GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK, this all sounds way fun and cool to even get a break from the heated 1/8th scale onroad. Some weekends I don't want to mess with all my "tweaking" and this sounds like the PERFECT alternative. Now here is my stupid question. I own the older Kyosho Landmax. I think it fits all the guidlines, however it has the Subaru 4 door sedan body, or rally depending on how you see it. Is this body legal or do I need to get a new body. I have had this car for like 5 years and never even started it. It would be awesome to actually be able to play with the darn thing. So yeah, I suppose I am too lazy right now to find out what catagory the Subaru body falls under. So can I use this or not? If not, where can I look for these other GT style bodies? Not too sure who sells them, or are they pretty common and can find them all over the place, Like Tower, A main hobbies etc.. Thanks for the help guys. Here's a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-dscf0467.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dscf0470.jpg  
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by headhunter
The inferno GT is a great car and introducing the GT class is a great idea but I think you should have a intro level with rules to keep the cost down and a expert level where you can modify as much as you want.

If you need alot of Inferno GT info look at this http://http://infernogt.proboards102.com/index.cgi

Kyosho is the way
You have an extra 'http://' in your link.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Spec class

I am excited about racing these cars and plan to participate at the track next season.
Is the spec class targeted for one manufacturer only?
Are the Ofna GTP and Kyosho IGT equivalent cars in their stock "as shipped" base configuration?
Does the focus of the spec class get lost as base models from different manufacturers are allowed?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
OK, this all sounds way fun and cool to even get a break from the heated 1/8th scale onroad. Some weekends I don't want to mess with all my "tweaking" and this sounds like the PERFECT alternative. Now here is my stupid question. I own the older Kyosho Landmax. I think it fits all the guidlines, however it has the Subaru 4 door sedan body, or rally depending on how you see it. Is this body legal or do I need to get a new body. I have had this car for like 5 years and never even started it. It would be awesome to actually be able to play with the darn thing. So yeah, I suppose I am too lazy right now to find out what catagory the Subaru body falls under. So can I use this or not? If not, where can I look for these other GT style bodies? Not too sure who sells them, or are they pretty common and can find them all over the place, Like Tower, A main hobbies etc.. Thanks for the help guys. Here's a few pics.
Dude, that car is good to go in Kyosho GT Stock.

SS Speedway this December 1-2 in Tampa Florida.

Come on down!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
I am excited about racing these cars and plan to participate at the track next season.
Is the spec class targeted for one manufacturer only?
Are the Ofna GTP and Kyosho IGT equivalent cars in their stock "as shipped" base configuration?
Does the focus of the spec class get lost as base models from different manufacturers are allowed?
I'd like to see both manufacturers working together like Ford & Chevy in NASCAR.

If you know people at OFNA have them contact RC Pro Series. I've tried several times with no reply. Lets try again, all together this time!

Chris at Ofna, if you want your cars to be part of RC Pro's "Spec" Rally program for 2008, please contact RC Pro Series to be part of the new classes; if you want your customers to race with us then pick up the phone.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Hehehe. I like the iGT class idea, for sure. And unless I own one, I just don't want to be on the track at the same time.

doug

Well said ApexSpeed......I agree.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

<<<Kyosho Inferno GT SS Class Rules:

Car Rules
1. Must be Kyosho GT or Kyosho buggy converted to a GT car.
2. Engine may be changed to any .28 or smaller engine. >>>>>

So lemme see if I have this straight. I can buy this $400 IGT car and put a $800 Mario Rossi Engine in it. Count me in!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JVStrat

Car Rules
1. Must be Kyosho GT or Kyosho buggy converted to a GT car.
2. Engine may be changed to any .28 or smaller engine. >>>>>

So lemme see if I have this straight. I can buy this $400 IGT car and put a $800 Mario Rossi Engine in it. Count me in!!!!
Yea, don’t forget to put grease in it to help with the break-in.
If you really want to go fast, put your 4-Tech engine in it too!
We’ll change the rules just so you will be legal to run it with 95% nitro, OK

Can you believe this is the same guy with the leaking diff problem?

