Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i dont know if anyone is interested but i have a really nice C-1 FTE buggy with parts, i would let go for $50 + shipping to the lower 48 states ONLY! PM me if interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...x-c-1-fte.html
Old 10-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Cen Racing Out of Business

Here is my latest information I came up with on CEN racing, I contacted the better business bureau of Los Angeles, California about Cen Racing.They informed me that there were many complaints about the business.This information verified the complaints that are on the BBB internet site.After telling the customer service of the many problems and not answering phone calls or emails, she did some research for me and informed that the Business was closed.
So I continued to do more research with the local authorities in Pomona, California.Contacted the City Licensing Dept they had informed me that CEN Racing never applied for a business or a occupation license,she also informed me the address 1146 East Holt,Pomona California address that CEN racing was using was a small group of offices and small storage buildings. She informed me the last known business at this location was a Print Shop/mail box facilities,Her gut feeling was CEN racing using this address as their business location. The phone number 909-868-9054 CEN was using actually belonged to Susana Guzman her address was 1179 E Pasadena Street,Pomona California. I checked yeaterday again yeasterday all phone numbers have been disconnected and of course all e-mails are not answered.I am a dealer from Kansas and I lost a very large order with them. One of my suppliers from Irvine California had informed me that Cen had been running a very shady operation for some time.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for that information. I was a CEN Dealer also, in Canada. I only lost about $50 so I feel lucky. I knew something was funny about CEN for a year or so now, so I refused to order any vehicles. I only tried to get parts to help out the customers who had the kits already. So it looks like it is official:
CEN is GONE FOREVER.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

VERY cheesy way to go out of business and leave loyal customers hanging imho
Old 10-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MadRussian
VERY cheesy way to go out of business and leave loyal customers hanging imho
That's what I thought too, Paul. Even worse, they took some customer's money when they went out too.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Awesome so I just lost about +/- $130 in parts that I had ordered in the past few months and paypal won't help out jack squat.
(already tried to put in a claim)

What irks me the most about this whole deal is I originally just wanted oem parts from them. Got sold on the upgrades because the originals were on back order. The upgrades broke other parts, ordered upgrades for those broken parts and guess what? they were on back order too. Now this truck can possibly become completely useless.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Who was in charge at CEN ?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Integra
Who was in charge at CEN ?

No idea I only ever dealt with one guy.

The thing I remember about Cen when talking to them was that Cen was being run under another company called Nitro hobbies inc. I went back to my paypal account and looked up my orders and sure enough Nitro hobbies inc DBA Cen racing (DBA means doing business as)
I believe he was saying that Cen was bought out by some company a year or two ago and that this company had recently bought Cen and was taking over. Who knows now it really doesnt matter i guess.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Iirc they were owned by Genka Trading Company?
http://www.manta.com/c/mm2lqq5/genka-trading-corp
Old 10-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

From my experience, CENCHAIN Corp. was the factory in Taiwan. Genka Trading Corporation, who I bought the stuff from, was the Distributor division. This was supposedly owned by Ken who's Father owned the CENCHAIN Corp. Ken sold Genka Trading and things went downhill from there. (Not that it was perfect before). I am not saying I have proof of any of this, it's just what I was told by some former CEN employees.
It was last called CEN Racing America. These guys were going to bring CEN back with lots of new products. Their problem was, they had already lost the trust of any past customers/Dealers and this "New Stuff" was only the old stuff with a few parts changed. They told me they had redesigned the Matrix buggy from scratch. Then why were 75% of the old parts the same.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I assume CEN is out of business.

Just sharing my experience with CEN.Last June, my pull starter broke, so I called CEN and talked to their salseman by the name of Rick. He took my credit card number and charged me about 75.00 for a rotostart kit, and a small piece of brake linkage. After a few weeks, no parts-call Rick. Rick says all is well, we just had a snag in customs with our parts, but here I'll throw in a couple of glowplugs to smooth things over! Ok, a couple more weeks, no parts-call Rick. Rick says all is well I promise I will mail that out to ya today, and for your trouble, I'm throwing in a free reverse kit!Ok, a couple more weeks and no parts-call Rick. Ooops! voicemail box is full!! No email replies! No more Rick or CEN! Its now late October, and I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say CEN isnt gonna refund my money or get me my parts, and theyre out of business. So, if anybody can tell me a phone number to get ahold of these clowns, I'd love to have it. Otherwise, the only recourse I have is to attack their videos on you tube and warn anybody I can about these thieves.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Rookie

I had similar expreiences to the last post by Rickellen.

