Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All I have left to do is build the shocks.

"- the small plastic piece on tower for front bumper is too soft. Snugging bolts crushes it like butter. 2.0 part seems stiffer."

X2
Old 09-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Make sure you don't over tighten the upper shocks and compress the shock bushing. Also double check your arms are not bound for some reason. Arms should move up and down freely. I would believe if you screw down the set screw for the swaybars too much it could affect ride hight adjustments as well. Just a few things to check.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Can you guys help me with a build question? I'm installing the sway bars on the truck, my question is do I make the end of the sway bar flush with the ball end? Cause if I do it seems to put a bind on the linkage going down to the a arm.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mine has approx 1/8" of the sway bar sticking out of the end
Old 09-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Deton8er
Anyone having issues with lack of rebound in the rear shocks? I rebuilt them twice at the track today. Ride height is set at 26mm. 35wt oil red springs.
When assembling did your rear arms bind at all?

I spent quite a bit of time reaming the rear arms out before I got the suspension to move freely..

No issues with the front at all..
Old 09-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by username1

I spent quite a bit of time reaming the rear arms out before I got the suspension to move freely..

I have not tried that yet. We rebuilt the shocks twice and no one at the track can figure it out. Absolutely zero rebound in the rear. I had to put the heavy light blue springs in the front to get some rebound. The rear shocks have a slight slant inward towards the chassis, correct?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes.
Try and take the shocks off and cycle the arms up and down. They should fall freely
Old 09-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

What are people running for battery location?
Truck is being setup for OC/RC with 17.5t setup
Old 09-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes.
Try and take the shocks off and cycle the arms up and down. They should fall freely
Even with the sway bar attached?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What are people running for battery location?
Truck is being setup for OC/RC with 17.5t setup
You don't run a 17.5 motor in an SCTE? They don't have "stock" 4wd SCT?

http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_...02_reduced.pdf

Here is the latest setup.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

The set up sheet is blank. Also, does anyone know what size the sway bars are that come with the kit?
Old 09-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

The set up sheet is blank. Also, does anyone know what size the sway bars are that come with the kit?
Page 49 should have the kit setup and 2.3 millimeter sway bar front and should be 2.2 millimeter sway bar in the rear hope that helps
Old 09-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by r schowengerdt
Page 49 should have the kit setup and 2.3 millimeter sway bar front and should be 2.2 millimeter sway bar in the rear hope that helps
Good call! Forgot all about that. Thanks
Old 09-12-2016, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigOx
Can you guys help me with a build question? I'm installing the sway bars on the truck, my question is do I make the end of the sway bar flush with the ball end? Cause if I do it seems to put a bind on the linkage going down to the a arm.
I noticed same thing.

Mine has approx 1/8" of the sway bar sticking out of the end
I cut 1/8 off so they didn't hit DE Racing mud guards.

I reamed the rear arms as well. I got the feeling the shafts were slightly bigger than normal. Even after reaming they were not free falling like I wanted. Plan to check the pin diameter while I'm waiting on parts. After building so many SCTEs I have parts new and used to compare.

I have not tried that yet. We rebuilt the shocks twice and no one at the track can figure it out. Absolutely zero rebound in the rear. I had to put the heavy light blue springs in the front to get some rebound. The rear shocks have a slight slant inward towards the chassis, correct?
I do have a feeling the shock springs are going to be too light. However, all new rigs need to be broken in some. There is a lot of drag in all the pins and even the camber rod balls fit nice and snug. That's how I like it, no slop. Run all shock pivot points slightly loose. I never tighten down the nuts on top of shocks or the screws on the bottom. Just run them down till they touch, not tight.

Going to check rear pins now.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All this talk about the sway bars and Ty Tessmann just released a video explaining the proper way to set them up. The only difference with the SCTE is the fact they are not adjustable via length adjustment like the ones in the video below, but by depth of the bar through the pivot clamp per side on the SCTE.
This is really handy info for such a narrowly discussed topic such as setup methods or understanding such for sway bars in general.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.