Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Amainhobbies.com has it listed

Silver 0.040 30 degree
Gold 0.040 25 degree
Black 0.036 30 degree
Green 0.036 25 degree

No offense to the Drake but I take the word of a business over an internet post. Ive made plenty of mistakes when posting.
Seriously man, you don't want to take that road. I'm still washing the egg off my face, and I argued stubbornly for amain (and bmain). Carolina RC has them confirming Drake, and quite honestly, Drake pretty much speaks for the business as he WORKS for Losi.

silver, gold, green, black.

If you look at the part order on the losi site they're listed in that order as well (but unfortunately without the specs).
Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone know where I can find some of the aluminum bearing inserts - LOSA4430 - in stock (or anyone have a set they want to sell)? I'm having some major problems with my rear diff and want to rule this out as a factor.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm going to check when I get home. If your right that sucks because I ordered the wrong ones.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

He's right.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the kit includes all the springs, just look at them and you can tell the difference. The green spring is bent more so it will be a bit stiffer than the black one
Old 04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

I was wondering if a flat 5 cell 2/3 reciever pack will fit in the battery box or will I need to reconfigure my packs for when I get my 8ight?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Stratus
I was wondering if a flat 5 cell 2/3 reciever pack will fit in the battery box or will I need to reconfigure my packs for when I get my 8ight?
It's a pretty small battery box, 2 over 3 and small lipos are about all that will fit. The 1 over 4 humps won't even fit.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought I could trust Amainhobbies.com I use them for part numbers and stuff all the time and this is the first time they've been wrong. Oh well I think a green and gold combo should work just fine. Or like you said the kit has extra springs I could use the pair of blacks.

How long does the stock clutch last with the 14t bell? I bought a 13t and a set of kingheadz shoes for when it does finally go. Ive put 3 tanks on it in my neighborhood to break the engine in slightly and I am going racing Sunday. I wanna know if I am going to need to replace it before the main. I could have to bump up if things are the same as opening day last year.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I thought I could trust Amainhobbies.com I use them for part numbers and stuff all the time and this is the first time they've been wrong. Oh well I think a green and gold combo should work just fine. Or like you said the kit has extra springs I could use the pair of blacks.

How long does the stock clutch last with the 14t bell? I bought a 13t and a set of kingheadz shoes for when it does finally go. Ive put 3 tanks on it in my neighborhood to break the engine in slightly and I am going racing Sunday. I wanna know if I am going to need to replace it before the main. I could have to bump up if things are the same as opening day last year.
Incidentally, a friend and I both run gold/green because silver gold gets WAY too much wheel sping at our track.

Stock clutch should last well over a gallon, though you should check it now and then and make sure the aluminum shoes don't mushroom too much and catch against the flywheel.

The bell should last quite a bit longer.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Spring Rate Chart

Originally Posted by Kcdzim
Seriously man, you don't want to take that road. I'm still washing the egg off my face, and I argued stubbornly for amain (and bmain). Carolina RC has them confirming Drake, and quite honestly, Drake pretty much speaks for the business as he WORKS for Losi.

silver, gold, green, black.

If you look at the part order on the losi site they're listed in that order as well (but unfortunately without the specs).
I called and spoke to Josh today to verify. I have spoken to Josh before and he is good. Anyway, he told me he took the clutch spring rates directly off of a report from Adam Drake and cut and paste the information.
So I am going to go with the Gold and Black combo.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by glitchy
It's a pretty small battery box, 2 over 3 and small lipos are about all that will fit. The 1 over 4 humps won't even fit.
Alright thanks. I will start to rebuild them now....give me something to do until my buggy gets here lol
Old 04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JWRockman
I called and spoke to Josh today to verify. I have spoken to Josh before and he is good. Anyway, he told me he took the clutch spring rates directly off of a report from Adam Drake and cut and paste the information.
So I am going to go with the Gold and Black combo.
just look at the springs, it's a noticeable difference between the degree of bending between the black and green spring
Old 04-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just wanted to let everyone know that the X-ray XB8 +1 and +2 hexes work perfectly.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Miller- If you worry anymore your going to have to check into therapy. Just run the silver and black springs, silver on the aluminum and black on the carbon. Ive got three gallons out of a set of shoes. If your worrying about them being done before a main, or they do wear out in a day, something is definetly set up wrong. Ive been running the car for about 4 to 5 gallons and have got my 2nd clutch in it.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To those of you running radio tray stiffners - are you then having body mount problems? My throttle linkage rubs on the body because it sitting up higher. There is no adjustment in the body mounts to speak of either. Any suggestions? This is with both the JConncepts body and the Proline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.