Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CanadianNascar
I was checking there, but part #TLR03000 comes up "not in stock"
But hobby shop in Markham had them in stock, Pinnacle Hobbies.
I preordered mine through GH in P.E.I. And they told me friday night when i was in there that they are receiving them in either Wed or Thurs this week.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 2low4u
I preordered mine through GH in P.E.I. And they told me friday night when i was in there that they are receiving them in either Wed or Thurs this week.
Our LHS
"The Hobby Shoppe " in Orangeville his Horizon acct went "in stock" on the weekend or friday.
He ordered sunday we expect them thursday he is getting two for us not any for stock.
you can call him if u want at 519- 938-2700 Owner is John
open tomorrow at 10 EST
surprised GH or Hobby Hobby hasnt got them yet they are HCP stores i think
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekinACE
Grandturk Do you like your schuurspeed? Gona buy a motor not sure what yet.
Haha, I got your TLR 22

A buddy and i bought it from Kurt...thats a nice 22!

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
i dont really remember there being o-rings... theres a washer / spacer for the center diff
yup, they are clear o-rings(2 per diff)

Originally Posted by jmc5313
Hacker or casper...I am assembling the front diff when i bolt the case halves together i get a tight spot when i rotate the pinion...when its totally loose no tight spot..when half tight it is a slight tight spot...any suggestions....
Mine did the same thing but it was becuz of the bearings like casper suggested

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I'm running the spek. 6040 as well and I picked up a 23t aluminum arm for it but it doesn't fit, what saver and arm are you running
yes, that is the horn for the 6040 but it goes on hard and i run the alum one from the 22's

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1555
Old 03-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xxfile
Our LHS
"The Hobby Shoppe " in Orangeville his Horizon acct went "in stock" on the weekend or friday.
He ordered sunday we expect them thursday he is getting two for us not any for stock.
you can call him if u want at 519- 938-2700 Owner is John
open tomorrow at 10 EST
surprised GH or Hobby Hobby hasnt got them yet they are HCP stores i think
Thanks anyways, I'm gonna wait for mine to arrive since i Can't use it for a bit yet since we still have snow on the ground and more on the way for Wed here.
The outdoor season for our club doesn't start till late April early May.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Dude- I know you have been a loyal customer and we apprecaite the support but this was not the business model and TLR had worked hard to have prompt parts support with kit releases. There was a hiccup with this release and the parts were not shipped with the kit. TLR I is working hard to get the parts here as soon as they can get them out there. There is nothing devious going on here and they are not trying to screw the end user and force them to get a kit instead of buying upgrade parts. The business model is to sell kits and parts. They make more money on parts then do on kits so you tell me. Which why would they rather you buy stuff. Peice it together or buy a kit? I understand you are frustrated and we all want you to have your parts so you can upgrade you truck but give it a rest!
..I will take Your word that this is not the case.Ryan has responded a few times to the parts question but not really given an answer as to why or where they are.I am a big kid who races toy cars and am very jealous to those that get to play now. For me to buy a whole new kit with the stash of spares I have would not be feasible. Put your self in my shoes,How would You feel??? My 1.0 still hits the podium at my little track but just seeing those 2.0`s is killing me LOL.. REST GIVEN......................................
Old 03-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ride Height

I am new to 4x4 and have set ride height to suggested 26mm 25mm and this thing is low! My 2wd scat are at 30 something
Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default New to the game....

First off thanks to hacker and casper and everyone else that responded!!!... second my story...i got into hobby a year and a half ago so i am relatively new but have built a sc10 4x4 from a kit....which is why i am now building a TLR kit!!!! I raced a winter indoor series and got my a$$ handed to me all season long by Losi 's!!!! So... i know have a 2.0 which i plan on running my LRP esc with my Reedy sonic 550 and a savox 1258 servo...i run in the summer on a very loose outdoor track...we have a decent sized straight with a very tight infield...so i need a basic setup for max traction and max steering...i dont have any experience with center diff trucks so any advice would be appreciated....also im only on page 28is on this forum....sooo...are there any more common build problems or changes?? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Roken
I am new to 4x4 and have set ride height to suggested 26mm 25mm and this thing is low! My 2wd scat are at 30 something

That ride height is to low on my 1.0 i think on carpet with big jumps. Yea i think it should be higher it is low than especially on a big outdoor track or indoor with bigger jumps.

Its a driver thing also so it doesnt work for everybody.

A guy i race with indoor has his Front ride height i believe at 27mm in his 2.0 SCTE not sure on the rear but the arms are leveled like my.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Haha, I got your TLR 22
yes, that is the horn for the 6040 but it goes on hard and i run the alum one from the 22's
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdID=TLR1555
Thanks man I'll see if any hobbyshops around here got it if not I'll order it online, so just use some force and it'll pop on?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ya, key word "SOME" force as i woudnt force it down as you could damage the servo by pushing down to hard but mine was a tight fit and i myself wondered if it was right but just worked it down with minimal force
Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the input on the aluminum horn I will probably go with one then I run a hitec 7965MG so I should be OK. Thanks for the quick response. This is my first Losi and the help from you guys is amazing. I raced the Rumble in the Rockies this year with Dustin in my class. Of course it was with a different brand truck but seeing his 2.0 sold me on one immediately it handled so good I have been trying to get the setup he used from him beings we run a similar track setup but so far I haven't figured out how the best way to get a hold of him is. Would you know the setup he used there? When I was checking out his truck he seems to run a stiff front and plush rear on his I would love to get a sheet with these settings.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Sorry 26mm or 25mm ride height Front and Rear is not bad i got mixed up because my Front ride height was at 24mm yea thats to low the rear ride height was with the arms leveled some i assume 25mm.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BmainStar
..I will take Your word that this is not the case.Ryan has responded a few times to the parts question but not really given an answer as to why or where they are.I am a big kid who races toy cars and am very jealous to those that get to play now. For me to buy a whole new kit with the stash of spares I have would not be feasible. Put your self in my shoes,How would You feel??? My 1.0 still hits the podium at my little track but just seeing those 2.0`s is killing me LOL.. REST GIVEN......................................
Oh Oh, what happens to us who have 2's and are racing at our tracks and break something? Which = did not finish. Better stock the shelves. And keep B main from complaining!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=TCCustoms;11945644]Haha, I got your TLR 22

A buddy and i bought it from Kurt...thats a nice 22!

Cool glad you like it. I have a bunch of tires for it like new will sell.

Got a schuurspeed 4300kv,Found a used RX8,and a servo ordered and the boy will be rockin. Hope to have it goin by the TLR shootout at dirtburners.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone know the part number for the 4-40 mini nuts we use on the top of the shock shafts to hold the piston on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.