Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

Speedmerchant Rev 8

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tim fry
Some good results there. Any idea when the moulded side links and new from end will be in stock?
Hi Tim,

Sorry I missed this earlier.

The FINAL ...and I mean very FINAL approval molds are on their way here from Japan. As soon as I give them a "check mark", the first full production batch will be on its' way. I'm pretty much sure we are looking at under a month.

The New Bulkheads, Black Aluminum Steering Blocks and new 19mm Turnbuckles are already here and waiting at the shop.

I'm also getting a test batch of "soft" arms for rough tracks. I'll get those out to team guys for testing right away. Josh used the standard "firm" lower arms at the Denver race.

Both will be available in the future as a tuning option for you.

Thanks again for being patient.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Old 04-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

I've noticed the new front arms need a lot of shimming underneath to get the ride height down at the front.
Do you tend to then use the steering turnbuckles in a more conventional position, rather than swept back? So that they clear the screw heads on the top of the new suspension arms. Or was this just Josh's preference?
Old 04-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herminator
I've noticed the new front arms need a lot of shimming underneath to get the ride height down at the front.
Do you tend to then use the steering turnbuckles in a more conventional position, rather than swept back? So that they clear the screw heads on the top of the new suspension arms. Or was this just Josh's preference?
Hi Herminator,

I'm not really sure I understand your question. The tie-rods clear everything very easily whether swept back or not. The front suspension is designed so you can run the tires right down to the rim...even the smaller JACO size rim. The tie-rods never come close to hitting anything.

Josh had Shoe Goo'ed his servos in the cars before he got to the Denver race. We would've liked them just a little more forward, but it really wasn't an issue at all.

I hope that answers your question.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a couple of pics from my phone to show it.

The fronts on at the moment are 40.5mm, ride height 4.4mm so it still needs more spacers.
With just a small amount of left lock, as shown in this pic, the right turnbuckle is fowling the button head screw. Obviously I could change the steering linkage positions, but what would be the best position.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

I've just looked at the photo's in this thread and realised I'm stupid, I have the arms on the wrong way round and I probably have my servo pushed too far forward to.

DOH!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herminator
I've just looked at the photo's in this thread and realised I'm stupid, I have the arms on the wrong way round and I probably have my servo pushed too far forward to.

DOH!

LOL....

That is definitely not up to SpeedMerchant specifications.

Try them the other way....the car will handle much better.

Good luck.-Bruce
Old 04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Tim,

Sorry I missed this earlier.

The FINAL ...and I mean very FINAL approval molds are on their way here from Japan. As soon as I give them a "check mark", the first full production batch will be on its' way. I'm pretty much sure we are looking at under a month.

The New Bulkheads, Black Aluminum Steering Blocks and new 19mm Turnbuckles are already here and waiting at the shop.

I'm also getting a test batch of "soft" arms for rough tracks. I'll get those out to team guys for testing right away. Josh used the standard "firm" lower arms at the Denver race.

Both will be available in the future as a tuning option for you.

Thanks again for being patient.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Hey Bruce,
Will the Rev 8 conversion kits come with the molded side links once available or continue with the carbon? Thinking of moving my 7 to the newest version and would rather go with the plastic parts if available.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 04-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Hey Bruce,
Will the Rev 8 conversion kits come with the molded side links once available or continue with the carbon? Thinking of moving my 7 to the newest version and would rather go with the plastic parts if available.

Thanks,
Chuck
Is that a Husqvarna in your avatar ?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Herminator - What servo saver is that? We used the Kimbrough Medium which may also be a little bit different for the height.

Edited my comment - Just talked to Bruce and saw the arms aren't on right..lol....

Wrenching to head to The Gate to practice this Saturday!! I'll take some pics of my car and post them later.

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 04-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Is that a Husqvarna in your avatar ?
GasGas EC300
Old 04-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

GasGas EC300
Sweet, hard to tell from that itty bitty pic
Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Sweet, hard to tell from that itty bitty pic
Thanks, i can't wait to start breaking it in. If it is half as sweet as my Speedmerchant I'll be in good shape!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Herminator - What servo saver is that? We used the Kimbrough Medium which may also be a little bit different for the height.

Edited my comment - Just talked to Bruce and saw the arms aren't on right..lol....

Wrenching to head to The Gate to practice this Saturday!! I'll take some pics of my car and post them later.
It's the xray x-hard servo saver. The same that comes with the X12 kits.

All built correctly now, loads of clearance for the steering arms. Still needs more spacers than I'd usually use, so I'll be on the hunt for some nice large alloy washers, rather than using so many CRC plastic spacers.

Club night tonight, so I'll see how the Rev8 goes for the first time in a while.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Bruce,

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

As soon as I get the molds in stock, everything will be switched over to the plastic links. So, at the moment, if you order a conversion, it will come with the CF Links. You can replace them later with the new molded ones, or wait for them to come in.

As soon as I get them in, I will put them on-line for sale and update the News section on the site. I'm sure someone will post something here too.

Glad you like your 7, you'll love your 8.

That EC300 is the balz. Trying to restrain myself from ordering a TXT E8 for my kids.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Old 04-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant
Hi Chuck,

As soon as I get the molds in stock, everything will be switched over to the plastic links. So, at the moment, if you order a conversion, it will come with the CF Links. You can replace them later with the new molded ones, or wait for them to come in.

As soon as I get them in, I will put them on-line for sale and update the News section on the site. I'm sure someone will post something here too.

Glad you like your 7, you'll love your 8.

That EC300 is the balz. Trying to restrain myself from ordering a TXT E8 for my kids.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Appreciate the update.

The new electric bikes and specifically kids bikes are amazing compared to what was available when I was little. One question if you get the TXT....blinky or boosted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.