Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I drove mine for the first time last night and its very neutral. I'm not pushing the envelope of speed and handling just yet with the 13.5, but it looks good and is very predictable. I'd say I'm a second or more off pace with the experienced drivers at our track, no big deal as I'm in learning mode. It came with a setup on the car which needs to be documented as the shop owner who also drives a Type-R wants to compare with his setup. We'll see if its ready to race this weekend (if I am actually). I'll post the setup it has on it for giggles once I have it.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hoping someone could help me out with the final drive ratios for the Type R, looking to go to the optional 41t pulleys to lower the ratio. I am trying to lower for the use for a VTA, and cant get my hands on the JRXS spur adapter. I am also running the 17.5 4 cell spec. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The internal drive ratios are

42/23= approx. 1.83 Stock
41/23= approx. 1.78 With 41 pulleys front/back

You will probably still have a hard time gearing a 17.5.

As for finding a spur adapter, I would try 360. www.360rcspeedway.com.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

looking for a little help myself....run rubber tire on low bite ozite carpet.basically running haynes sppol set-up except im running 17.5 springs on the front and back.i also put a 1 degree rear block on it for more steering.
car pushes badly coming in the turn...but exit it has way to much...any help..?i dont really know where to go with it.i was told that the rp24 tires i was using were shot...tires might be the problem but i dont know...lmk
Old 03-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
looking for a little help myself....run rubber tire on low bite ozite carpet.basically running haynes sppol set-up except im running 17.5 springs on the front and back.i also put a 1 degree rear block on it for more steering.
car pushes badly coming in the turn...but exit it has way to much...any help..?i dont really know where to go with it.i was told that the rp24 tires i was using were shot...tires might be the problem but i dont know...lmk
Decresing rear toe will give you less steering off power and more on power. From what you have said I would try going the other way and add toe in at the rear.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Decresing rear toe will give you less steering off power and more on power. From what you have said I would try going the other way and add toe in at the rear.
makes sense...thx....i knew it would help with the steering.i just didnt know which way..lol..
any comments on how to get more off power steering.even using the 2 degree rear block it still pushed pretty bad.i have the shocks all the way down in the front.before i put the 1 degree block in the rear i tride them in the middle hole.but made the car loose in the middle of the turn...
i got one week left to try for they are shutting down for the season..and well there is somebody there who needs to be tought a lesson.....lol
Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i was told that the rp24 tires i was using were shot...tires might be the problem but i dont know...lmk
No point talking setup unless you are using the right tyres and traction compound. Nothing can make a care on the wrong tyres competative.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
No point talking setup unless you are using the right tyres and traction compound. Nothing can make a care on the wrong tyres competative.
im either going to buy the sorex 24 or 28.im hearing the 28 tire is the better choice.
traction compound im using trinity zip free...i think thats what its called...they only use a couple different traction compounds there and one was jack the gripper and that zip free.

again thx for the help.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

im either going to buy the sorex 24 or 28.im hearing the 28 tire is the better choice.
traction compound im using trinity zip free...i think thats what its called...they only use a couple different traction compounds there and one was jack the gripper and that zip free.

again thx for the help.
Next time you race ask some of the fastest guy's at the track what tyres and compounds they are using. At least 90% of your setup is the right tyres. Also you would be surprised how much difference the body can make to your cars balance.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you are running the stock caster blocks (4*) try (6*). I rarely run more than 2* total toe in. That would be a 1* block in the rear.

Good Luck,
Casey
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mojoman
If you are running the stock caster blocks (4*) try (6*). I rarely run more than 2* total toe in. That would be a 1* block in the rear.

Good Luck,
Casey

I agree with this setting but using the 15lbs on the rear maybe helpful
Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

makes sense...thx....i knew it would help with the steering.i just didnt know which way..lol..
any comments on how to get more off power steering.even using the 2 degree rear block it still pushed pretty bad.i have the shocks all the way down in the front.before i put the 1 degree block in the rear i tride them in the middle hole.but made the car loose in the middle of the turn...
i got one week left to try for they are shutting down for the season..and well there is somebody there who needs to be tought a lesson.....lol
Have you tried more rear droop?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

yea i have tride alot of these things.the 6 blocks made the steering feel kinda fake i guess.turned to hard in making the car assy.

thx for all the info
Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are you running a spool, diff or oneway?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Are you running a spool, diff or oneway?
larry,
im running a spool with the 42 tooth polley.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.