Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High quality, low drag bearings

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

beside Acer & Boca, who else sells ceramic bearings kit??
Not to mention those skf,ntn etc... there are more into industrial and sells large qty....
p/s, what happen to betterballs???
Old 01-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Do they have bearing kits like for the XXX-S? Heck, I don't even know how many bearings are in the car, much less how many of each size...??? Help, it could use new bearings I'm sure!

Thanks,
Jits
Old 01-29-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

JitsuGuy-

Did you skip over the whole thread?

www.acerracing.com and boca bearings both have full kits for the XXX-S. There are 21 bearings. $29.99 at acer racing.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

I checked Acerracing's site but never found the kits. I'll take another look.

Thanks for the info!!!

Jits
Old 01-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anybody know what the difference is between Acer's "TEFLASONIC Dual PTFE Sealed Bearing Kits" and "Dual Super Polyamide Sealed COLOR Bearing Kits"? Is it just the seal type, or is there a difference in the design of the bearing itself?
Old 01-29-2003, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

HELP ON CERAMICS BEARINGS

Hi Guys, I just found this forum so i dont know what you have written already... sorry...
I am going to buy aset of ceramic bearings from Acer racing for my XXX-S GP.
1. Do you think that i will understand the ceramics bearing in the track?? ( i mean i will notice a better rolling or a better accelaration, or a better eficiency).
2. Do you think that i will save some grams from the total weight of the car??
3. Do you think that it worth buying these bearings???

Thanks a lot guys

Harris
Old 01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

While technically ceramic is lighter than the steel it replaces, all my searches for specific weight differences have come up empty. There are bearing manufacturers that list weights of larger bearings and list the same weight for each (metal and hybrid ceramic) of the same size.

The balls are really only a small part of the weight in a bearing, I'd be surprised if there is a significant difference in weight.

Since reports are that they last about the same as metal ball bearings, I'd think it not very worth it to go ceramic unless you have money to burn or competing at the highest levels of competition. I wouldn't expect huge differences in friction levels. At least not $100 worth of a difference.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Concillian,thanks for your answer.
In the tracks the only thing that you here is that ceramic bearings are the best, they roll like crazy, you will see a big difference in your batteries......and things like that..That's why i am asking, because to tell you the true the bearings inside the kit is not good.... I am searching for something better, with a better roll.

waiting for your answers.....

Thanks
Harris
Old 01-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: HELP ON CERAMICS BEARINGS

Originally posted by harris
Hi Guys, I just found this forum so i dont know what you have written already... sorry...
I am going to buy aset of ceramic bearings from Acer racing for my XXX-S GP.
1. Do you think that i will understand the ceramics bearing in the track?? ( i mean i will notice a better rolling or a better accelaration, or a better eficiency).
2. Do you think that i will save some grams from the total weight of the car??
3. Do you think that it worth buying these bearings???

Thanks a lot guys

Harris
1. Yes, the ceramic bearings a freer than any other bearing on the market. This is especially apparent when you put a side load on the bearing - ceramics stay super free and smooth while metal tends to lose its smoothness.

2. No, the weight loss is minimal and not noticeable. Only the balls are ceramic. The rest of the bearing (inner and outer cage, race) is still metal.

3. If you want the best, ceramic is it. yes, its a lot more expensive. Is it worth it??? well, that's gotta be your choice.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

WHAT HAPPENED TO ACER RACING???

My friend and me tried to order the ceramic bearing kits from acer thru the internet but with error...
then, to verify if my order went thru or not, I email and faxed them the situation summary...an even called them all the way from Malaysia... BUT...... it's voice mail...

Does anybody here know any telephone number of Acer that can get me speaking to a person instead of a dumb voicemail??

Pls... I am interested on their bearing but it seems that they dont want to sell....

If any of you here is Acer guys... pls reply me ASAP....

thanks..
Old 01-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

I just did an order last week and everything went just fine. I never called them so I don't know about that.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

HEY DUDES!,
Im going to the snowbirds....got acer ceramics in two of my three cars....will let you know when i return as to thier performance.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

well guys... guess what..???

I called them again and finally spoke to someone... he's helpfull...
well.. too bad, our internet transaction did not go thru.... so he asked me to use Int. Money order... Well... i am going to order the item next week... it's 1 week holiday here in Malaysia... festive seasons..

cant wait to get the bearings....
Old 02-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well it's been a while since anybody's posted anything here. How are you guys enjoying the Acer Polymide bearings? Also, has anybody tried their synthetic bearing oil? I order a bottle of that stuff as well and have a slight inclination that it may just be Aeroshell in a different bottle
Old 02-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

If the oil is reddish-purple it is AeroShell 12.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.