Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP9 compared to Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bogi
It's just like any other industry...say bicycles for instance. You really don't need a top of the line full suspension Cannondale mountain bike to ride to the river trail but if you have the dough why not?

It's your money....get what makes you happy. I have owned other cars and driven every single one of the cars mentioned at my local track before I bought my car. I liked the MP9, Xray and the 2.0. MP9 made me smile....
If you have a lot of dough you'd certain shoot much higher than a Cannondale, that's for sure!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAHAHA! Very true.....just trying to make a point though. But you have a great point also.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

I don't own a D8 I have a Losi mister know it all .... RCpro Finals Please who was there???
Be real with yourself only 3 paid factory drivers where there, others where racing somewhere else I forget where I know it was in California though Kyosho not so well there lol

You won't win at the next Worlds we all know that LMAO

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
How'd the D8 go at the RCPro finals? I know the MP9 went OK.
We'll see you at the next worlds final will we?

As far as it being no xray, that's true, it's Kyosho, I know I like what I see

Run what you want, and leave the self justification out of it.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

No worries Tough Guy
Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

please guys

buy what you feel you need and no need for name callin' !!!!

i personally love kyosho products and will always love kyosho , (could be a regional sponsored driver but haven't pressed the issue) their products are second to none and most of the tean are super cool guys to interact with !!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
No worries Tough Guy
Always a guy thousands of miles away
Please don't hit me with a boomerang
Good Day Mate LMAO

Last edited by njballa; 12-02-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: laughing too hard
Old 12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

just another one of these threads again.

sigh........
Old 12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by x195svt
There were only two prototype parts on the D8 that are not available yet. One is the prototype lightweight chassis and the other is the aluminum center CVD outdrives and that is it!! The other parts were off other Hotbodies or HPI cars.

You forget that three STOCK D8's placed in the Amain at the worlds so I don't want to hear this about how a stock D8 cannot compete with the others in this class. In fact I bet most of us drivers can't take full advantage of all the extra upgrades that Hara had. Now i'm sure it can be made better with those upgrades just as I'm sure the Kyosho boys can find ways to make the MP9 better.

As long as your happy with your 750+ dollar purchase I'm happy for you. I could not justify spending that much on a unassembled uncomplete toy car.
Please get your facts straight all across the board son! I didnt pay any where near that tag. Try just over the price of the greatest buggy in the world the D8.lol $500. Once again you children speak of things you have no clue of. Keep up the entertainment!! As for D8 your clearly a retard if that statment offended u skippy.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bogi
I don't think there too pissy....seeing how they have a lot of titles to look at in there trophy case but I think they wanted to put out a car that had good quality parts and take no short cuts on material.

I think the D8 handles great but from what i've seen at my local track the D8 requires a lot spare parts. Even Travis had a DNF at a big race at my local track in the main.

Even Hara knows that the stock box car isn't good enough to win..that's why he took parts from another car to make it better. I'm sure the new car will be better but that remains to be seen.
God I hope they have some trophys in the case since they have been at for along time. But trophies don't always show the big picture. Yes Hara was modified alittle but 2 D8's wasn't they finished high in the running order wasn't. But from all the pics from the worlds I seen alot of other cars modified too. I'm betting the kyosho was too you willing to take that bet??????

I have RC8 I'm very happy with it. You know it almost got the world title wasn't for a glow plug we can go on and on about what if's
Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by pitpop
Kyosho doesn't have issues with the bushings, we haven't touched them for months. I've forgotten they are even there.

Comparing these two cars is an exercise in futility (for that matter, so is my post in this thread! ). D8 users AND MP9 users will defend their cars to the death, for opposite reasons. It's just the way it is.

Comparing the D8 to the MP9 is ludicrous. NO CAR has the quality Kyosho has in the steering knuckles, hard-anoed aluminum pivot balls, super high quality drive train, bearings, etc., etc.

Cody's chassis was box stock at the Worlds... period. Not only that, I didn't replace anything on Sunday. After we made the main, allot of people were telling me "replace this, replace that", and I'm like, "no thanks." I just did it like we always do it, leave it alone.

This right here is you jumping up and down telling everyone this is what makes us the best. We are going to win everything what the car drives by itself??? Sorry BUT these things don't make you the best in fact there really isn't the best car out there.

In the last part of your statement I don't believe that at all since it's one of the biggest races. Why would you take the chance on not putting new parts on especially drivetrain parts. Umm maybe thats why it didn't win.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Are any of the lipo rx pack users adding weight to make the lipo weight the same as a nimh pack?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DWood
Please get your facts straight all across the board son! I didnt pay any where near that tag. Try just over the price of the greatest buggy in the world the D8.lol $500. Once again you children speak of things you have no clue of. Keep up the entertainment!! As for D8 your clearly a retard if that statment offended u skippy.
First of all I have never seen the MP9 for 500. So excuse me for thinking you paid what I have seen advertised all over the internet. Second I never said that the D8 was the best buggy in the world. I just said that the buggy is competetive with the best. Beside what you paid for your MP9 where were my facts not straight?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
This right here is you jumping up and down telling everyone this is what makes us the best. We are going to win everything what the car drives by itself??? Sorry BUT these things don't make you the best in fact there really isn't the best car out there.

In the last part of your statement I don't believe that at all since it's one of the biggest races. Why would you take the chance on not putting new parts on especially drivetrain parts. Umm maybe thats why it didn't win.
WOW... thats aweful bold, to call out someone like that. Paul and Cody King are prolly the 2 most open people and competative in this industry. And they welcomed anyone with open arms to look at their cars, and ask questions. Heck, i was right there while PK was putting the car back together for the A main.. I didnt see the worlds car, however i did see the car at the RCpro National Finals. And that car was bone stock. With the exception of shock pistons maybe drilled or something.. but everything on the car, looked exactly like my car. Everything.

I not sayin the car is the best for you.. you buy whats best for you. But coming on here and saying he didnt run a bone stock car.. when the car was just released.. with all the options there is currently for the car.. is a bold statement..

Last edited by dgrobe2112; 12-03-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by njballa
I don't own a D8 I have a Losi mister know it all .... RCpro Finals Please who was there???
Be real with yourself only 3 paid factory drivers where there, others where racing somewhere else I forget where I know it was in California though Kyosho not so well there lol

You won't win at the next Worlds we all know that LMAO
Only 3?? Lets see who all was there..

Ryan Lutz Kyosho
Cody King Kyosho
Ryan Cavalieri Associated
Taylor Peterson Odonnel
Josh Wheeler Xray
Gene Hickerson CEN
Jason Branham Xray
Kyle Skidmore Associated
Trevor Turner Kyosho
Micheal Paige Kyosho

Im sure there are more..
Old 12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
D8
Tech Master

HEY DWOOD... you need to stop your name calling in this forum, THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT!!.. I just looked at all your post and comments under your profile and you need to relax dude. there is no need for a lot of the things you say.. you have a very narrow mind

back to the subject...
Kyosho is one of the oldest RC brands in the market, they have been around for ever and allways had great products, but the reality is that $800 is alot of cash... I guess that Kyosho Inc and their fans hopes that Tebo puts the MP9 back on the podium like they used to, and would help them to justify the price of it, but who knows cuz I don't really care... anyways, if you have the $ to pay for the MP9 then get it, get what makes you happy!! now, the MP9 proto and the D8 proto hit the tracks around the same time on the hands of just a few guys, or maybe the D8 proto was first, but since the second half of the year the D8 has been able to performed flawless at every top race, and that says a lot about a $350 dollar buggy., the MP9 not so good but it should be able to get way better results on the hands of Tebo..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.