Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ricky- I'd suggest you play with droop, front camber and upper camber link shims off of Larry's setup. It sounds like your running the car the same way I did at snowbirds -- L chassis / FFG / no top deck.

Please take note to the shock/spring type 1vs 2 config. Sometimes this setup change is overlooked. Larry was running type 2.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hanulec
Ricky- I'd suggest you play with droop, front camber and upper camber link shims off of Larry's setup. It sounds like your running the car the same way I did at snowbirds -- L chassis / FFG / no top deck.

Please take note to the shock/spring type 1vs 2 config. Sometimes this setup change is overlooked. Larry was running type 2.
I'm running FFG/Alu chassis/ no top deck. I appreciate the tips, I've spent so much time on my xray it's strange learning the little things about a whole new car.

You are definitely right, I did miss that on his setup and I learned previously that it's a huge difference.

I will check that out when I"m back on the carpet on Friday.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looking to find a good used lower deck, C01L. If anyone has one, PM me please.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I know a few guys are going out west.. Good luck out there guys. Wish i could do some traveling right now but work has me on lock down..
Old 05-22-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Our driver Ahn on low grip track in Korea:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=661222223949439

Good luck for our drivers at 2014 Reedy ITCRC !
Old 05-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
I know a few guys are going out west.. Good luck out there guys. Wish i could do some traveling right now but work has me on lock down..
I didn't know your ladies name was Work.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I didn't know your ladies name was Work.
It is when you have two!

Monti
Old 05-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
My congratulations!
Please inform your setups.
Here is the set up from Toledo

Monti
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-image.jpg  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Monti
It is when you have two!

Monti
Ssssssshhhhhhhh..........
Old 05-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey is there anybody local to the northwest that has a couple parts im looking for. or that could mail them to me asap? i broke my car in a tumble after hitting a dot on a square corner and hit the wall pretty hard. im in need of a few p07's p03's and 2 p01's. got bumped by a few rookies and the p01's got popped loose and rubbed on the rim pretty badly.. could be replaced but they still stay on but i would like to replace them. if anybody could spare a few parts ide really appreciate it. i can paypal for the parts. thanks, doug.

im only asking due to awesomatix being closed and they are going to be at the reedy so i cant get parts for my race next weekend.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
hey is there anybody local to the northwest that has a couple parts im looking for. or that could mail them to me asap? i broke my car in a tumble after hitting a dot on a square corner and hit the wall pretty hard. im in need of a few p07's p03's and 2 p01's. got bumped by a few rookies and the p01's got popped loose and rubbed on the rim pretty badly.. could be replaced but they still stay on but i would like to replace them. if anybody could spare a few parts ide really appreciate it. i can paypal for the parts. thanks, doug.

im only asking due to awesomatix being closed and they are going to be at the reedy so i cant get parts for my race next weekend.
http://www.apexrcproshop.com/ they usually have a good stock of parts and ship quickly.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dragonracing

Apexrcproshop.com we have parts
Old 05-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

At our local club track in Segrate, in both 13.5 stock and 13.5 no limit classes, Awesomatix are on top of the list. After 3 meetings with TQ, fastest lap and 1st in all finals, the car is getting more and more popular. During the last race it was a C01AL v Raceberry comparison. Reassuming in a few words, i haven't noticed major differences, both chassis worked great at our track.
So i said to my self, why not combining both chassis in one .....!
Next race at the beatifull "Parona" race track, i will attend a few new Awesomatix owners, which have been captured by the car's performance.

Last edited by ropezz; 05-24-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hanulec

Okay, spent some more time with the car today. With larry's setup as my base;

Droop to 2.5 ORH
1k rear diff
2.5m front gear diff (from spool)

still running no top deck

Picked up about .2 consistent, but more importantly made the car more forgiving and less aggressive driving required to get it around the track.

1 Week till our series starts, and I'm pretty happy with the stock car. Now I have to get my mod car in order.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

built the rear universals and they both felt pretty tight. Says that they will become free once the wheel is mounted, but the joints are still tight even after torquing down the wheel. Did I miss something here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.