Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Freddy!

I'm considering trying my "old" car again just to prove to myself it isn't just the car ! Nah, sometimes it is better to be ignorant !!!

edit :
ok, gotta share this I just read from the the race report :

" Stock TC was the Jake show, though not without some effort on the part of Brian, Lem, and Brett to stave off the inevitable. However, the Slavic Humor Sensation was simply too Awesomatix to be stopped, as he railed the north end S's like a pan car driver and left the fans gasping. "

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 01-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

question to jake
what weight diff oil are you useing ?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

1000 CST ( just fixed the setup sheet. thanks )

To be honest I haven't had much time to test anything other.

Jake D.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM
piper48

Jake, that car is on rails buddy. Hard entry, great mid corner speed, and awesome launch out. I've seen my fair share of smooth driving cars this ones the best so far. I gotta admit, I thought the car was all hype but you got that thing working great. Just for shits n giggles, you should break out the TC6 next time.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jake,

Congratulations for winning!

Additional fixing of the middle bearing on the steering plate:

1. Remove by needle file or sandpaper the anodisation layer on the contact area of AM10 part under this bearing.
2. Remove the anodisation layers on the contact area of AM10 part and SH1.0 shim under SB3x6 screw.
2. Use Loctite threadlocker between inner ring of this bearing, SH1.0 shim and AM10.

Comment: Threadlocker can't stick to the anodized surface. So you must remove anodisation from contact areas.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Oleg,

I will try this.

Jake D.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default SRS II

I notice most set ups use SRS II for spring adjustment. Assume this makes the spring rate softer, just wondering if there were any other benefits apart from this.

Thanks Alan
Old 01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mazmo
I notice most set ups use SRS II for spring adjustment. Assume this makes the spring rate softer, just wondering if there were any other benefits apart from this.

Thanks Alan
One thing SRSII allows is heavier damper ratio vs. spring rate.

Jake D.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
One thing SRSII allows is heavier damper ratio vs. spring rate.

Jake D.
Thanks Jake... and congrats on your win
Old 01-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff
To be honest I don't have a video. Maybe I can make one at next practice. The track had some hairpins but also long sweepers.

The dampening feels good. Nearly to normal shocks in standard cars and similiar to Ronalds Yokomo.

Here is a picture of the track:
http://www.odw-raceway.de/wp-content...1/IMG_0003.jpg
Thanks. How do you get 5mm in the front, guide dampner?
Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Oleg,

Have you considered going from a 3 bearing steering plate to a 4 bearing steering plate?

At full-steering lock, tapping the board can derail the steering rack. Had a couple of occurrences past weekend.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

hi,
i have heard many great things about this car and im looking at getting one what parts should i buy additionally and also does option tunning parts come in the kit.
thanks,
jake
Old 01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake95
hi,
i have heard many great things about this car and im looking at getting one what parts should i buy additionally and also does option tunning parts come in the kit.
thanks,
jake

- Awesomatix A700 - Mark Dawson - Nice-to-have parts -

PRIORITY 1 - GOOD TO HAVE DAY 1

1. A single complete universal (Page 5) - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.
2. 1 set of either bronze, round or c-clip bushings (Page 5)
3. SPR07 - E-ring. Very tiny and critical to keeping the clips/bushings in place
4. QTY 1 - C04 Arm - haven't broken one to date but a good just-in-case
5. QTY 1 - P04 Lower Hub Mount - could elongate on serious crash
6. QTY 1 - P01/P02 - Specialized to the A700 and critical to front/rear suspension
7. QTY 1 - Ball End Set - Not specialized for the A700, Kyosho offer similar and upgrade HARD ends.
8. QTY 1 - Long Turnbuckle - the suspension has to have some place to absorb collision. Have bent/broken one of these.
9. QTY 1 - Short Turnbuckle - same as above.

PRIORITY 2 - UNLIKELY YOU WILL NEED RIGHT AWAY - BUT IF IT GOES BAD, YOU ARE PREPARED

1. QTY 2 - B106RS Bearings - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.
2. QTY 1 - SPR01 - haven't bent one - could potential straighten if needed
3. QTY 1 - SPR02 - haven't bent one - could potential straighten if needed
4. QTY 1 - P09 - frequent changes to suspension might wear plastic part
5. QTY 1 - Gear Diff Rebuild Kit - follow Olegs modification instructions. Surely may not have to rebuild a rear-installed gear diff. But if you run a front gear diff with putty - it might wear faster than the rear.
6. QTY 1 - Extra Spool - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.
7. QTY 1 - AT04 - Drive Shaft - - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

My revised suggested parts list.

1. A single complete universal (Page 5) - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.1 set of either bronze, round or c-clip bushings (Page 5)
2. SPR07 - E-ring. Very tiny and critical to keeping the clips/bushings in place
3. QTY 1 - P04 Lower Hub Mount - could elongate on serious crash
4. QTY 1 - P01/P02 - Specialized to the A700 and critical to front/rear suspension
5. QTY 1 - Ball End Set - Not specialized for the A700, Kyosho offers similar and upgrade HARD ends.
6. QTY 1 - Long Turnbuckle - the suspension has to have some place to absorb collision. Have bent/broken one of these.
7. QTY 1 - Short Turnbuckle - same as above.

PRIORITY 2 - UNLIKELY YOU WILL NEED RIGHT AWAY - BUT IF IT GOES BAD, YOU ARE PREPARED
1. QTY 1 - C04 Arm - haven't broken one to date but a good just-in-case
5. QTY 1 - Gear Diff Rebuild Kit - follow Olegs modification instructions. Surely may not have to rebuild a rear-installed gear diff. But if you run a front gear diff with putty - it might wear faster than the rear.
6. QTY 1 - Extra Spool - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.
7. QTY 1 - AT04 - Drive Shaft - - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.

PRIORITY 3 – CHECK TO REBUILD AFTER 1000 LAPS
1. QTY 2 - B106RS Bearings - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MDawson
My revised suggested parts list.

1. A single complete universal (Page 5) - haven't worn one out or had any failures - typically like to have spares for essential drivetrain components.1 set of either bronze, round or c-clip bushings (Page 5)
2. SPR07 - E-ring. Very tiny and critical to keeping the clips/bushings in place
3. QTY 1 - P04 Lower Hub Mount - could elongate on serious crash
4. QTY 1 - P01/P02 - Specialized to the A700 and critical to front/rear suspension
5. QTY 1 - Ball End Set - Not specialized for the A700, Kyosho offers similar and upgrade HARD ends.
6. QTY 1 - Long Turnbuckle - the suspension has to have some place to absorb collision. Have bent/broken one of these.
7. QTY 1 - Short Turnbuckle - same as above.

1. QTY 1 - C04 Arm - haven't broken one to date but a good just-in-case

PRIORITY 3 – CHECK TO REBUILD AFTER 1000 LAPS
hi,
thanks for fast reply ill go with priority list 1 ive only broke a hub all year in the xray in mod so that stuff should be alright then.also does it come with the tunning options with the kit
thanks,
jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.