Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cristian, thanks, I'll give it a try and see how it rolls. Plenty of testing time before my next meet. Looking forward to reporting back on the caps and springs!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Suspension Mount Screws and Block Lock Pre-Orders.

The Suspension Block Locks are Now Available, as well as our new 16mm 12.9 Steel Suspension Block Screws.

The screws are now shipping and the suspension block locks should arrive in about 10 days.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the benefit of these screws? In my judgement they are to short. It looks a if the just insert half of the aluminum thread. Looks like a high risk of ruining the thread when crashing (even though it is a no contact sport it happens often).
Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yes indeed too short. I pulled a screw thru 2 weekends ago. I have since replaced those screws with much longer ones so that they protrude thru a bit, and lock it down with a nut. This is all with my PPD 'grips' though. But it could happen with these as well.....
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

The screws are longer than the stock units (which are 14mm in length). Keep in mind that the one you are looking at is the one that is for rear Toe. It threads 3/4 of the way in when I am running 3.7 degrees of rear toe on a car that is 1mm wider than stock.

The screws are not too short. They are longer than the stock units, which by simple logic, does not make them too short. From the pictures provided there is inconclusive evidence for you to arrive at such "judgments".

When using the screws in any of the other positions, the screws will thread through the bulkhead and protrude on the inside of the bulkhead approximately 1-1.5mm when the car is used with 2mm of spacing at each corner. If you make the car 1mm wider at each corner, you get to 190mm- max legal width and still fully threaded on the bulkhead (I run my car at 188mm F and 189mm R widths).

They also have a 2.5mm head instead of 2mm. This allows for better torquing on the mount and less stripped screw heads. I stripped a couple of stock screws as well.

And guys, while we appreciate opinions on the thread, it is not a nice thing to do to come on here and say "those are too short" without ever have had them in your hands or testing them. We will gladly answer questions or concerns that you may have about a product, but lets try to keep it positive.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Are the suspension blocks recommended for the outer corner mounts? Meaning I only really need 4? Or has your testing shown that 8 works best?
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Tom, 4 should be enough. The way they work, they will keep the blocks from rotating under regular use, unless you tap or hit a wall pretty hard, in which case they will rotate slightly developing a mild bit of the slop again (much less than usual), but without breakage. They can also be used with screws from the inside to act as stops, but this is not truly necessary either.

I still have to re-tighten my mounts from time to time, but this is about once a month. Over time, from hitting corner dots they can come loose, but is very minimal and very rare (and usually the ones that move are the front ones).
Old 07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Stuff looks good Cristian. Almost good enough to make me buy another TC LOL. I can tell y'all from years of racing with these guys, if they make something and say it works, it works. They use it and test it before it ever hits the market.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
And guys, while we appreciate opinions on the thread, it is not a nice thing to do to come on here and say "those are too short" without ever have had them in your hands or testing them. We will gladly answer questions or concerns that you may have about a product, but lets try to keep it positive.
This is why I said: "In my judgement..." I meant: for my eyes (sorry if it was the wrong translation = school english only). You must admit that the screws look short in the third picture...

By the way: I replaced the stock units immediatly with longer screws. Nice is that the head of your screws is 2,5mm.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

First outing this weekend with my Reflex Racing equiped 17.5 Blinky RCGT TC6. Played with the set up quite a bit last week, and wow, do I really like the springs and the vertical ball studs. Very quick and easy to tune. One thing that I noted about the springs is that they're very even in overall length. I have several sets of the AE springs, and they vary as much as 2mm!

Just a little more tuning to do Saturday (race day) and I'm happy! Ordering block locks now.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Great Feedback!

Thanks Tom!

Also on the news front, we are glad to announce more members of Team AE/CML UK have come on board to run our parts. The team guys were so impressed after trying some of Stephen Lander's parts that they had to have some for themselves.

Welcome aboard Alan Bickerstaff, Zak Smith, Chis Slater and Ben Putt!!!

I am confident that as more top, front-running TC6 Drivers embrace our parts, it will help prove what many people already know: these parts make a difference!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Nice! Keep on your good work! How about some sway bar collars? Then the car is near to perfection.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

yes! Those are on the way. Hopefully they'll be here soon...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Christian, what about 12.5lbs springs?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

We can consider them, have you or others found a need for a softer spring than the 13.5's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.