Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

My current setup is the box setup but changed w/ green springs front, orange springs rear, rear camberlink in bulkhead, upper shock mount #3 ride height 4.5mm f&r, and a directdrive pulley but kept front oneway. Thats all I changed from the box setting
Old 11-12-2002, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Hi Wyd.

Sorry to disappoint.

I'll try and do better next time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually my book of excuses included 56 year old eyes, 56 year old reflexes, and 56 year old thumbs, which are all slowing by the day!

Interestingly, I don't get as tense racing myself as I do when I am spectating and son Josh is racing. I'm a bag of nerves then.

It's all great fun though, and I love it.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

johnbull at your age it sounds like you are still laying it down. Your 56 years young, not 56 years old!!!!! It seems like your Yoke is on rails and you have found a great setup for the tracks you run on. Time and experiance play a part but also having a great car like the Yoke surely don't hurt any. If you do bad just tell them you didn't get your nap!!!!!

It is cool that your son races with you. Glad to see that he likes to race and hang out with dad some. My step son is not into racing but he likes skateboarding so I do that with him. His friends always say Dustin you have a cool stepdad. He always tells them that he like me alot more than his real dad so I feel pretty happy about that. Another good thing thing is he has never said you are not my dad which I'm also glad for.

What electronics do you use in your Yoke? I currently run all Futaba stuff, 3PJ radio, Futaba 9550 digital servo, and Futaba 8000 esc. I did just get a new Yoke Type C Stratus to try as I normally run the Protoform 2.0. I would also like to get the Type D Stratus as well.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Hi Wyd,

Thanks for the compliments. Glad you can experience the same relationship with your step son as Josh and I do.

I keep telling him how lucky he is. My late dad flew model planes, but he never wanted us around. I would have loved to be there fiddling but wasn't welcome.

Josh is now coming on 20. He started Rc with a Tamiya - like we all do, aged 9, so he's been at it a few years. As he got keener I prepped his cars. We moved to Schumachers with Cats and SSTs, then Yokes with YR4s, then he went onto a TC3 three years ago.

I only actually started driving RC some 6 years ago, after I had to lay off racing the real things because of heart problems. I enjoy every bit of it.

You ask what electrics I use. Well here goes.

Motors. We both use Corally motors exclusively since Corally have always helped Josh. I run in stock which has a 21 turn control motor - a Corally Street Racer. I import them anyhow. Josh runs anything from 13s to 9s in Corally Pro series mods.

Cells. This year we are both using Corally Pro team Panasonic UMH 3000s. We have a limit on 3000 so are not allowed to use the new 3300. I tried the same Pro Team Corally Sanyo HV 3000s and frankly find them just as good.

Speedo. Again I import Novak so we both run their new GT7s. The advantage with the GT7, apart from the fact that it is smaller and lighter, is that there are so many different programmes to try. Josh runs his on the softest mod programme, which keeps the car economical and easy to drive. I can afford a more punchy one in stock since the duration factor just doesn't apply in stock.

Transmitters. Josh runs an old JR 756. He is so used to it he just doesn't wish to change. I run a KO Propo Vantage ll.

Receivers. We both run the new KO Propo KR301F Micro in 40 FM.

Bodyshells. Again both run the new Stratus 2 by Protoform.

Servos. Again KO Propo, which I import. Both run the new digital one which we find very responsive and reliable.

Tyres. At the moment we are both running Sorex 28s with a Schumacher flat grey insert. Basically I run on Josh's throw aways. He does a couple of finals with a new set then I inherit them for the next meeting. I expect you know the feeling.

Other than that it's Proline Velocity (dish) wheels, RW spur gears, and Titanium pinions. Both cars use titanium hinge pins, turnbuckles and screws, as well as titanium drive shafts.

I must say they have both been very reliable. it's nice to put the car on the track and always find it driveable. I remember the days with the YR4s and the SSTs which really used to tweek....even from race to race.

Well I reckon that's a long enough story for today.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Guys. Can anyone tell me what servo is best for use with MR4TC 10 turn? How much torque of the servo should I get? Thanks
Old 11-13-2002, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The KO2143 is a great digital servo.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey pops
For the big race I was just in, I used your setup It worked great, the only thing I changed was to use green and orange springs
Old 11-14-2002, 12:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

JohnBull that sounds like some really nice stuff you guys are using. I think good equipment can really help with driving and setup. I use to have the JR756 and it was and still is a fine radio. I liked it so much because my first radio was the KO EX5 and it used the same radio case so when I switched to the 756 I still had the same feel of the EX5.

I run the Sayno HV3000's in my Yoke. I just switched from 2000's as I never did run 2400's at all. My 2000's were still fast in stock so I didn't feel like buying new cells. I have only had 3000's for the last 3 months or so. I like them overall but not a giant differance, except in runtime.

We don't see much Corally stuff around here. I have only seen a few of their cars over the years racing. Now we do have a bunch of Xrays around now but I just don't care for them.

I use to fly planes and still do from time to time. Nothing really exciting as for what I have in planes. I have one electric plane that I like to fly because I can fly it anywhere and no one complains about it.

Well have a nice day
Brian
Old 11-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default mr-4tc question!!!

Noob questions obviously,

I just got a mr-4tc world's edition from a friend -

It's got one-way front and center - boy, the danm car is hard to drive!!

So i'm wondering if I should change out the front to diff. Any adivice? I couldn't find the part number for the front diff. Are there different kinds?? What about the center drive? Are there diffs for the center drive?

It's kinda weird how this car works - front one-way, center one-way and then rear diff. I don't understand what the purpose of the rear diff or center one-way for that matter.

Anyone has the part number for the front diff - and perhaps where I could purchase it? It's hard to find yoko stuff nowadays at my local hobby shops.

G
Old 11-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

You need the diff balls (ZD-505), outdrives (ZD-501), diff rings (ZS-506), screw (ZS-508), thrust bearing (ZS-507), pulley (ZD-503) and spring, which I can't find a P# for, though it's possible it is included in the thrust bearing set... They dont sell the diff as one piece.

Yokomo makes a direct drive center pulley, which is part number ZS-630ASP.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, I have a MR4Pro, Fantom 10T, S3003 servo, KO Mars1, 3000HV, when I run the car with my friend, he has TC-3, my car was like doesn't respond to the turnning, it is hard to make a turn, is it too fast or the servo is bad? My friend's car was very good at turning, he has a good servo n running stock. His car can turn whenever he wanted. Can anyone suggest me any change? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

there are alot of things that you need to tell us if you want help, such as what kind of surface you are racing on, tires, etc.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

yoshi, glad the set up worked well. I would recomend you try the Tosolini set up when you can. I think the high roll center works very well.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Loosenut, the car may be hard to drive, but the problem may not be the one-ways. What surface do you run on? What kind of set-up are you using now?
Old 11-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Whats up fellas and gals?? I just wanted to get your opinion on which version of the MR4TC is the better one of the bunch? Kinda lookin at buying one and was wondering..thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.