GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:58 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just use the 43/13 it the same as the DM1 Spec. that what we all run.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default NIB IGT2 with Mclaren body FS

Inferno fans I started reading this thread in preparation for my new IGT2 build. However, it does not look like I'll be running it any time soon so I thought one of you guys might be interested in it.

The kit is the RTR version and will include everything Kyosho sends you with it from the factory. It has the, now, rare Mclaren body on it. I'd like to get $390 for it shipped in the US. I will be posting pictures later today. For those that are interested please pm me with questions or email requests.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
OK, I got a really good response from you guys on the DeltaPlastik bodies. I didn't realize that many guys still run the GT1 chassis.

Below is the minimum needed to get the order placed and to offer you guys the best price. Please understand that I have to order these directly from Italy, the exchange rate changes daily, I have to pay for really high shipping, and also pay for the bank transfer.

What I will do is add these to the website as a special order item. I will need 10 bodies ordered before I will order from them.

Bodies are $55 each and the wings are $5 each. This price is for the thick body option, and includes shipping to you (lower 48 only) If you need it shipped elsewhere, then contact me for shipping price.

My suggestion is to order 2 bodies, because that will fill the 10 minimum quicker, and also, it takes several weeks for these to come in, as the language barrier is horrific, bank transfer takes days, and then the cheapest shipping is also the slowest.

You must order a body to order a wing. I will not order just a wing for someone, but I will order multiple wings for you if you just order one body.

PM me with what body/bodies you would like to order, and I will add it to the website so you can order it.
Originally Posted by hakmazter
I have 8 of the Deltaplastik Subaru bodies that are 1.5mm thick here at casterusa if anyone wants that particular one. Just contact me.

We were planning on doing electric ones, but there wasn't much interest. We also have the rally wheels and tires available.
Am I understanding correctly - the Deltaplastic bodies are for GT 1 only????? NONE of them fit the GT2???

Hak: IF we're not sure on the length I can bring my GT 2 with me - I'm going to be in meetings in Des M all next week and I actually could come up a bit early on Monday to meet with you.

Let me know either by PM or here or ChrisKov47 AT gmail DOT com
Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Deltaplastik bodies only fit GT1 length chassis.

They do have two bodies listed under "GT2", but I do not have any info on them.

http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...at2=11&cat3=63
Old 10-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Could anyone suggest a good body for my Jammin on-road conversion? The Jammin X2 wheelbase is 327mm +/- 2.5mm (depending on how you place spacers on the rear hubs.)

Seems like the IGT2 bodies are too long, but the IGT1 bodies are close enough to work? Otherwise it looks like the Protoform PF8-GT body is close to same wheelbase, but it would be nice to have a few other options. Maybe even a rally style like the Subaru Impreza.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Could anyone suggest a good body for my Jammin on-road conversion? The Jammin X2 wheelbase is 327mm +/- 2.5mm (depending on how you place spacers on the rear hubs.)

Seems like the IGT2 bodies are too long, but the IGT1 bodies are close enough to work? Otherwise it looks like the Protoform PF8-GT body is close to same wheelbase, but it would be nice to have a few other options. Maybe even a rally style like the Subaru Impreza.

Any body made for the GT1 will fit your car.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Excellent, I think I am going to go for the Subaru or Aston Martin
Old 10-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

A picture is worth a thousand words
Old 10-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Awesome looking body, definitely have to consider that too, thanks Jspeed.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, you'll be glad you did too!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by simplechamp

The Ipanema Warrior is a great choice I have it and it works very very well.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

I agree with Jneg, I use to run a Farrari. I tried the Warrior and lap times dropped. Then made some tuning adjustments and dropped lap time a little more. You shouldn't be disappointed with the body if you try it. I run a GT1.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bassman2
Just got back from the Paris Memorial race in Las Vegas, Nevada. The track was sprayed with VHT before the start of qualifiers. The entire weekend air temp was around 50s in the morning and high 70s around early afternoon. For the 1st two qualifiers I tried GT 45 slicks in the front and EXP 50 slicks in the rear. Overall the car had plenty of traction but the front was pushing slightly after couple of minutes on the track. For the 3rd qualifier I switched to EXP 50 slicks all around and I noticed great traction all around and felt my car was coming out of the corner much faster. I was on a new TQ pace until someone had slammed into me, after this round of qualifier I realized what tires I'll need for the A-Main. In an effort of saving my EXP 50 slicks for the A-Main I went ahead and changed tires to GT 45 treaded and GT 45 slicks in the front for 4th round of qualifier. The car handled great for the first 3 minutes but started to push again. Gus Wood was using the EXP 50 slicks all around for the 4th qualifying round and he was able to set a new TQ (great job Gus). Before the main I switched back to EXP 50 all around. During the A-main many leads were exchanged during the first 10 minutes of the race between myself and Gus Wood(another great Sweep sponsor driver). Unfortunately Gus and I were accidently tangled and the crash caused him to side line(sorry again Gus ). The EXP 50 slicks held up for the entire 20 minutes of the main with no sign of over heat, traction was amazing and the compound was very consistant throughout the entire main unlike some of other brand of tires in the main. As result, I've took home the 1st place win at 10th annual Paris Memorial Race of 2010. Great job on the EXP 50s guys. Keep up the good work!!!!!! My GT Body was from BYSM, SM 1 Carrozzeria. Here are some photos:

From the left: Gus Wood(Top Qualifier), Andy Liu(1st place)

Good Job guys.

the winner's choice EXP GT50 should be ready to ship by end of today for both dealers and retail customers, place your order today to race on this weekend.

have a good week!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Good Job guys.

the winner's choice EXP GT50 should be ready to ship by end of today for both dealers and retail customers, place your order today to race on this weekend.

have a good week!
Sweet! I am already out of the last batch you sent. I'll send you an email.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone heard any updates on ROAR setting up this class for rules. It has been an issue every time we go anywhere to race this class. No two tracks have the same rules and most of the rules in place are not good. I have yet to see any weight restrictions for these classes except here in Utah. The spec class has so many engine options it's crazy. I have been racing this class of car for six years now and still no set rules. Please step up roar and make this uniform for all of our sakes. We need rules in place to make this class grow. Belt drives, shaft drives , weight , engines, length, wing height, openings. Nothing has been set in stone and it's time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.