2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

never leave your machine logged into RCTECH in a public place.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Brandon and I didn't charge a cent for the Reedy Race, you are mistaken. We didn't even have an internet connection at the Reedy Race until Noon on Sunday, and we had no video camera. The Live Scoring and the audio was free. Brandon was on vacation on Sunday during the Reedy Race, so he was not logged on, and I did not have an internet connection, so maybe somebody else told you that you had to pay by mistake

Brandon (LiveRC) does charge for events where the promoter doesn't help pay for the fees. He has several thousand dollars invested in hardware and server costs. You need a good server to host 200+ viewers.
It told me the same thing. Donate $30 to see the live feed.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just log into that screen and you'll get the upgrade without having to click on the paypal logo.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

didnt work for me Jon,
Old 06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't know then. It worked for me. Maybe Doung can explain how to do it properly. Maybe I just got lucky.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ok so I logged in. I can get the audio and video. But nothing I type shows up in chat. I can see everyone else though. And I dont have times coming up. Audio is great though.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey what do ya know...it works.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, the Audio should be free for everyone at this race, but I think I found the problem you guys are having...

To watch the times and stuff, it has always been free, and audio/video is free at selected races. Before the Reedy race, you had to be logged in to view the races with your account (general accounts have always been free also). For the reedy race, I changed it so you can watch the races anonymously without creating an account, but in order to chat then you would have to login (for obvious moderation reasons). After reading what you guys were saying though, I think I forgot to remove the login check when you click the audio/video button. What that means is that you can still listen for free, but you need to be logged in to access it. I will work on that right now, it should be an easy fix. Once that is done, then anonymous users will be able to access audio as well, which sounds like what the issue here is. I'll post back on here when the fix is done.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Brandon and I didn't charge a cent for the Reedy Race, you are mistaken. We didn't even have an internet connection at the Reedy Race until Noon on Sunday, and we had no video camera. The Live Scoring and the audio was free. Brandon was on vacation on Sunday during the Reedy Race, so he was not logged on, and I did not have an internet connection, so maybe somebody else told you that you had to pay by mistake

Brandon (LiveRC) does charge for events where the promoter doesn't help pay for the fees. He has several thousand dollars invested in hardware and server costs. You need a good server to host 200+ viewers.

Well something is not right then, because as with the Reedy Race, and the Nationals, this is what the web site is telling us: "To view the live audio and video broadcast, you must be a bonus lap member. For more information about becoming a bonus lap member, click the button below".

So it does cost....
Old 06-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

problems are fixed. For now, I gave everyone access to free audio and video, but once more people start logging in, then it will go back to the free audio for everyone and video for bonus lap members.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Well something is not right then, because as with the Reedy Race, and the Nationals, this is what the web site is telling us: "To view the live audio and video broadcast, you must be a bonus lap member. For more information about becoming a bonus lap member, click the button below".

So it does cost....

This was the bug I explained above... it is all fixed now.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yep, the live feed is working.... Great job Brandon....
Old 06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

This race will be the innaugural kickoff to the new Fantasy RC feature of LiveRC. More info will follow shortly...

You will be able to pick drivers up to the time racing begins on Friday, so start watching those lap times so you know who you want to pick!
Old 06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Information about Fantasy RC is now up. Click below to find out more!

http://liverc.rccars.com/fantasy_rc.php
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
The Evicerator

So who wants to give us a report or some pictures from today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.