Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Great run Martin.. I also did that.. I just went -15% I feel like a champ now..
Old 11-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Great run Martin.. I also did that.. I just went -15% I feel like a champ now..
Thanks Tag.... the Losi was easy to drive once I got my set-up sorted out. Here in XRay country, it's always nice when they don't fill the podium.

Looking forward to the next race as I've gotten closer to figuring out how changes effect this chassis. For one, I noticed that shortening the rear camber-links actually made the car rotate more - where-as my last car, it was the opposite .

I do have to compliment the people at Losi for this chassis though. It's really easy to work on and the diffs have been great! A big peeve some of the previous cars I owned.

Last edited by duckman996; 11-12-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you try 8 degrees of castor and the steering feels numb like what Jason said try talking out the expo. If you already have it at zero then forget it.

Paul
Old 11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Li-Po Tray for JRXS-R

Anyone know of a LHS that might have a steel Li-Po tray #4312 in stock.

Seems like Horizon and the whole system has dried up for this part.

Hoping I don't have to wait until Dec to get one. Oh well...2 weeks.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRAY
Anyone know of a LHS that might have a steel Li-Po tray #4312 in stock.

Seems like Horizon and the whole system has dried up for this part.

Hoping I don't have to wait until Dec to get one. Oh well...2 weeks.
try my LHS Dirt Burners, i think they had one last time i was there.
Bill @ 248.926.1140 tell him level-4 sent ya
Old 11-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi Li-Po tray

Thanks.

I called Dirt Burners and they sold the last one they had. Bummer!

Anyone else?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

anyone have a good rubber / carpet setup to share?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumChris
http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4620
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumChris
Seems like they're hard to come by for this car. I had a decent one going for a while (low-bite) but inexplicably decided that I missed foam tires and dumped it to go back. I think it's back to rubbers for me for a while, foam has been stressing me out and taking the joy out of racing.

Anyway, I started with "HVFracingwilly @ Hobbytown" setup found here. Then, I added a one-way and ditched the sway bars and foam in the shocks. It was far from perfect, but I was making progress with it. It worked especially well in low-traction while the other guys were sliding around. We're spraying the carpet again now, so I expect to have to free things up a bit.

I'm still learning my way around setups, so I hesitate to share them at all. So, take it all with a grain of salt. I think Schreff and Larry came up with a setup for Tags before IIC, maybe they can share that again? I don't see it on any of the setup sites.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Seems like they're hard to come by for this car. I had a decent one going for a while (low-bite) but inexplicably decided that I missed foam tires and dumped it to go back. I think it's back to rubbers for me for a while, foam has been stressing me out and taking the joy out of racing.

Anyway, I started with "HVFracingwilly @ Hobbytown" setup found here. Then, I added a one-way and ditched the sway bars and foam in the shocks. It was far from perfect, but I was making progress with it. It worked especially well in low-traction while the other guys were sliding around. We're spraying the carpet again now, so I expect to have to free things up a bit.

I'm still learning my way around setups, so I hesitate to share them at all. So, take it all with a grain of salt. I think Schreff and Larry came up with a setup for Tags before IIC, maybe they can share that again? I don't see it on any of the setup sites.
So you did not like the one I sent you then ehh? I made a few changes to that one and it seemed way better to me at least. If you want to know what I did, drop me a pm. I used the setup on asphalt and in LV with the only difference of not using spool in LV. I went with a oneway there.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Yeti35
So you did not like the one I sent you then ehh? I made a few changes to that one and it seemed way better to me at least. If you want to know what I did, drop me a pm. I used the setup on asphalt and in LV with the only difference of not using spool in LV. I went with a oneway there.
OMG, I totally forgot! I'll go check it out now. All this stuff about moving has me scatterbrained lately. You see the picture of the CORRC track? 120x60 carpet, damn.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Switching between 6-cell and LiPo

Hi all,

I've been using LiPo's (Orion 4800) for initial practice and 6-cell for final practice and races.

The car drives differently.... Even when weighting the car to same weight. I assume this is due to different verticle center of gravity -vs- roll center. The car rolls more and has more bite with 6-cell (not to mention has on average .2 volts more)..

Anybody figure out how to get these to behave the same? A certain amount of lead on top deck when running LiPO??? Or some other tuning??

ps- No I don't want to run a high roll center when running cells Too bad there's no way to run a extra low roll center when running LiPo.

Ideal answer would be to run the weighted battery tray and then some unknown amount of lead on topdeck to get the balance and weight transfer the same..

Anybody?
Comments?
Buelller?

Mark Taylor
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Lord

A couple of us were discussing this at the track last night. That is, does having the weight so low (weighted LiPo tray) affect the car, and if so, to what degree. It seems inevitable that it would, but I don't have the engineering background required to even speculate on how.

I'd love to know the answer as well. Unfortunately, until LiPo is more prominent in the racing crowd, I'm not sure how much definitive testing we'll see done.

Try warming your LiPo's up to 110-120F before you race. It won't hurt them, and you'll get some more voltage. The Orion cells are particularly low on voltage because of their safe chemistry. I switched out the cells in my Orion Platinum case (with lots of cramming and scary pack disassembly) with the Saehan cells from FMA Direct, and it's a LOT closer in voltage to what the NiMH guys are getting. My Muchmore cell warming tray should be here soon, which will give it a little more still.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:55 PM
PDM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if JR Servos like Z9000 or Z9100 fit the Type-R?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Try warming your LiPo's up to 110-120F before you race. It won't hurt them, and you'll get some more voltage.
Do not do this... only run LIPO's at their rated safe temps.. that kind of advice is whats giving lipo a bad name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.