Radio recommendations. any suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radio recommendations. any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

i just got a great deal on a ko pro ex-1 mars. they have just as many if not more features than the m8 and 3pk. it also uses modules like the others. the reciever comes with it is very tiny. the radio also uses "levels", basicaly groupings of functions that allow you to choose what "level" you want and not have to scroll throught 32967386 functions you dont' need. IMO the mars look the best. I got the original mars, but the R edition looks even better, but don't believe the 40% faster bs.

anyway... before you buy a radio you should go to your LHS and feel the radio.. see if it's comfortable, if the buttons are easily accessible, if it's heavy, etc. what it really comes down to is: ergonomics, looks, and ease of use. they really all have the same functions.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

3pk has more options etc than m8 by far

i think alot of champion drivers are sponsored by airtronics also it was better than other radios before all the new stuff came out lately

mars r is noticably faster than my old radio an m8 which is also known for its speed so to say its bs is wrong its like getting a faster servo you can feel it if you are paying attention but of course it wont make the difference between bad and good driving

but like torchedlh said it really has to do with the feel and how easy it is to use for you the individual purchasing the radio to know which radio is right for you
Old 01-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

palease...compare apples to apples. knowing that the mars R is faster than a m8 doesn't do anyone much good. i said it's not much faster than the original mars.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

if ko propo went as far as to say 40% faster dont you think that they meant it?

do you think they lied? or possibly they used a 40% faster microprocessor to make an improvement

and i believe the m8 is already a faster radio than the ex-1 mars
Old 01-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

think of it this way. if you use to have a 1ghz processor, and upgrade to a 1.4ghz processor. your computer isn't going to be 40% faster in loading apps, saving data, or getting 40% more FPS in unreal. you understand what i'm saying? if there were to make EVERY component of the radio faster, i believe it would help, but in actuality there are other bottlenecks. so all i'm saying is take the "40% faster" with a grain of salt. the whole radio is maybe 5% faster at most.

that's my $.02