Wiki Posts
Search

300 for a .21 What are you buying

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default engine

you can get an OS .21 VSPEC on ebay for 240. shipped. I got mine on there and never had problem. I race with those..
Old 05-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
I totally understand. I am a former ASE certified auto mechanic and I adjust timing by ear and have a torque wrench in my wrist, not. Sometimes the difference between a professional mechanic and a shade tree mechanic is more than just the shadetree. Professional mechanics will use the latest and greatest tools available to perfect the art of their craft, atleast thats how I did it.
I didn't say I don't use on board diagnostics. My laptop has a program on it that allows me to monitor A/F ratio, EGT, IAT etc.... I use this as my basis for most of my tuning. But I still also use the old school route of pulling the plugs and reading them. Another thing you gotta remember is most of the motors i work on are carburated. So there for I don't have all the sensors and other electronics to get information off of. I just know that on a dyno I cant recreate real world conditions like I can on the water.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by German Muscle
lemme find the X-Dyno info for ya.
How does a dyno work?

im assuming the spec 3 is better than the spec 2 and 1?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Who really cares which motor is fastest bolt it in and go race, I bet most people in this forum would be just as quick with an axe sport engine (or any other sport engine) then your top or the range maximo modified [insert quick engine here] engine
Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by German Muscle
which 21+ block? 5 or 7? Also what rod? 821b? i can source everything except the 821B parts i think.
BTW its not my dyno but its a friends that i have access to. Hes already dyno'd the NR 421B and S821B.
the only blocks that are different are the k blocks and the 367 block . rod doesnt really matter but the r7 rod is the new one .
monty