Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jerem
Hi guys,

Having troubles with my SP Reventon Pro 1.1

Lost connection during a firmware update and then always display messages "Update Failed" followed by "Reventon only can update firmware".

I tried to re-update the card, same result.
And the same in Safe Mode too.

Any idea to flash it ?

Thanks,

Jerem'
Hi, anyone have any advices to help me bring back to life my Reventon please ?
Thanks !
Old 09-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think I can add any timing right now because my motor gets up to around 160 degrees and I'm running a 4s 2700mah.
-4s battery! Wow! ...yeah, 160-170 is as hot as I like to go too.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

21.5 and 10.5 V4 Speed Passion Competition motor are now ROAR approved. Full line of V4 Speed Passion motor and option rotors are now ROAR approved and IFMAR approved.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default V4 spec all approved and in stock

Attached Thumbnails The Speed Passion Thread-speedpassion10_5.jpg   The Speed Passion Thread-speedpassion21_5.jpg  
Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey!

Just got a new esc and motor ( Reventon pro 1.1 + 17.5 MMM), will be running blinky and wonder if anyone has a good setup for it? How much motortiming shall i have?

is going to run on small tracks (carpet) and fdr will be around 4.5.

//Marcus
Old 09-24-2015, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl
Hey!

Just got a new esc and motor ( Reventon pro 1.1 + 17.5 MMM), will be running blinky and wonder if anyone has a good setup for it? How much motortiming shall i have?

is going to run on small tracks (carpet) and fdr will be around 4.5.

//Marcus
I'd start with the default setting for blinky/stock on the ESC. For the motor I would start in the middle with timing and work your way up. On a smaller track you might not need more than the max available timing in the motor.

If you want to experiment with even higher timing take a look at the yellow and blue sensor boards. Be careful when throwing more timing at your setup. Always check motor temps as you go up in timing and gearing.

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/search....timing&Search=
Old 09-24-2015, 05:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nexus
I'd start with the default setting for blinky/stock on the ESC. For the motor I would start in the middle with timing and work your way up. On a smaller track you might not need more than the max available timing in the motor.

If you want to experiment with even higher timing take a look at the yellow and blue sensor boards. Be careful when throwing more timing at your setup. Always check motor temps as you go up in timing and gearing.

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/search....timing&Search=
Tnx!
Old 10-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just installed my new Reventon pro 1.1 but the heatsink fan won't start. Is it supposed to start immediately?
Old 10-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any tips for improving the brakes on the Reventon R? Bought one for my Sakura sport to run in 21.5 and its brakes are very weak. Set to 100% in the programming and 100% on my radio but they just don't have much bite, they work but not very well. Tried them with both a speed passion 21.5 and a Hobbywing 21.5, the Hobbywing was a fraction better but both times the car was not stopping that well and unless I touch the throttle they don't work at all (like if I just put it on the ground and push it along the brakes will not engage unless I have accelerated first with the ESC).
I want to move up to Superstock soon but the brakes would not be safe to run this class with.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Dob
Tech Addict

I have a reventon pro that I smoked ( all my fault ). I have been trying to get it repaired/replaced. Anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks guys
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dob
I have a reventon pro that I smoked ( all my fault ). I have been trying to get it repaired/replaced. Anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks guys
You can try to contact shop.speedpowerrc.com or speedpassion.kayako.com/Core/Default/Index or www.kinggolden-rc.com/contact.asp

Good luck I have been waiting since 9/28 for a response from any.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MPisterzi
You can try to contact shop.speedpowerrc.com or speedpassion.kayako.com/Core/Default/Index or www.kinggolden-rc.com/contact.asp

Good luck I have been waiting since 9/28 for a response from any.
I tried all the above. Speed passion site won't let me register for an RMA. I tried Facebook and was in touch with someone, but then they disappeared and haven't told me where to send my Info. Have a few others emails out, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. It's a shame really.

On a side note, whats this Carrera 3 transmitter talk all about? Has anything other than the quick mention of it on the site about allowing esc changes from the Tx been brought public?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all!

I just bought Speed Passion Reventon S+10.5T combo to my Sakura D4 drifter.
So far its great, but it seems that theres some kind of "turbo boost" active, as my throttle reaches approx. 60%, the car gets like a 1000 horsepowers more.
Thats quite annoying with a drifter as it makes the controlling the car impossible.
Is there some kind of turbo boost or is my radio settings wrong??
I have calibrated the esc according to instructions. I have the program card but i didnt see any part where i can disable that stupid turbo boost.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Henkka77
Hi all!

I just bought Speed Passion Reventon S+10.5T combo to my Sakura D4 drifter.
So far its great, but it seems that theres some kind of "turbo boost" active, as my throttle reaches approx. 60%, the car gets like a 1000 horsepowers more.
Thats quite annoying with a drifter as it makes the controlling the car impossible.
Is there some kind of turbo boost or is my radio settings wrong??
I have calibrated the esc according to instructions. I have the program card but i didnt see any part where i can disable that stupid turbo boost.

Thanks.
Do you know what profile you are running in the ESC? Download the Speed Passion software to your PC and connect everything up per instructions. Maybe you have Hybid Boost or something activated.

On a separate note: "race20" coupon code will save everyone some money on shop.speedpowerrc.com
Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

I picked up a reventon pro 1.1 esc. Wondering what update I need to download in order to open up the reverse settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.