I got a CEN Magnum a couple of years ago when I was in Oman. One of the big reasons I chose CEN was that it seemed to be a good US based brand unlike the Chinese brand available in Oman.

I had a few engine problems about a year ago not long before I left Oman. I sent the engine back to CEN. but nothing from them. When I called I was told they received the engine and there were parts expected very shortly. When I called back a while later all I got was a voice mail box and the message the mailbox was full, now the phone is disconnected.

I see from previous posts they have gone bust. Now I have a Magnum with no engine and I guess I will never be able to get the old engine back either.

My query is two fold.

Has anyone got an engine for sale??

What other engines could I use??

Or is this one to put down to bad experience and start again, if so with what?

I live out in the country in the Philippines so my choices are very limited.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rickellan
Just sharing my experience with CEN.Last June, my pull starter broke, so I called CEN and talked to their salseman by the name of Rick. He took my credit card number and charged me about 75.00 for a rotostart kit, and a small piece of brake linkage. After a few weeks, no parts-call Rick. Rick says all is well, we just had a snag in customs with our parts, but here I'll throw in a couple of glowplugs to smooth things over! Ok, a couple more weeks, no parts-call Rick. Rick says all is well I promise I will mail that out to ya today, and for your trouble, I'm throwing in a free reverse kit!Ok, a couple more weeks and no parts-call Rick. Ooops! voicemail box is full!! No email replies! No more Rick or CEN! Its now late October, and I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say CEN isnt gonna refund my money or get me my parts, and theyre out of business. So, if anybody can tell me a phone number to get ahold of these clowns, I'd love to have it. Otherwise, the only recourse I have is to attack their videos on you tube and warn anybody I can about these thieves.
I wouldn't waste the effort to try to warn people. CEN is gone, they are not going to rip off anyone else, you can't even get them on the phone anymore. I guess if they ever try to "show up" again, it would be good for people to know that they should stay away.
That "Rick" (Actually Enriquais or something like that) was a smooth talker wasn't he. He even fooled me, for a few days, into thinking they were getting things rolling again. After about 3 or 4 phone conversations of the same "The parts are held in customs", I figured things out.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA
I wouldn't waste the effort to try to warn people. CEN is gone, they are not going to rip off anyone else, you can't even get them on the phone anymore. I guess if they ever try to "show up" again, it would be good for people to know that they should stay away.
That "Rick" (Actually Enriquais or something like that) was a smooth talker wasn't he. He even fooled me, for a few days, into thinking they were getting things rolling again. After about 3 or 4 phone conversations of the same "The parts are held in customs", I figured things out.
Fooled me too with the same excuses. I've ordered more than a few things overseas and never had this many issues or excuses about customs. Does it get stuck there? yes it does but it doesnt sit there for this long. oh well hopefully you can get me that gear I need so I can get my truck on the road and beat it to a bloody pulp before possible using it as moving target practice with my new paintball gun
Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Rookie

I have had notification from Cen that the brand is still alive and well and wont be disappearing Ken will still be distributing cen products. If i were you i would contact Ken at [email protected] or on skype his user name is foreverlastingdream unfortunately he does take alittle bit of time to get an answer. As for the new guys that were doing Cen in the states yes they have closed their doors as i spoke with them about a week ago, I asked about existing stock they had and orders that were paid in the system but i couldnt get any answers on this which was no big surprise, so it looks like those people that had paid up have lost their money unless paid through pay pal they can make a claim. Remember its not up to Ken to give you refunds or send you free parts its out of his control that the Distributor went bust. If you are a dealer, I'm sure ken will be happy to hear from you to get product moving again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.