Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Looks nice BUT if your chassis wears out from scraping the ground the only thing your gonna get is more bow on your car so I think this is a very nice tool when you build your car for the first time only.
Anyway nice idea.
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Here is a pic of the one for the T2. The one for the Cyclone will be similar. It has holes in the bottom so you can loosen and retighten all the screws on the chassis as well as the top plate. The point of the tool is to make everything "square".
Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is already a bunch of these in use and no problems. This comment was brought up 6 months ago when I was introducing it. It does not clamp the chassis at the very edge. I do almost nothing but asphault racing and my chassis is pretty worn. It still comes out square.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Art Jensen
There is already a bunch of these in use and no problems. This comment was brought up 6 months ago when I was introducing it. It does not clamp the chassis at the very edge. I do almost nothing but asphault racing and my chassis is pretty worn. It still comes out square.
How do I order one of these plates and when will they be available?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does anyone have the part number handy for the cvd blades that come with the hara / surikarn kits? Also are there any other blades on the market that fit?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've checked the RDX and xray blades...they don't fit..there drive pins are small dia. than the cyclones.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
How do I order one of these plates and when will they be available?
The plate is under production as we speek. I will post when they are done and show pics. The only one out so far is the T2 model. I will start taking Paypal orders once they are complete. It will be a few weeks at least. Thanks for your interest.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

lawtonlosi :- If your thinking about fitting blades to the spool I filed out the one piece hara spool and fitted the hotbodies blades, it all worked well enough but within one meeting the blade had broken and the pin had begun to wear the spool again, didnt completely fall to bits, it stayed intact all day..
Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, as well as just needing some spares. I know my friends schuie blades are lasting a few weekends in 19t trim, so that might just be a necessary evil.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

or you guys can wait for Jason's BMI lighten spool for the cyclone to be released..
Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Either way I need a set of spare blades for the rear too.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Speedtech has the blades listed...but out of stock..
I need some for spares too...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Speedtech has the blades listed...but out of stock..
I need some for spares too...
try to get from Champ very cheap and fast
Old 06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian

I had a BAD day at the track...

Broke my topdeck, bent the RHS curved bulkhead sideways.. snapped the head off a ball socket which ruined a rear hub too..
Ejected 1 battery and bent another...

This has to be my single worse day at the track EVER...

Although on the upside i did trim 1 second off my laptime and i think there's more gains to be had. And my HD driveshafts are still perfect..
Just a shame the running got stopped early..
All due to a spektrum shutdown..

Had anyone experience the rear bulkhead bending sideways before? perhaps i should get one of those alu braces... I assume the impact which broke the topdeck at the split on the motor side, also send enough sideways force to bend the bulkhead.. v.strange.

Is this a common break? I might upgrade to a straight version instead.. (Square make one i believe..)
Damn, that sucks hard core! Do you have any pics!! Your spetkrum shut down? How is that? Just curious. I haven't had any trouble with mine at all. I just upgraded my rx to the new micro one. It's pretty awesome.

Blades... hmmm anyone try the Speedway Pal blades for the TC3/4? I wonder if they would fit...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

LoL.... tell me about it..

I'm not too sure what happened.. the pack was about 1/2 spent.. and all of a sudden the steering locked up and the car full throttled into a concrete barrier.

I don't have time to post pics i'm afraid.. but I am off to HK later tonight! So hopefully yhey'll have some spares down there. IWon't expect to come back wtih all the parts i need though. It seems the Cyclone is still insanely popular in asia and spares are hard to find...

Cheers!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, spares are hard to get for sure! Hopefully I have everything I need for the rest of the year as far as spares. Just as long as nothing like your crash happens.. I should be safe. Only thing I've had trouble with are bent or twisted aluminum front bones. But I've since switched to the HD ones. Now I'm just looking at how to reduce spool wear and tear. Wish they made a spool like the Tamiya TA05 spool. Those are nice! Hmmm.... nah... won't work...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.