novarossi 367 plus 2 engine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi 367 plus 2 engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Yup break in is key.If you race tune this engine before at least a gallon it will not last.The heatgun is your friend....Go techs are the same way.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Hmmm

I've broken in alot of engines over the years, but I can see your point. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, but I will tell you what. Ive never had trouble breaking in an engine. I take great care in that process, and I know what I'm doing, but the 367 is the only engine I've ever had that was so difficult to deal with. In that reguard I don't like it, I would rather own a P5. the 367 requires too much work. Changing bearings, and so on...

I will agree that I over reved it before a gallon though, so you guys can be right....It's like it sounded ready to go a little early on in the break in. Due to the high rpm's....Good call......

I'm usually the one that is right. But I don't work on engines either so thanks for your input.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My question is this. I just sent my piston and sleeve in to get pinched. After getting it back I can't remember what shims if any did I take out. I run 30%. I have two gold shims and one silver one setting on my work bench but can't remember if they came out my Nova 367 plus 2 or not. I need help please. What are yall running for shims using 30% and what type of plug. Nova plugs or OS.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by totally losi
My question is this. I just sent my piston and sleeve in to get pinched. After getting it back I can't remember what shims if any did I take out. I run 30%. I have two gold shims and one silver one setting on my work bench but can't remember if they came out my Nova 367 plus 2 or not. I need help please. What are yall running for shims using 30% and what type of plug. Nova plugs or OS.
with fresh resize you should have .80mm , after it loses a little drop down to .70mm .
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Got two of these available for 230$ each if you want one