Wiki Posts
Search

rc onboard cameras

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default rc onboard cameras

has anyone used this camera http://www.nitrorcx.com/wosmlora24gh.html , or can anyone tell me about a good wireless camera that dosent cost lots of $$$$$
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

On Neobuggy.net there is some great footage of the Kyosho race in in Japan or France (I think) that has a buggy using an on-board camera. If you could find out what camera that is you'ld be set.

Actually, until rc racing has good camera footage and post race editing like other motor sports it'll never get a tv audience and the money to become a true racing sport.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
On Neobuggy.net there is some great footage of the Kyosho race in in Japan or France (I think) that has a buggy using an on-board camera. If you could find out what camera that is you'ld be set.

Actually, until rc racing has good camera footage and post race editing like other motor sports it'll never get a tv audience and the money to become a true racing sport.
I posted something similar to your thoughts on RC10B4 awhile back
Old 09-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

One of my crazy friend tight his handphone at the front of his offroad and bashing around....He really crazy but I not sure how fast he is bashing it.....
Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

i've seen some footage and after watching for a couple of minutes, it was kinda disorienting and made me feel a bit dizzy... if onboard cam have stabilizers or hooked up unto a stabilizer system, i'd watch again.
if not, i'll pass...
Old 09-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can buy helmet cams for skateboarding for about £50. you just put in an SD card, press record and drive off. i think if you put in a 2gb card you get 2 hours of footage.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i've seen some footage and after watching for a couple of minutes, it was kinda disorienting and made me feel a bit dizzy... if onboard cam have stabilizers or hooked up unto a stabilizer system, i'd watch again.
if not, i'll pass...
The footage I saw was at the Kyosho race in France. It was great and must've used a stabilized camera because it was very easy to watch.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

can someone post some links or something so i can see wat ya'll are talking about, cuz i dont know where to find this stuff
Old 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here's a video I made a few years ago with a small wireless camera on my BK2.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=61083
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

thats a cool video thanks for sharing
Old 09-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Camera

Just saw one just like the one you listed or very similar on Ebay foy 47.50 delivered.

Chuck
Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jatoman1992
has anyone used this camera http://www.nitrorcx.com/wosmlora24gh.html , or can anyone tell me about a good wireless camera that dosent cost lots of $$$$$
my camra always fall off wene i get at a high speed and thene the cars runs over it lol and im like wtf mate
Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

About 6 years ago a guy at my local track had a camera on the roof of a Mugen with a transmitter that sent the video to a receiver on the drivers stand. He then pluged a set of VR goggles to the receiever. You could drive the car with the goggles on but you had to sit down because if you did not you would fall down. I drove the car for about 3 minutes before I had to stop because I thought I was going to barf because of motion sickness (I don't get motion sickness not on a roller coaster or the ocean, no where). It was very hard to drive without periferal (sp?) vision. I kept turning too soon at the corners & hitting the pipes.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

if i knew how to do that i would do it no matter how much $$$$$
Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
About 6 years ago a guy at my local track had a camera on the roof of a Mugen with a transmitter that sent the video to a receiver on the drivers stand. He then pluged a set of VR goggles to the receiever. You could drive the car with the goggles on but you had to sit down because if you did not you would fall down. I drove the car for about 3 minutes before I had to stop because I thought I was going to barf because of motion sickness (I don't get motion sickness not on a roller coaster or the ocean, no where). It was very hard to drive without periferal (sp?) vision. I kept turning too soon at the corners & hitting the pipes.
lol i dont get motion sick on any of those either, but playing half life 2 makes me feel crap. i love it though. i reckon they do it so you have to take a break every 30 mins.