Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Sounds like the onboard voltage detection is way out of tolerance.

A fresh set of 8 batteries should be well over 12v.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

That is a cheap radio that was sellled very well in the RC world.

To be cheap we was made cheap, this means...

-it eat's power like a camel after 3months with no water

But the good thing is there is inumerous mod's and hacks people made to it.

One simple thing is put a 3s lipo in there that fit's the space...something 3600mah i guess that will fit

And there is a mod that involves changing a chip inside the board with soldering to be more EFFICIENT in the power department.

Thera a lot of mods for this remote!
Those are only 2!! (lipo and chip)

Search google and youtube and there is hundreds of options to choose!

http://overkillrc.webs.com/gt3b.htm

Voltage regulator!!
Old 10-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
That is a cheap radio that was sellled very well in the RC world.

To be cheap we was made cheap, this means...

-it eat's power like a camel after 3months with no water

But the good thing is there is inumerous mod's and hacks people made to it.

One simple thing is put a 3s lipo in there that fit's the space...something 3600mah i guess that will fit

And there is a mod that involves changing a chip inside the board with soldering to be more EFFICIENT in the power department.

Thera a lot of mods for this remote!
Those are only 2!! (lipo and chip)

Search google and youtube and there is hundreds of options to choose!

http://overkillrc.webs.com/gt3b.htm

Voltage regulator!!

Yeah, I have the voltage regulator on the way. What i have found so far is that with fresh alkaline batteries, i'm getting over 12volts. with the rechargeables, i'm only getting 9v on full charge. i might have a bad cell or two? I grabbed a fresh pack of duracel. i'm thinking about doing the lipo upgrade next week.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by asiak
hi,
I'm tryying to flash my Fsgt3b but i'm having always the error:
Error : FILE : line 5: Not in Motorola S19 format!
Error : < File loading failed.
sometimes the error 4 or the error 6.
I have tryed the solutions on this thread and i've tryed on 2 pc's (one with XP 32bit the other with windows 7 64bit) but i'm stucked.
Can someone help me? sorry about my poor english.
Thanks for your answers.
I, too, am having this issue. And I have also tried all the fixes on this thread (yay for search feature) to no avail. However I did find this info helpful:

I took a look at the contents of the firmware in notpad++, and it's all in HTML format, which i'm assuming the program does not read. So I went back to "githubDOTcom/semerad/gt3b/tree/master/Releases" (did that because I can't post URLs yet) and copied the raw data from the newest release into a blank notepad file, saved it as an .s19 file extension, and presto. Worked. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Gt3c 25ft n out of range?

Hi ppls.

OK so I end up getting a gt3c I hook everything up and for first few days perfect. So few days ago in a big truck stop I take it out n for some reason it cuts off 20-30 ft away. Opened it up receiver is just how it was day 1 so is everything els. I did flip it a few times at high speeds but nothing was damaged. Any idea of what it can be?
Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Serg1982
Hi ppls.

OK so I end up getting a gt3c I hook everything up and for first few days perfect. So few days ago in a big truck stop I take it out n for some reason it cuts off 20-30 ft away. Opened it up receiver is just how it was day 1 so is everything els. I did flip it a few times at high speeds but nothing was damaged. Any idea of what it can be?
Duh .... commercial areas, like a Truck Stop, Business Park, residential area are LOADED with 2.4GHz radios for WiFi, SmartPhones w/ WiFi, Microwave ovens emitt 2.4GHz, Fluorescent Lighting, etc! 2.4GHz is UNCONTROLLED by the FCC and that's why RC and WiFi etc is on it (ya, RC got screwed). Your little radio is only powered by a 9.6vDC mW power supply, those commercial and residential devices are powered by 120VAC high Wattage power supplies! Even though your radio is "linked" paired to your specific receiver, ALL those other multiple channels of 2.4GHz devices can and WILL interfere, essentially blocking signal or scrambling operation.

Your FlySky GT3B, or any radio was not designed to be used in a Truck Stop was it? All the dopes that complain about the range problems of the GT3B or any other radio are likely not setting up the receiver antenna correctly or are using the radio ins a 2.4GHz crowded neighborhood. Make sure the Rx Ant is vertical and at least the last 2inches is exposed and away from the battery and motor (which give off RF) I've had two GT3B radios (1st and 2nd ver) since they came out and I've never had any range issues when used in appropriate areas. In 10 receivers, I've only had 1 fail. I use my GT3B's with race trucks, cars and boats.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fs-gt3c battery issue

I installed and charged the new lipo battery. I'm having the same issue as with the old battery. As soon as I turn it on and check the steering it starts beeping and saying low voltage. Any help with this would be great.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Did you set the low voltage alarm according to your battery voltage?
Old 04-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Off road tech70
I installed and charged the new lipo battery. I'm having the same issue as with the old battery. As soon as I turn it on and check the steering it starts beeping and saying low voltage. Any help with this would be great.
Check the voltage of the LiPO independent of the on-board display to make sure the battery really is fully charged.

I never charge my LiPO thru the GT3b charge input port, I have a connector on the LiPO to remove it for charging on a known good LiPO specific balance changer.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello all I just finished installing the VR mod now i plan on installing the Hacked Firmware. I was wondering if anybody knows if this programmer would work to flash the GT3B?

https://www.amazon.com/Qunqi-ST-LINK...rds=ST+link+v2
Old 06-28-2016, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CptKlink
Hello all I just finished installing the VR mod now i plan on installing the Hacked Firmware. I was wondering if anybody knows if this programmer would work to flash the GT3B?
hi i cant post links here so i sent you a PM of a link to ebay for the program unit i bought
Old 01-22-2017, 07:39 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Question about the regulator mod, I have read a few different type of regulators that can be used. Any recommendations?
Recom R-785.0-0.5
Recom R-78E5.0-1.0
TSR 0.5-2450
TR05S05
Old 03-13-2017, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Noob here. I have a hacked GT3B that I want to install a ppm mixer in for a pan and tilt fpv camera system. Does anyone know what ppm mixer will work and how to wire it into the GT3B?
Old 06-29-2017, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Looking to get a voltage regulator for my GT3-B. any suggestions on where i can get one?
Saw this on ebay.

(1PCS) R-785.0-0.5 CONV DC/DC 0.5A 5V OUT SIP VERT 785.0 R-785.0 | eBay
Old 06-30-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GT3B FIRMWARE

Hey guys/gals, can somebody tell me if the firmware to program the GT3B and GT3C will work with a more recent version of Windows(Win8 or Win10) Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.