Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default CF or Tubs

I understand the need for tubs ( bashers, and no bite parking lot racing) AE screwed the racers with the TC4 ( tub with a few pretty blue bits) and made every thing else an upgrade then 6 months later cane out with a FT kit in CF. All I'm saying is if AE wants to get my money give me a race car not a toy.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EricF
As I told 51 (Brent T. Assoc. team mngr) once, Tubs are for taking a bath in Sedans should be made of CF.

E
I believe that was Zippy, but that sounds about correct.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lumberjak
I understand the need for tubs ( bashers, and no bite parking lot racing) AE screwed the racers with the TC4 ( tub with a few pretty blue bits) and made every thing else an upgrade then 6 months later cane out with a FT kit in CF. All I'm saying is if AE wants to get my money give me a race car not a toy.
The 5th fastest car in the worlds was a toy???
Old 06-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Toy Cars

The TC4 was just a revamped TC3 nothing earth shattering, a good car for it's time but not a great car, AE missed the mark with it. Now everyone wants a CF car to race and so do I. With AE's history of late I have to take a wait and see stance on this one. All AE needs to do is step-up and really produce a quality sedan at a reasonable price point. All the hype and hoopla I'm getting from the net is telling me nothing so far, just rumor and hearsay, grainy "spy" photos mixed with a whole bunch of pipe dreams. With AE doing an enginering exercise (PROTOTYPE) everyone goes ape and builds a new car in their mind. Wait and see is all I'm saying.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this is what the net is for, to pass time. If we waited for official pics and company press releases before commenting on products then we would only have 3-4 posts a year.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default HYPE and HOOPLA

I'll bet AE is loving all of it. Right now they could throw any P.O.S. in a box and hundreds would run out and buy it (TC4 tub) but I want a quality sedan. I have to wait and see what comes before I comit to a new AE tourer.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Lumberjack with AE's history of excellence. I think you owe them a little respect. They never released the car to not win. The results weren't what they were planning on either. It did win some big races though. They have many world championships.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The new car is far from a toy. It looks like its gonna be a winner.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AE has not released a bad car in all its years of production. Each car served its purpose, and did it well. The Tub TC4 is not the carpet monster WE wanted it to be... but i dont think AE designed it to be one. The FT car does fine on the carpet... admittedly it may not be the "fastest" car on the rug... but maybe we all just need to admit its the DRIVER that is the issue. Belt, shaft, direct drive... who cares... AE will release another car and in that time XRAY will release three more... bashing AE for its supposed lack of vision with the TC4 accomplishes nothing. Personally i see TC hitting a wall of sorts... reaching a limit of its status amongst R/Cers. 500$ cars to be competitive? Sheesh. Ill wheel my B4 (and T4... i just ordered one!! ) long before i put another set of foams on ANY TC. But if i do... it will be AE.

The T2 is a nice car, but i absolutely hate belt cars... if that is the trend... then i would rather have an AE car over some hard-to-get parts for, metric P.O.S. At least AE does something about the problems they have with cars, other than releasing another version, and charging you to replace the original... a'la Xray.

In other words... just shut up and wheel...
Old 06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Too Much Hype and Hoopla

All of the AE devotees waiting with baited breath for anything better than the TC4 tells me that they have a great custimer base. No, the TC4 is not a fabulus rug-racer more of a tar-car. What I'm saying is that I was extremely dissapointed with the TC4 and I am now waiting to see and handle their new offering before I commit to AE for my next tourer.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skamolly
kiddies? wtf?

its their product they have the right to keep it on the down low. daring AE is just a waste of time.

and besides why would a company show a prototype version? stupid its a
temporary car it aint finished yet.
Who you calling stupid? Watch your words!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Just get a T2 lumberjak. I have not looked back since I made the switch.

Originally Posted by lumberjak
All of the AE devotees waiting with baited breath for anything better than the TC4 tells me that they have a great custimer base. No, the TC4 is not a fabulus rug-racer more of a tar-car. What I'm saying is that I was extremely dissapointed with the TC4 and I am now waiting to see and handle their new offering before I commit to AE for my next tourer.
It's the first TC I have ever liked in nearly every design aspect. No way will AE's TC be better than the Xray T2. AE can't design a car with mutiflex chassis, because Xray has a pat pending. It's by far the best chassis flex design on the market. From the look of the pics, same crap shocks. lol The only thing I see lacking in a T2 is that a lipo would fit in it and that you have to buy a whole diff to get one part. You won't see the craftsmanship in a battery strap design like Xray. Sorry...just my two cents.

Last edited by RCknight; 06-29-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
It's the first TC I have ever liked in nearly every design aspect. No way will AE's TC be better than the Xray T2. AE burried their head in the stand and it's too late now. One, AE can't design a car with mutiflex chassis, because Xray has a pat pending. It's by far the best chassis flex design on the market. From the look of the pics, same crap shocks and the upper deck is all jacked up. lol AE will take short cuts as always. They are more about making a extra buck rather than making a TC where every part is designed the best it can. The only thing I see lacking in a T2 is that a lipo would fit in it and that you have to buy a whole diff to get one part. You won't see the craftsmanship in a battery strap design like Xray. Sorry...just my two cents.

Wow...what a negative response. You almost sound like a brainwashed Mac fan who owns an ipod, Macbook and iMac. If you tell one of those folks that your PC with an AMD Opteron will DESTROY their precious powermac G5 in just about any task, they still refuse to believe it...

Bling does NOT equal performance. Period.

Good design and hard driving wins each and every time. If AE puts out a good belt car with snappy handling at a good price, you'll see them back on top again. Besides, actually being able to afford and find parts would be a nice change.

So what if my battery strap is composite plastic.

Last edited by Soviet; 06-29-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'll wait to see what AE has before I buy one. I learned much from the TC4, like buy a car that will work to start with, price is not my only concern. My point still is wait and see what they come out with it's still a prototype.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

please don t feed the trolls !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.