Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Does anyone have one of these that they'd be willing to sell?

for Team Durango DEX210 DESC210 #1383, ,(1383) by Exotek Racing Alloy Aluminum RR LRC HANGER TYPE B CHASSIS

Doesn't look like Exotek sells the 0 degree version anymore and I don't want to wait a month for one to come from Asia.
I don't have one, but I will say, SOMETIMES, RCmart is quick lol. I got a spare Exotek CF chassis for one of my 210's from them and it came in a little over a week.

Btw, anyone want an Exotek CF chassis for a good price? I may consider only keeping one since i now have so many chassis precautions (Front skid, chassis protector) that I may never actually need it lol.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Does anyone have one of these that they'd be willing to sell?

for Team Durango DEX210 DESC210 #1383, ,(1383) by Exotek Racing Alloy Aluminum RR LRC HANGER TYPE B CHASSIS

Doesn't look like Exotek sells the 0 degree version anymore and I don't want to wait a month for one to come from Asia.
Pretty sure I have one with the red and black shims. I went back to stock Durango parts on my DEST which uses the same part. I'll check in my shop later this evening.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Pretty sure I have one with the red and black shims. I went back to stock Durango parts on my DEST which uses the same part. I'll check in my shop later this evening.
Aren't the shims only for the Exo RF hanger though?
Speaking of that, can't you use the shims on the RF hanger to get the same geometry out of the setup without having to get the 0 degree RR hanger?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Aren't the shims only for the Exo RF hanger though?
Speaking of that, can't you use the shims on the RF hanger to get the same geometry out of the setup without having to get the 0 degree RR hanger?
You know what, you're right. I typed in the part number and my browser brought up the RF with the shims... I do have an Exotek RR but it's the LRC +.5

sorry was going off my memory. Which isn't to be trusted lol
Old 08-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alan_r
You know what, you're right. I typed in the part number and my browser brought up the RF with the shims... I do have an Exotek RR but it's the LRC +.5

sorry was going off my memory. Which isn't to be trusted lol
lol no worries, I totally feel you on the untrustworthy memory. Especially lately for myself.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks to some kind British hobby shop workers, I was able to complete my quest for 12mm hexes all around without using Durango's 12mm front axles (I'm still going to confirm if the Exotek hexes work with the axles though). I must admit, I had a goofy smile on my face as I opened up the package this morning lol.

Now it's time to use all of my bearing and 14mm wheels without regard so I can get off that stuff and start using something more standard.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

As this may be my last practice session for a month or so, I thought it was appropriate to get some new paint for the ExoDex. I went with a TLR 22 3.0 lightweight body that I was able to get for a great price thanks to a generous seller on eBay It fits great aside from the slight hackjob I performed to trim around the motor plate and the front end. But it'll be nice to have a form fitting body instead of my rickety old DEX210 RTR body for practice lol It's a Durango in disguise!

On a side note. The Bugle Boy Racing gear cover worked pretty well. It requires some trimming as it's basically just very thick lexan molded to form, but once cut proper, it fits like a glove. And seems to give me more room in the pinion area hehe. Perhaps I will test the upper limits of my Maclan's temperature threshold just for fun
Old 08-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Thanks for keeping the thread alive and thanks again for the parts all came in.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by peter george
Thanks for keeping the thread alive and thanks again for the parts all came in.
No sweat my friend I'm happy to help keep another Durango going a little while longer.

Besides, I can't quit until I get this thing on a podium! And that may take a while lol.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone with advice on this would be greatly appreciated. So I know the ExoDex from Fred seems to be built around the HRC parts. But running on med-high bite clay, what would the difference be if I were to run the -2mm LRC RR hanger? What sort of change would I experience in handling? Less body roll?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone with advice on this would be greatly appreciated. So I know the ExoDex from Fred seems to be built around the HRC parts. But running on med-high bite clay, what would the difference be if I were to run the -2mm LRC RR hanger? What sort of change would I experience in handling? Less body roll?
More body roll which would load the left and right tyres more evenly and make the car more predictable and controllable when it slides. Direction change would be slowed down compared with hrc.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pistol123
More body roll which would load the left and right tyres more evenly and make the car more predictable and controllable when it slides. Direction change would be slowed down compared with hrc.
Thank you for the explanation sounds like I'll be bringing the -2mm hanger to try out this weekend.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for the explanation sounds like I'll be bringing the -2mm hanger to try out this weekend.
It's my personal opinion that the LRC option is a geometry mistake and should never be used under any circumstances.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's official...

BREAKING: Hobbico officially pulled the plug on Team Durango :: LiveRC.com - R/C Car News, Pictures, Videos, and More
EbbTide likes this.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love how it says "Due to market conditions..", instead of saying we (Hobbico) didn't support the product.
Kremzeek likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.