Wiki Posts
Search

Nitrotane Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nitrotaint...

Seriously though. Just run the 20% if that's all they have. No biggie. Even Traxxas fuel rips. It has great oils and plenty of it. I run Byrons gen2 25%. Hobbytowns are weirdos....They do usually have Powermaster and that's the best I've run...
Old 04-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

We don't carry Nitrotane because no one in this area seems to use it. If it would justify carrying another brand, we would stock it. ODO, Sidewinder seems to be the top fuels in this area of the country.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
Seriously though. Just run the 20% if that's all they have. No biggie. Even Traxxas fuel rips. It has great oils and plenty of it. I run Byrons gen2 25%. Hobbytowns are weirdos....They do usually have Powermaster and that's the best I've run...
You didn't bust on Top Fuel, but for those folks who love Powermaster, but hate Traxxas fuel.....they're one and the same. Top Fuel is made by Powermaster, and is only a different color in the Traxxas containers.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
If you want to try other fuels, I'd go in this brand order:

Byron's
Morgan/Sidewinder
O'Donnel

Morgan (and everyone) is still pretty much aiming to beat Byron's Gen2; it's good stuff.

Amongst *racers* I dare say it's the most popular with Sidewinder now a real close second. Followed by Nitrotane.
Yeah, I picked up a gal. of sidewinder 20% for 22 bucks, im sorry but 36 dollars is just to much to pay for a gal. of nitro. That hobby shop is called Extream hobbys, by the buck pa. Yeah he named that right!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

The only guys around me that still run Nitrotane are the guys that have engine sponsers. I just couldn't keep affording a $40 set of bearings after
every gallon of Nitrotane that I ran. Clean and crisp burning fuel, for sure,
but hard on bearings. Went back to Byron's and have been happy, and bearing free, for 3 gallons now. Not quite as clean and crisp as Nitrotane but
it has all the power without eating bearings so I'm good.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz
The only guys around me that still run Nitrotane are the guys that have engine sponsers. I just couldn't keep affording a $40 set of bearings after
but hard on bearings. Went back to Byron's and have been happy, and bearing free, for 3 gallons now. Not quite as clean and crisp as Nitrotane but
truer words have never been spoken

byrons is a great fuel and has the WHOLE package as opposed to some other fuels
Old 04-11-2010, 05:57 PM
AE

Nitrotane is not discontinued! I work for Team Losi Racing and I can assure you that Nitrotane fuel has not been discontinued.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I just got a case 2 days ago direct from Horizon. I have not heard anything of the sort about the fuel is dis-continued. It is by far the most popular fuel being used(and the best). Don't see it being dis-continued.
I dont know about the most popular but it is a very good fuel.Go with byrons gen2 30/11.Our hobby shop sells it for $27.99
Old 04-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Nirtotane is not being discontinued! Most LHS knows Horizon and Losi and know that in order to get in parts and supplies from LOSI you need to order in Jan/Feb and order in bulk loads. If your LHS waits till April to get Nitrotane or even some Losi parts, they will be waiting for a long time.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
am
Tech Master

I ran 3 gallons of Nitrothane through my Os last year, o bearing change. I use TKO ceramics tough, but always! run through some staright fuel with 20% for a minute when racedays are over.

Are you using afterrun oils?
Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz

I had the same problem but with Byron fuel so I most certainly will not touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by am
I ran 3 gallons of Nitrothane through my Os last year, o bearing change. I use TKO ceramics tough, but always! run through some staright fuel with 20% for a minute when racedays are over.

Are you using afterrun oils?
Yes and I also use TKO ceramics.

Originally Posted by Greg B
I had the same problem but with Byron fuel so I most certainly will not touch it with a 10 foot pole.
4 drivers, 4 different engines, all with multiple years of nitro experiance ALL
had the same issues. All of us have changed over to Byron's, problem solved.
I even have a team driver in the area that ran it for years on end and admitted to the same issue so I know its not just us.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just starting my 9th gallon of Nitrotane on my Plus4 and no issues at all with bearings, plugs, flame outs, etc... In fact last summer I did not have a single DNF in qualifiers or mains with my Plus 4, Nitrotane, and 8ight 2.0.

And NO I'm not sponsored at all.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

I'm a Nitrotane junky and it takes extreme circumstances to get me to use a different fuel. Unfortunately, Nitrotane is a very difficult fuel to get my hands on. I usually have to twist my track owner's arm a bit to get him to order a couple of cases for me at a time. The main problem is that, at least in my area, it's a very unpopular fuel. I get questions such as "Where did you get that clear fuel?" when I visit other tracks in the area, which leads me to believe most people in my neck of the woods have never seen it before.

My weekly racing engine is a Dynamite Platinum .21XP with about five gallons on it and the original bearings are just fine. I also have a Mach 427, also with around five gallons on it, with no bearing problems. I run the 20% Race Blend Nitrotane and generally keep my engines toward the rich side of a good tune.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nirtotane is not being discontinued! Most LHS knows Horizon and Losi and know that in order to get in parts and supplies from LOSI you need to order in Jan/Feb and order in bulk loads. If your LHS waits till April to get Nitrotane or even some Losi parts, they will be waiting for a long time.
And I would have accepted an answer along those lines.

I realized years ago, that this Hobby Town cannot support my needs in this hobby. However, knowing that they carry Losi products(and have a 2 foot diameter Losi sticker on the front door), I went there anyway, to at least place an order for fuel. I expected to pay more than I would at the hobby store that supports our track, but Hobby Town is 5 min's away whereas the track is 45 min's away.

I got the answers I was looking for from the responses on the forum. The owner of the store is a shmuck, trying to stay afloat. Willing to compromise his customers to do so. I will just take my $ elsewhere, and will change fuels if I have to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.