Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diffdude
Nova F1 Racer,
You are using to fine sandpaper. I recommend using 600 wet/dry only. You are actually making them so smooth they will not grip the diff balls. To get the diff locked you have to tighten the diff nut to much and risk damaging the balls or rings. Using the 600 only gives the diff balls something to grip so you don't have to over tighten the diff nut. The radius of a 1/8th diff ball cannot fell the scratches made by 600 grit sandpaper. A properly prepared diff will not slip but when the spur gear is held the wheels will spin freely in the opposit directions. Try it.

Dave "DiffDude" Irrgang
I've found that using a little less lube that the it grabs just fine and lasts a longer. The diff nut is snug, not over tighten.... And smooth...

BTW, the "special oil" I use is from an old machinest that gave me a gallon back in 1969..... It has mercury in it before it was outlawed... I've got less than a cup left....
Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey
set up talk here:
Ran it yesterday, pink rear , lilac front, 5 k lube in tubes, and kingpins, thick side plates, 4 mm front, 3.5 mm rear ride height, Parma speed 8 med grip carpet, 10.5 brushless geared at 59mm rollout, 2o frn spring, silver center shock, 1 deg camber, split spacer for castor. car was nice, consistent, seemed to push a bit mid cornor and off the corner,

Please share some setups so we can compare, I am only one so far in the area running it on carpet, Nova is runnin his on asphalt

btw cant slam the body too much with the BL motor tabs hittin the body

What up Casey? I will be at Mimi's this weekend with my DB12R as I am in the process of building it right now for Saturday. You gonna be there this weekend? Wade ordered a car too...don't think he will get it in time to build but it's quickly looking like 12th scale will be going strong this winter at Mimi's.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Craig wasup bro,

Man wait till ya try this car, this car is the Killa on carpet and asphalt you will be very impressed.

Originally Posted by CraigX
What up Casey? I will be at Mimi's this weekend with my DB12R as I am in the process of building it right now for Saturday. You gonna be there this weekend? Wade ordered a car too...don't think he will get it in time to build but it's quickly looking like 12th scale will be going strong this winter at Mimi's.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

As far as the center- out push, i have noticed a few guys have posted about it, and i have had some issues with it as well, especially in mod. I noticed moving the battery forward was a big help to me. If I remember right, I went 2 scew holes in the battery adjuster forward, more of a mid location than all the way forward.
I think having the weight over the front end more is a bigger advantage on power (at the end of a corner) than trying to get the car to pendulum with the weight in the back. Your mileage may vary

Also, to the BMi crew, thanks for getting my order out. I needed it for the weekend, and I got it today.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey Craig, going to Orlando in the morning, but i'll b back next week
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

thanks to all, i was trying to get everyone to post their set ups, and how they ran, cause when i go to another track, I may want a center offpush, I know how to do that now !!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

casey you dont need no setups. you can drive the wheels off anything hey man have a good trip in orlando. cant wait to come down and ride. if my db12 shows up and i finish it in time i think we can squeeze some racin in too whats up craigx
Old 10-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Casey,

Pretty much what everyone has posted already will help rid the car of the slight on power push. It is nice to have such a good group of people up here to help. There will be a decent amount of DB12R's at blue diamond running this weekend. Its gonna be nice to see all of you guys get to run them.

Craig,

Glad to see the car got there buddy. Let me know if you need anything
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
As far as the center- out push, i have noticed a few guys have posted about it, and i have had some issues with it as well, especially in mod. I noticed moving the battery forward was a big help to me. If I remember right, I went 2 scew holes in the battery adjuster forward, more of a mid location than all the way forward.
I think having the weight over the front end more is a bigger advantage on power (at the end of a corner) than trying to get the car to pendulum with the weight in the back. Your mileage may vary

Also, to the BMi crew, thanks for getting my order out. I needed it for the weekend, and I got it today.

Just a quick read over this post, I agree with the bat placement. I am running on CRC Fast Track II with Jack and I am having some other issues that maybe can get a quick answer. I am getting some traction roll and 3 wheel action (lifting the front inside wheel) for the first minute and a half. I have the suggested yellow/lilac combo, fairly low tire at 1.75 & 1.65. Full sauce on the rear, 1/3 front. Kit set up with bat's centered, servo up in the mounts, 2mm spacer under the front center shock ball stud. Grip is slightly more then med. Tires seem to be the obvious answer which I have not tried yet. I could CA the front outside edge of the tire, but that seems a bit early in the learning of this car. The "power on" feels pretty good, quick transitions feel excellent, placement of the car on a less then smooth track, is excellent. High speed turn in at the center of the turn needs some work - the correct tires to free the car up from binding down too much - seems to be the direction I want to go. Any advice? Tires to try?

Brian: Slapmaster Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

I would go to running the servo flat when the bite gets on the higher side.the bump toe in should relieve some of the excess steering and mellow the car out on entry. Maybe going to 6 degrees of caster also. 40 wt. oil may help quite a bit also to create a little more resistance in the shock helping to keep the car from rolling as much. I try not to glue tires unless it is 100% necesary. I also run my tires at 1.7 rear and 1.625 front for higher bite and a nice radius on the edge. Let me know how it goes. Give me a buzz when you are at the track running and we will get it going the way you like bro
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Just a quick read over this post, I agree with the bat placement. I am running on CRC Fast Track II with Jack and I am having some other issues that maybe can get a quick answer. I am getting some traction roll and 3 wheel action (lifting the front inside wheel) for the first minute and a half. I have the suggested yellow/lilac combo, fairly low tire at 1.75 & 1.65. Full sauce on the rear, 1/3 front. Kit set up with bat's centered, servo up in the mounts, 2mm spacer under the front center shock ball stud. Grip is slightly more then med. Tires seem to be the obvious answer which I have not tried yet. I could CA the front outside edge of the tire, but that seems a bit early in the learning of this car. The "power on" feels pretty good, quick transitions feel excellent, placement of the car on a less then smooth track, is excellent. High speed turn in at the center of the turn needs some work - the correct tires to free the car up from binding down too much - seems to be the direction I want to go. Any advice? Tires to try?

Brian: Slapmaster Tools
I wouldn't be afraid of gluing the tires. You could also try moving some spacers from on top of the upper arm to the bottom. That might kill a bit of the roll over the nose. Also, how wide is your front end?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

huh, Jason would you mind coming to my track to help me getting the car dialed in? It's the other end of the world, but hey, it's still the same planet!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Uga
huh, Jason would you mind coming to my track to help me getting the car dialed in? It's the other end of the world, but hey, it's still the same planet!
LOL !!

Santry, Hey glad to see you and the NYC boys are getting the car, told you it's nice !!

X-
run some yellow rears at Mimi's and let me know how they rotate the rear , and watch out for the bump in the sweeper !! stay close in on the boards

Jason, yes it is a good variety of people !! in a very short time we will have just about every track type and condition nailed down, and be able to pass the setup tips along to everyone !
Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Uga
I will be glad to help but i hate flying
Old 10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Casey
LOL !!

Santry, Hey glad to see you and the NYC boys are getting the car, told you it's nice !!

X-
run some yellow rears at Mimi's and let me know how they rotate the rear , and watch out for the bump in the sweeper !! stay close in on the boards

Jason, yes it is a good variety of people !! in a very short time we will have just about every track type and condition nailed down, and be able to pass the setup tips along to everyone !
Its gonna be a good year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.