Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers guys, should hopefully just finnish the thing off.

Thanks
Crashmaster
Old 05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To the guys with a BMI TC4, Will the 3700 batterys fit in your car?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note in here that we got some woven graphite center shaft for the TC4 in stock. These are made by Team Bomber Japan and distributed by Yokomo in the US. Extremely light weight and true.

Also, we'll be uploading the new 3 Racing hop-ups for the TC4 on our website very soon.

Thanks for reading

Steve Wang
Old 05-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default Steve...

can you get the Pal TC3/4 aluminum outdrives?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Steve...

Originally posted by RCknight
can you get the Pal TC3/4 aluminum outdrives?
RCKnight,

We sure can, however, they are a bit pricey:

PAL blue aluminum outdrives (with 1 pair of delrin machined blade) = $36.99

Spare delrin machined blades = $7.99 a pack of 2

We special ordered them in before for a local customers, but we are not sure if there are more people that want them. They are very good quality products (as always with Speedway PAL products).

Steve Wang
Old 05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Personnally i want these outdrive ! My car 's too heavy
Old 05-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default S_Fender

Hi!

how is the racing going? You race in the supersport class right? I was wondering how are your feelings about the car, didnt you have some issues with the cars stifness in le Havre on carpet?

How much suport do you get from A/E, if you get any?

Cheers!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Steve...

Originally posted by SpeedTech
RCKnight,

We sure can, however, they are a bit pricey:

PAL blue aluminum outdrives (with 1 pair of delrin machined blade) = $36.99

Spare delrin machined blades = $7.99 a pack of 2

We special ordered them in before for a local customers, but we are not sure if there are more people that want them. They are very good quality products (as always with Speedway PAL products).

Steve Wang
Steve..
Order some.. ... I`m sure there will be people that need them.since there is a few AE drivers that are running them now
-Dave
Old 05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Tbevofreak,

Yes I race in the supersport class= 12 turn limit, Rubber tires SOREX 32 + Green Inserts from GM, Xenon, Much More or Schumacher (Which seems to have the same compound).
It was very hard to let my tc3 but after a lot of works it begin to be really a very good car.

At the beginning i found that there was to much slop but after i shimmed it and it's good now.
I found that the aluminium Aluminum Arm Mount have less slop and the car is more predictable because it's more stifness but it wheight to much (1550g with GP 3700, full graphites parts, aluminium Arm Mount, lightened Steel Diff Outdrives with little modifications, TC3 center shaft, aluminium screws......)

I put a little carbon fiber top deck between the front and rear transmission case and now the only pieces that twist are the front arms and the steering blocks on fast corner.

In Le Havre everything was good but me. I'll will post my setup soon.

Photos from my car in Le havre :

I've no direct support from A/E but from Racing Model Distribution (The french A/E importer).
Old 05-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by S_fender
Tbevofreak,

Yes I race in the supersport class= 12 turn limit, Rubber tires SOREX 32 + Green Inserts from GM, Xenon, Much More or Schumacher (Which seems to have the same compound).
It was very hard to let my tc3 but after a lot of works it begin to be really a very good car.

At the beginning i found that there was to much slop but after i shimmed it and it's good now.
I found that the aluminium Aluminum Arm Mount have less slop and the car is more predictable because it's more stifness but it wheight to much (1550g with GP 3700, full graphites parts, aluminium Arm Mount, lightened Steel Diff Outdrives with little modifications, TC3 center shaft, aluminium screws......)

I put a little carbon fiber top deck between the front and rear transmission case and now the only pieces that twist are the front arms and the steering blocks on fast corner.

In Le Havre everything was good but me. I'll will post my setup soon.

Photos from my car in Le havre :

I've no direct support from A/E but from Racing Model Distribution (The french A/E importer).
S_fender - Why do you run the short camber link location front and rear?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hopefully none of these questions are redundant or stupid but I’ve went through about 50 pages of this thread and have spent several days browsing this site:

1) Will the TC3 tuning guide work with the TC4 also, is most of it the same for tuning?
2) If you run 4 degree caster blocks, 0 circle shims, and 2 triangle shims (thus –2 anti-dive) does your caster come out to 2 degrees?
3) Is the rear X degrees not noted on any of the setup sheets? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 degrees are available but not noted to my knowledge. What’s the difference from a 2 degree to the 3 degree?
4) On the setup sheets does 1 washer refers to the AE .031-.032 plastic washers or the aluminum .029-.030 washers? Or does .001-.002 make a difference?

Sorry for all the noob questions but I’m just getting ready to start running some on-road stuff. I’m switching from the nitro/electric off-road playing field to the indoor carpet world, so there’s a lot more detail to it!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Steve...

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Steve..
Order some.. ... I`m sure there will be people that need them.since there is a few AE drivers that are running them now
-Dave
Thanks for the advice and feed back guys, we'll start bringing those in on our next shipment from Pal

Steve Wang
Old 05-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody know when that PAL spool will be coming out?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Anybody know when that PAL spool will be coming out?
It`s in the works right now
-Dave
Old 05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nitro-Boy
Hopefully none of these questions are redundant or stupid but I’ve went through about 50 pages of this thread and have spent several days browsing this site:

1) Will the TC3 tuning guide work with the TC4 also, is most of it the same for tuning?
2) If you run 4 degree caster blocks, 0 circle shims, and 2 triangle shims (thus –2 anti-dive) does your caster come out to 2 degrees?
3) Is the rear X degrees not noted on any of the setup sheets? I see 2, 2.5, and 3 degrees are available but not noted to my knowledge. What’s the difference from a 2 degree to the 3 degree?
4) On the setup sheets does 1 washer refers to the AE .031-.032 plastic washers or the aluminum .029-.030 washers? Or does .001-.002 make a difference?

Sorry for all the noob questions but I’m just getting ready to start running some on-road stuff. I’m switching from the nitro/electric off-road playing field to the indoor carpet world, so there’s a lot more detail to it!
Nitro Boy,

1. The basic Idea is the same with both cars but the TC4 has many more adjustments. The biggest difference is the roll center adjustments on the TC4.

2. Yes. Castor is measured at the wheel (the sum of the castor blocks and arm mounts)

3. The 2, 2.5 ,3 refers to the rear toe in only. Less rear toe in gives more corner speed but less traction. More toe in gives more traction but scrubs speed.

4. The aluminum washers. .001-.002 will not make any difference at all but the plastic might distort when you tighten the ball stud. Use the aluminum washers.

Hope this helps.

By the way, those are NOT stupid questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.