Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnson.t
car is amazing!! fast and easy to drive!....had the chance to race it this past sat on carpet..took tq in Rcgt but end up 2nd in the main....first time this car been on carpet too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQy...e_gdata_player
Did you use the kit setup?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
Did you use the kit setup?

no i didnt...i put my own set up on there.. i was surprise it worked! gonna do some more testing this week
Old 01-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wtcc
Sorry, but this is not true. ThunderTiger will get the first kits in January... So no 6.2 for christmas
jep indeed, i still waiting, so i orderd in the meantime the new RSD springs.
I hope it will be quick now, because my TC6.1 is already sold.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:33 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by johnson.t
car is amazing!! fast and easy to drive!....had the chance to race it this past sat on carpet..took tq in Rcgt but end up 2nd in the main....first time this car been on carpet too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQy...e_gdata_player
Aren't you glad you raced it now?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Aren't you glad you raced it now?

yes i am steve.....back like socal days now with the tc3
Old 01-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Started putting my 6.2 together using the Hohwart setup sheet and I have a few questions. I have only been in Touring for a few months now so please excuse the rookie questions. Under the Alignment section; (wheelbase 1mm front 1mm rear, are htese shims that I am placing somewere?) Shocks (HPI Silver, what is the spring rate of these or what are the RSD equivalant?) Thanks.

http://teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_a...ya_10-2013.pdf
Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

The wheelbase check the back of the manual for that and google the springs and find the lbs and match it up
Old 01-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
Started putting my 6.2 together using the Hohwart setup sheet and I have a few questions. I have only been in Touring for a few months now so please excuse the rookie questions. Under the Alignment section; (wheelbase 1mm front 1mm rear, are htese shims that I am placing somewere?) Shocks (HPI Silver, what is the spring rate of these or what are the RSD equivalant?) Thanks.

Those shims go on the lower arm hinge pins to set the wheelbase as these arms can be spaced forward or back to change wheelbase length and weight bias.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp

The shims are used to change the wheelbase of the car like already mentioned. If you look carefully at the setup sheet, you will see that the wheelbase line points towards the space between the arm and the "outside" mount. When the setting is listed as 1mm, you place a 1 mm spacer in this position. Note that you will have to put 2 mm of spacing on the other side of the arm ... Between the arm and the "inside" mount... to take up the remaining space so that there is no shop in the suspension.

Regarding the springs, I believe an RSD purple is equivalent. The rate measures out between 16.2 and 16.9 depending on the gauge, method, and measurer!

Hope this helps!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Ran the stock set up on the 6.2 tonight it was good but it rolled WAYY too much so I went to kevins set up to the best of my ability im sure I would have gotten it a bit better if it was on a 6.2 set up sheet... but the car wasnt too bad only .3tenths off but very consistent looking forward to Friday
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Raced my TC6.2 for the first time last night and it was a beast. I got to the track late so no practice just straight qualifiers and I was on pace immediately. Made the A main and finished 3rd. THIS WAS WITH NO PRACTICE! I can't wait to start putting some work in on this car. Easy to drive, very consistent and deceptively fast.

If you are still wondering if you should click that buy button. ......... CLICK THE BUTTON
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Lol my local hobby shop has one waiting for me. Ive had the exotek conversion on my 6.1 and if this car is as good i know the car is an animal. I wanted to try a xray t4 2014 which i really like but i thought my tc6 tek felt better.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
Lol my local hobby shop has one waiting for me. Ive had the exotek conversion on my 6.1 and if this car is as good i know the car is an animal. I wanted to try a xray t4 2014 which i really like but i thought my tc6 tek felt better.
You should hop in your car, turn the key, place the gear shifter in "drive" mode and start heading to the local hobby shop and tame the animal.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Having trouble with the build. When mounting the pins for holding A arms. The outer arm mounts don't line up with screw holes in chassis. I've tried removing the spacers to no avail. What am I doing wrong. This is for front and rear.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

push harder to clip the plastic parts in the aluminum mounts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.