Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

roddude,
Try running the rear with no droop at all.Just to test.
Also mentioned before try running the original shock tower upfront.
Which arms and arm-holes are you using?!

Mika,
Go with the lightweight it differs a lot.
Just remove the spacer (shim) rings between the ballbearings and the diff. (There's your drag probably)

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Pizza
Old 01-01-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Spinning out???

Also-if your car suddenly starts spinning out or handling poorly/erratically, take out every wheel bearing and check to see which one(s) are frozen and not spinning.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

i have a tc3 with a peak hellfire aietronics m8 a micro reciver and a junk servo also a novack cyclone tc
Old 01-01-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: TC3 upper deck?

Originally posted by lem2
Ben,
yep that would be nice!! but make it a bit thicker than the pro3 upper deck. Keep us updated! Will make an advance order!
Lem
Warpspeed already makes one. It comes in 3MM solid and 3MM cut out. Just waiting on a shipment of graphite and the chassis kits and the top plate kits will be available.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just bought a set of RPM ball cups for my tc3. But I'm missing some of my the little foam ball cup dust covers. I will be able to go the the hobby shop tomorrow and get a set (if there in stock ), but if they're not in stock, I would have to wait like a week to get them in cuz I would have to order them on-line, and I can't wait that long without driving my car !!! I don't wanna make some out of foam cuz that looks wierd and I don't have any foam that would work. Does anyone think they really make a difference? Would the RPM ball cups wear out faster without them? Does anyone just not use them? I noticed that my friends NTC3 rtr didn't have them. I'm just checkin cuz I don't wanna have my new ball cups wear out faster cuz I was stupid . Thanks!
Old 01-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Muffin,
Does Schumacher USA have a part number for the Warpspeed Demon chassis yet so that I can put it on backorder?
Old 01-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you will be fine without the 'foamies' for a week or so. im sure your not racing outdoors right now so it wont be as bad.

i always have them on my car and change them every few months but being without them for awhile wont be a problem, and your rpm ball cups are really heavy duty so dont worry about it!!
Old 01-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: TC3 upper deck?

Originally posted by MUFFIN
Warpspeed already makes one. It comes in 3MM solid and 3MM cut out. Just waiting on a shipment of graphite and the chassis kits and the top plate kits will be available.
Is there a pic of the Warpspeed chassis?? any website?
Old 01-02-2003, 07:30 AM

Default Need help here!

Hello All fellow TC3 mates!

I have a problem not so with the TC3 but more with the electronics. When I run my car with a fresh batt, it goes very fast for about 15 -20 secs with good pickup and top speed but it will slowly slows down and when the trigger is pulled after the car stops, it would not move until I give the car a little push.

Then, it just moves slowly and stops even at full throttle. The ESC and motor are not very warm to the touch. When I changed the ESC from my GM to my LRP, the same problem will happen.

I'm running the P2K2 stock motor with 6.3 gear ratio.

Thanks in advance for any good advice.

New year to all!
Old 01-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default brush hoods

hi! check the brush hoods of the motor, there may be some dirt, tiny pebble inside the brush hood thats why the brush does not contact the com and maybe the reason why it won't go.

try pushing the brushes of the motor towards the com and see.

hope it works
Old 01-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Happy New Year to all.

RC1. Lem 2's diagnosis seems the right one. Sounds just like brushes not making contact.

I presume your brushes are fairly new and your comm clean. If so it's probably friction in the brush hood as Lem said.

If you haven't changed brushes and skimmed the comm for some time do that first.

Another possibility could be an overheated brush spring which has twisted and is no longer putting enough pressure on the brush.

We experience that sort of thing during the summer sometimes, when everything gets so hot.

Good luck.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default loose screws

Hi,
I have a FT TC3 and some of the screws(blue Alum.) are very loose and starts to bug me, 3 screws on bottom, two cap screws that are holding a driving shaft/bearing on top rear and few more on top.
Does any one has any suggestions or possible replacement other than blue ones? Does anyone makes screws that are bit longer?
Thanks for your help.
J.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have had problems with screws sometimes coming out from installing and removing them so much, the threads just get oversized.
all the screws in a tc3 are 4-40 size, i just bought some 5-40 and it took care of the problem.

you might try a little CA glue on the threads, that helps too.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jayhaya- Are the screws not coming tight because the holes are stripped out? If so, you might be able to put longer screws into some places, just use some type of depth gauge to determine the depth of the hole, and do not go any longer than that. You should be able to get screws in any size from your LHS.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Todddd41 / Northerner,
Thanks for your help! I didn't know they have 5-40 screws.
I'll also check my depth and see if I can try a longer screws.
Thanks again,
J.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.