or ask is now bad. Amazing Doug. I thought things were good. Guess not.

As I said in my first post. I would be attacked.
Bringing up things that happened what, 3 years ago?
Attack anyone who disagrees. That’s ok. That’s why I am the only one who can make a disagreeable comment about him running for ROAR. I’m used to getting slammed. Speaking of slamming, those comments also happened about 2-3 years ago. It was a conversation which takes 2 people to talk.

All the other personal comments about my track are silly. Banning? They owed me money and made no attempt to pay. I was the bad guy for asking. We worked out our issues and its fine.
But none of that matters. It’s the ROAR presidency that should be discussed.

I also said in my first post that he is a nice man. I know he has done a lot of good things for people in the area. He’s also been very kind to a lot of his employees. He has helped them in many personal ways.
And I also said he has some good ideas. As he responded to the comments made by various people on his plans he made some sense. Some may be able to happen, some not.

But that is what this thread is supposed to be about. Talking about issues and whether they are good plans or not. It’s not whether he has shiny things and great plans, but are they feasible?
This is strictly my opinion Peter. No one else’s. Some people do agree with me, others don’t. That’s ok.

There are also elections on each state level that I hope everyone gets out and makes their votes count.

Eddie may do a good job, and he may not. It will be an interesting election.
I have made it clear I don’t think he has the time nor the skills.
I am done here.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver
No sorry, Fred and Anthony are both wrong. So to clarify. And I appologize to everyone outside of the NW, but hopefully it will be done.
Unhappy, disgruntled people make the comments long enough and then it becomes truth.
Darren scheduled his race BEFORE the series race Doug held. He had no choice, due to the fact he is renting a place. The only ones who went to regionals from our area was Brad and Tom, and they weren't going to Dougs anyway.
The other guys from Tri Cities were NOT coming over to race on asphalt because they were set up for carpet and didn’t want to change.
All the other hot mod guys were getting ready for carpet nats the next weekend and wanted carpet also. I do believe they came to my track to practice. Doesn’t matter, but it’s another blame game.

And to clarify rchoudini’s postings. Apparently I made him mad because he didn’t get to call my big race. So, anything I question or ask is now bad. Amazing Doug. I thought things were good. Guess not.

As I said in my first post. I would be attacked.
Bringing up things that happened what, 3 years ago?
Attack anyone who disagrees. That’s ok. That’s why I am the only one who can make a disagreeable comment about him running for ROAR. I’m used to getting slammed. Speaking of slamming, those comments also happened about 2-3 years ago. It was a conversation which takes 2 people to talk.

All the other personal comments about my track are silly. Banning? They owed me money and made no attempt to pay. I was the bad guy for asking. We worked out our issues and its fine.
But none of that matters. It’s the ROAR presidency that should be discussed.

I also said in my first post that he is a nice man. I know he has done a lot of good things for people in the area. He’s also been very kind to a lot of his employees. He has helped them in many personal ways.
And I also said he has some good ideas. As he responded to the comments made by various people on his plans he made some sense. Some may be able to happen, some not.

But that is what this thread is supposed to be about. Talking about issues and whether they are good plans or not. It’s not whether he has shiny things and great plans, but are they feasible?
This is strictly my opinion Peter. No one else’s. Some people do agree with me, others don’t. That’s ok.

There are also elections on each state level that I hope everyone gets out and makes their votes count.

Eddie may do a good job, and he may not. It will be an interesting election.
I have made it clear I don’t think he has the time nor the skills.
I am done here.
dont be done, debate is good. as long as people can keep the personal attacks out of it. i feel that you came out swinging, as do a few others. but challenging what a canidate has on his/her agenda is not wrong, its normal.

just leave the personal stuff aside, in fact, leave it for a face to face ocnversation so there is no confusion.

And I also said he has some good ideas.
in one of your longer posts you picked apart every idea he has given, do you agree some of them or not. which ones.

what solutions and ideas do you propose for ROAR?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Man....This is amazing to read. I seriously thought you only see drama like this in movies, soa operas, or Telemundo. I thought the smack talking and back stabbing in South Florida was really bad, and the racers from South Florida can vouche for me when i say this.
....dude you don't know the half of it. That's just a lil' taste
Old 10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Silver

To clarify even further, I was not mad, I made the offer, you didn't take me up on it. That's is the facts. I was not mad, still not mad.
To clarify my postings from yesterday. They were not done in anger or anything else. They were just ot help set the facts straight. That's all.
Life is to short to get mad at things that you are listing. From my side things are fine, you can ask me any questions you want and I will answer them truthfully and to the best of my ability. Again I'm not mad and have no reason to be.

Fred, You are right we had nobody sign-up for mod but, when Ron stated he needed the points, I asked if anyone wanted run it and got several takers, at the time everyone had fun and you did take 3rd place. great job.

Now, if you guy's have anything further to say and if the rest of you want to read it, please take it to another thread. I'll even offer up the S.I.R. thread or you pick one but, let this one get back to the R.O.A.R. pres. info thread.
thanks
Sorry to all the racers and hobbist that it came to this. i won't post anything else that doen't have to do with the election and i will ask that all of the rest of you do the same.
RACE ON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.