Dude, get a clue
Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Yea, don’t forget to put grease in it to help with the break-in.
If you really want to go fast, put your 4-Tech engine in it too!
We’ll change the rules just so you will be legal to run it with 95% nitro, OK

Can you believe this is the same guy with the leaking diff problem?

Dude, get a clue
Old 11-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JVStrat

I think these cars are going to be more about low end torque then top end speed, for that matter a overworked engine is not going to be able to outperform a bone stock .28 in racing. Perhaps combined with Rubber tires that will also limit the amount of power you'll be able to lay down.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I think these cars are going to be more about low end torque then top end speed, for that matter a overworked engine is not going to be able to outperform a bone stock .28 in racing. Perhaps combined with Rubber tires that will also limit the amount of power you'll be able to lay down.
They're more like the "Big Block" street cars of yesterday!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I just have a question about the rubber tires? How do these rubber tires hook-up on a track that has been sprayed with traction compound.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

You can get the IGT bodies on Kyosho's site painted and unpainted.

Are you guys going to allow foam tires?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by headhunter
You can get the IGT bodies on Kyosho's site painted and unpainted.

Are you guys going to allow foam tires?
Yes, to the bodies... but on the foam tires... See above all the rules are layed out (see Post #73)... but to recap... No foam in Stock class, yes foam in the pro class.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There has been a push for years to attract new racers into the racing niche of the hobby. As most of us can attest, nitro cars attract more spectators to the track than the electric cars. People tend to gravitate to the sounds of the nitro cars and love to hear them shift gears and fly down straight-aways. With that said, I, being a long-time nitro racer, love the idea of an inexpensive, spec-type, entry-level class if it means getting more folks into the racing niche. The cars are big, durable, and somewhat easy to drive. I also love the rules in regards to a box-stock spec class (levels the playing field making driving and setup the key) and a SS class (for the experienced racer that likes the class but not in the same league as the beginner driver). The one thing that kills me about conversations like this are the racers that come in very negative with the “been there, done that”, “we have enough classes, why dilute the racing pool more”, or “it will never work” attitudes. Some of these type of guys forget that when they started racing, many of the experienced guys back then cursed under their breathes when your newbie butt was practicing/running on the track, wondering if you were going to take them out due to your lack of driving skills. I see the IGT class as a way for the newbie to get into nitro and get his feet wet, hopefully learning and developing skills along the way, and then graduating to the other classes if that is what they want to do. Also, it keeps them out of the way of the more experienced racers while the newbie is developing his driving skills. However, I see too many elitists that are only concerned with themselves and their clique’s self-interests at the expense of the hobby and racing in particular. The way I see it, today’s spectators are tomorrow’s racers. If you have 50 spectators watch your club races each time you run and you can attract 5-10 of them during the year into buying a car and coming out to race, then you are accomplishing the desired goal. These newbies have friends that they might be able to convince one into buying gear and coming out to race as well. I, for one, am tired of the “status-quo” racer that is satisfied with running with his clique and damn everyone else. It is this type of attitude that is killing on-road racing in many areas of the country. Let’s roll with the IGT/DTM (not forgetting OFNA which also has an equivalent car) and see what happens. If the class dies off due to non-participation by the newbie, then so be it. But we won’t know if it will work if we don’t give it a chance. Quit being a class snob (directed more toward the 1/8th scale on-road guys who think their class is the most important one in the r/c world and the r/c world revolves around them). What newbie has $1500 to $2000 to burn getting into the high-end 1/8th scale car that can only be run on a specific, traction-prepped surface when they can buy one that is less fragile, more affordable, and can be run almost anywhere (bash with it in between organized racing).

Juan

Last edited by JLock; 11-08-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.