Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
car ran great last night..using tommis setup..did add swaybars to that setup.. eric have u ran yours yet or are you waiting for reedy???
I ran my Prototype on carpet but havent ran the production car yet. Reedy will be my first time with it. Waiting on a spool. Where did you run yours at?

EA
Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I ran my Prototype on carpet but havent ran the production car yet. Reedy will be my first time with it. Waiting on a spool. Where did you run yours at?

EA
i ran it at srs in scottsdale AZ, didnt have a spool, but used losi spool pads(sandpaper) no diff balls in front was locked, did have to tighten after 2 runs, wasnt loose but had backed off about a quarter turn, car was very consistent
Old 05-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Rick Howart for helping me out with setups (asphalt/rubber tires). Great work having FT drivers answering questions on a public forum.

I have posted my thoughts on building the car and also my maiden voyage on this website, check it out.

I will also put up pics later today. (mounting a brushless system in NOT an issue with this car!)
Thanks,

Leonard.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Actually i find the pics on the AE site to be just horrible. They could have at least preped the chassis and towers with sandpaper and CA. At first glance it looks like black FRP chassis

Cant wait to see one live
Joel,

I completely disagree, without speaking for AE I would think it is best to show the car built but like you would recieve it. When you open the box we are not going to get prepped shock towers and chassis, so why show it that way. When I get 350.00 saved up, mine will be on the way

Steve
Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The processing AE does on its images is horrific. The "noise" in the images of the TC5 is worse than something you'd see from a cheap camera phone. It's not a problem with the car or how it's prepared, it's just the images almost seem like they're processed to make the car look as old and dull as possible. It's unfortunate, there's a lot to be gained from proper presentation. Here's a picture from AE's TC5 page:

LOL, c'mon. Seriously, guys, buy a digital camera made in the last 30 years, and some free image processing software. :-)
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

i think that is a camera phone haha, spy shot
Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Snydrome,

I hear what you are saying but what I am really concerned with is that they produce a good car which they did with the TC5. I had 2 FT TC3's because I liked that car. I owned 0 TC4's because I did not like that car as much as the Xray's that I bought. Now I am buying a TC5 because I feel that AE is back "BABY"

Good pictures is great, but a better car is BEST.

Steve

PS anyone wanna by a Xray 007
Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Oh I totally agree. The quality of the pictures don't mean a thing, I was just pointing out that the quality of the pictures don't do much to make the car seem exciting.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Team EAM

Hey Guys just an FYI because I am sure someone will ask before long. I just weighed my race ready car as seen in the pics below/above with my race painted REGULAR WEIGHT Protoform Mazda 6 and it weighs 1451 grams or 51.14 oz's. Thats weighed on 3 difference sets of scales with the last ones being my postal scales that are very accurate. That is right at the min weight for 5 cell at the Reedy race and it has a 6 cell in it! They only thing I dont know about is how heavy a BL motor is compared to the 19 turn in it now.

Any more questions feel free to fire away. I am checking tweak and stuff like that now just to get it ready for the race.

EA
Old 05-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Eric how is the instruction manual ?

And i am getting a list together right now of things to order and i was just wondering if you had gotten any spare parts in there actual packaging. If you did is 1 set of wheel base shims enough for the whole car ? What are the arm shims ? And lastly what part number or parts are/is the front one way. Horizon has 2 listed ... a front one way kit and then a front one way hub with bearings. Both are around the same price i would jut like some clearification on those 2 parts if you know.

Also is associated offering shims for availablitly of raising the links out on the rear hub and caster blocks.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Wallstreet, you will want this one 31176. The other one is just the one-way hub. If you get that then you will need to buy the outdrives seperately.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

kraig pm
Old 05-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Guys just an FYI because I am sure someone will ask before long. I just weighed my race ready car as seen in the pics below/above with my race painted REGULAR WEIGHT Protoform Mazda 6 and it weighs 1451 grams or 51.14 oz's. Thats weighed on 3 difference sets of scales with the last ones being my postal scales that are very accurate. That is right at the min weight for 5 cell at the Reedy race and it has a 6 cell in it! They only thing I dont know about is how heavy a BL motor is compared to the 19 turn in it now.

Any more questions feel free to fire away. I am checking tweak and stuff like that now just to get it ready for the race.

EA
Yep! My car with LRP TC Spec ESC, Spektrum RX, Futaba 9550 and Peak B/L motor (4.5t) with Ride Stratus Mk3 body was 1490 grams (with 6 cells - ib4200wce)
Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet

And i am getting a list together right now of things to order and i was just wondering if you had gotten any spare parts in there actual packaging. If you did is 1 set of wheel base shims enough for the whole car ? What are the arm shims ? And lastly what part number or parts are/is the front one way. Horizon has 2 listed ... a front one way kit and then a front one way hub with bearings. Both are around the same price i would jut like some clearification on those 2 parts if you know.

Also is associated offering shims for availablitly of raising the links out on the rear hub and caster blocks.
All shims and arm mounts are included in the kit. The only thing you may need to buy are:

* different thickness sway bars
* 1 degree rear hubs
* spool/oneway kit and pulley
* 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0mm thickness alloy shims (for outer camber link changes - they do give you some spare 1.0 and 2.0mm shims, but to make finer changes you will need to buy some more....I have used the Tamiya ones)

Hope this helps.

- Leonard.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by wallstreet

Instruction manual is very good. It is a little different as it has you assemble everything first. Meaning you build the shocks, diffs, arm to bulkheads, steering, etc and then you bolt it all on the chassis last. It works out the same either way but just a little different. Pictures are good and words are easy to read and follow along.

The kit comes with all the hinge pin mounts and it comes with a few blue camber shims but an extra pack might be a good idea if you like to change a lot of stuff. It comes with nice little clips for the width and toe adjustments....Clips that actually work well and support the whole hinge pin mount. The arm shims are 2mm and 1mm thick. They are plastic.

One thing with this kit is the material the plastic parts are made out of is a lot nicer feeling. Meaning that once I built the car it probably has the least amount of slop of any car I have built (and I have had my share!!). I am sure that some will develop but usually there is some in there when brand new.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.