Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Congrats on the great results, its good to see a very worthy car finally making an impression at the top level.

Would be good to see some pics of the prototype.

Cheers

Robbie
Old 10-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes... out with the pics... or at least send em out to the importers so some of us can drool.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry double post...
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Im new to this Top Scythe car... Ive recently bought a used car which happens to be a US spec car though I'm living in Asia... It seems no one or at least those I know of can help me since most of them bought the regular Top Scythe 2008... so where better to ask about the car other than rctech..

Firstly, is it necessary to put suspension mount spacers underneath the suspension mount??? Can the droop be adjusted without these spacers installed??? The car I bought did not come with any suspension mount spacers...

Secondly, I've jz recently when to a race last weekend and I noticed the C-joint blades wears out so quickly... I'm using a spool upfront and was wondering is there any alternative to this??? Is it a must to use these C-joint blades ???

Sorry for the noob questions...
Old 10-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Yes... out with the pics... or at least send em out to the importers so some of us can drool.
You guys will NOT be dissapointed it. I seen Josh's prototype this past weekend and it looks good. Very well designed/thought out and has some new unique features on it. Good job indeed.

EA
Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Im new to this Top Scythe car... Ive recently bought a used car which happens to be a US spec car though I'm living in Asia... It seems no one or at least those I know of can help me since most of them bought the regular Top Scythe 2008... so where better to ask about the car other than rctech..

Firstly, is it necessary to put suspension mount spacers underneath the suspension mount??? Can the droop be adjusted without these spacers installed??? The car I bought did not come with any suspension mount spacers...

Secondly, I've jz recently when to a race last weekend and I noticed the C-joint blades wears out so quickly... I'm using a spool upfront and was wondering is there any alternative to this??? Is it a must to use these C-joint blades ???

Most people run some spacing under the blocks. I run 2mm under the front (requires the split blocks though) and 1mm under the rear, but 0.5mm or 1mm all round is a fine starting point.

The blades are there because they are cheap to replace, they wear instead of the expensive driveshafts and spool. Although personally I use the steel spool which is a bit tougher and does not use the blades anyway.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You guys will NOT be dissapointed it. I seen Josh's prototype this past weekend and it looks good. Very well designed/thought out and has some new unique features on it. Good job indeed.

EA
I watched EJ run the car this past weekend at are asphalt regional race. The car was dialed.
Josh great job designing the car. I was kind of skeptical because I thought Josh was mainly a carpet guy and thought he would disign a car to run good on carpet but after EJ run this weekend on asphalt I changed my mind and can't wait to get the car.
EJ won 10.5 race and finished 2nd at 13.5( he did a bobble).
Josh good luck at the worlds.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone,

As far as the pics go... You will have to wait for EJ and Vincent to give the word. Until then, everyone will just have to hope we come to your track soon to do some testing!!!

I am primarily a carpet guy but I understand the fundamentals, concepts and trends that I have seen other mfg's work on for rubber tire racing. Believe it or not, I actually have done a lot of testing with rubber tires for this project so a lot was learned. With this in mind, we built a new car from the ground up with the intent to have a car capable of winning races under any platform (foam, rubber, asphalt, carpet). This is a stressfull time waiting for it to come out and hearing everyone's comments and impressions so hopefully it does the job and quiets a lot of critics who questioned my ability but also my move to TOP Racing last year....... The best part though.... This is only the begining...
Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hello Everyone,

As far as the pics go... You will have to wait for EJ and Vincent to give the word. Until then, everyone will just have to hope we come to your track soon to do some testing!!!

I am primarily a carpet guy but I understand the fundamentals, concepts and trends that I have seen other mfg's work on for rubber tire racing. Believe it or not, I actually have done a lot of testing with rubber tires for this project so a lot was learned. With this in mind, we built a new car from the ground up with the intent to have a car capable of winning races under any platform (foam, rubber, asphalt, carpet). This is a stressfull time waiting for it to come out and hearing everyone's comments and impressions so hopefully it does the job and quiets a lot of critics who questioned my ability but also my move to TOP Racing last year....... The best part though.... This is only the begining...

Good thing EJ is local so I will get to see the car more often
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Good thing EJ is local so I will get to see the car more often
Yeah, you get to see it running since your marshalling the A mains all the time OH SNAP!, I went there
Old 10-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Congratulations on the results, many pilots eagerly awaits the new development, good luck Josh, you have many friends, giving support around the world.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Pay this guy! Funny sh*t.

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Yeah, you get to see it running since your marshalling the A mains all the time OH SNAP!, I went there
Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I chased you out of the state
Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hello Everyone,

Thats funny Josh, cause vincent said to see you guys on the forums for the pics, as his car is not complete to take pics of

Re the second part, i know i was personally very excited to see you join TOP, for such a small company they have already done big things, and from seeing pics of your previous projects that werent taken up by the bigger manufacturers, i knew that TOP would be in a far better position to take your ideas into production.

Very excited to see what the new car holds.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tpg racer

Droop is adjusted just like any car with the droop screws, spacers under the mounts are used to control the roll centre only. Keep in mind though that the TOP blocks are already higher than HB blocks by 1.0mm, so generally you wouldnt go more than half to a mm of spacing. If you wish to space, you can just use 3mm screw spacers, just that the plates are easier to use.

The blades on the alloy spool will blow out after a few runs only if the alloy spool is worn, once the spool develops a sharp edge it will chew through blades fast, you will need to replace the spool.

Stay away from the steel spool the handling turns to shit running this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.