Ask Team Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Ok... here's one for the techies...

Don't laugh.... its old but its good

I bought a new Tekin P12C from one of the local hobby shops that had it lying in the warehouse as 'new old' stock. Got home, wired it up and set the throttle up.... So far so good.... then the problem showed up. On full throttle, the motor runs smooth and even. but on light part throttle the motor stutters like the brakes are getting pulsed on.

I adjusted my throttle EPA back to 100% forward and brake (was on 150%) and gave it another try. The pulsing/stutter is still there, but it occupies a larger part of the trigger movement (now approx 60% of the total movement from neutral; used to be less at 150% EPA).

I thought it might have been the TX/RX combination, so I swapped out the DX3R to a JR R1 w/Spektrum module... Still the same.... Swapped and tried 3 different motors from 27Tstocks to 11x3s. Still the same...

Anyone have any clue as to what is happening? I've been racking my brains and can't seem to figure it out...

Thanks!
I haven't seen this mentioned yet in any of the replies so far... Now it's been a LONG time since I used the P12 series speedos, but I DO remember sometimes getting into a stutter condition with them once in a while. The thing that used to bring it on was setting the current limiter very low in an attempt to get more run time. Check if the current limiter pot is set down low, if so, turn it up full and see if your stutter goes away.

Shot in the dark, but worth a look...
Old 01-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for your replies guys...

I'll go have a play with the frame rates on the DX3R... I vaguely remembered playing around with it, but will confirm.

The torque limiter is on maximum. The stutter occurs even when free revving without a pinion on the motor.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mini Rage Hesitates???

I have an RC18t I race on carpet.

1400 Mh battery (Deans connectors)
6900 Kv motor (Tekin)
12T pinion
55T spur
Tires @ 47mm (Foam)
Current limiter OFF
Timing @ 15
Throttle Linear
Drag brake 10

The truck is fast, much faster then same setup using "OTHER" brushless system. Even had a Tekin sponsored driver for the mini class tell me the truck is fast. The only concern is sometime when I squeeze hard on the throttle the truck hesitates for a second. Even if the truck is still rolling say at 1/3 throttle then squeeze hard it'll stumble. This will even happen with no load on truck. I've tried changing the wires on the ESC and I made my own battery pack and used 16 gauge wire and good quality tabs. Have also tried a stock battery. I just can't seem to figure out the problem because it don't do it on every squeeze. Sometimes it'll take off like a rocket, sometimes it don't.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Biggest thing I usually find is that the motor wires aren't sufficient . Make doubly sure that the connections are good and it does help making the motor wires equal length. These motor wires are also the "sensor wires" if you will and having one off from the others isn't optimal.

Also, the less connections the better. If you can direct solder it helps.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Has anyone had a problem with their computer not recognizing the Hotwire being plugged in?

I had installed the software on my netbook, and then plugged in the hotwire, and did not get the "hardware found" message from XP. Tried using my desktop, and got the same result. When plugged in, the first indicator lights up green, and the rest are a barely lit red. Plugging in the RS esc, causes the NW led to light up, although rapidly flashing, and the led on the hotwire flashes as well.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Well, It seems that the case was interfering with the mini usb plug, not allowing it to be fully plugged in...... Thanks goes to Fred B. for spotting that!!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I couldn't find this info elsewhere so I'll ask here - what would be a good starting ratio for a tekin 10.5 motor in a touring car, rubber tyres on a med grip track which is fairly large and has too good length straights?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Team Tekin forums are down
Old 02-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vazzo
Team Tekin forums are down
Yes, as is the home page etc

We hope to get it working asap, hang in there guys!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

I am try to send the info to Randy to get a copy of the latest software for my hotwire (189).

Any how I kept getting an error from tekin mail server.

This from my work email.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
The recipient's e-mail address is invalid. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

[email protected]
The recipient's e-mail address is invalid. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: mail.teamtekin.com, teamtekin.com.

And this from my Yahoo account.
<[email protected]>:
No MX or A records for teamtekin.com

<[email protected]>:
No MX or A records for mail.teamtekin.com

Anyone is having a rough time sending an email to Tekin? Perhaps Tekin security information system is setting way too high.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Maybe he has you on his blocked list! I can send and receive email from him just fine with my Verizon account.

Originally Posted by komkit
I am try to send the info to Randy to get a copy of the latest software for my hotwire (189).

This from my work email.

Anyone is having a rough time sending an email to Tekin? Perhaps Tekin security information system is setting way too high.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarryN
Maybe he has you on his blocked list! I can send and receive email from him just fine with my Verizon account.

When was the last time you tried? I will try it again.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

When was the last time you tried? I will try it again.
Komkit,

PM me your email address. I'll send it to you.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
Has anyone had a problem with their computer not recognizing the Hotwire being plugged in?

I had installed the software on my netbook, and then plugged in the hotwire, and did not get the "hardware found" message from XP. Tried using my desktop, and got the same result. When plugged in, the first indicator lights up green, and the rest are a barely lit red. Plugging in the RS esc, causes the NW led to light up, although rapidly flashing, and the led on the hotwire flashes as well.
I just picked up a hotwire and having a similar issue. At first when I plugged in the hotwire, XP would recognize the hotwire being plugged in. The same lights would light up as what you were getting. After XP was done trying to install the wrong drivers, I would get unknown device messages. I did what the PDF file said to do about this with going into device manager and uninstalling the drivers and then installing them yourself. When I did this, XP would still install the wrong stuff when I plugged in the Hotwire. After a few tries with the same results each time, now when I plug in the Hotwire the computer does not recognize it. I get no green light and only the 5 red lights are lit dimly, even the light on the ESC does not light. I do know that the USB cable it working correctly because I have plugged in my PSP into it and that worked just fine.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This from my work email.

if you want to drop me an email, I will forward you on 189 later today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.