Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@white03: As far as budget ESC's go, I think the speed passion stuff should be mentioned. I've had great luck with it so far. Last couple years have been solid.

http://www.speedpassion.net/reventon/reventonr.asp

Good down to a 7.5T motor. Comes with the programming card as well. You should be able to score a great motor and ESC combo for $100. I've recently switched from Orion VST motors to speed passion. They are smoother and faster in my experience so far and I've had great support from Speed Passion. They answer email and live chat. They send out free advanced replacement parts when there is a problem.

You may even try looking for a used Reventon Pro ESC as they don't really wear out. Just make sure you get all the wires and capacitors if possible. They recently released a newer version 1.1 and the older version is almost exactly the same. 1.1 has some minor changes that are mostly internal (slightly lower resistance). That means the 1.0 versions will probably be running around ebay and craiglist and perhaps here in the F/S section.

Good luck!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SOuthernFRIED
For every driver that's on a track there is some "expert" on the sidelines saying he is doing it wrong. This extends to every area of life
Well if my girlfriend says I am "doing it wrong", then I am in trouble and I will need to worry.
(and I am not talking about setups)
Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Okay, today I did it. I pulled the trigger on a trakpower ms-1 system in 17.5. So now I have to get it all installed and soldered up. I'm looking forward to getting the programmer for this system. My dex210 should be awesome with this system. From what I have read from reviews that the Tp systems are super smooth, even on 3s lipo. I cant wait to drive this buggy. My expectations are high!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Amainhobbies shows the V2 kit in stock now. It's out!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOuthernFRIED
For every driver that's on a track there is some "expert" on the sidelines saying he is doing it wrong. This extends to every area of life
There is also usually a person incapable of arguing with them on their own merit so they immediately tell them to go argue with someone else who is supposed to be smarter.

Often the person on the sidelines telling others how to do things is called coach. Just sayin...
Old 04-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

lol.. and you know the old saying opinions are like....

just sayin
Old 04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

I'm definitely one of those. No denying that!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
@white03: As far as budget ESC's go, I think the speed passion stuff should be mentioned. I've had great luck with it so far. Last couple years have been solid.

http://www.speedpassion.net/reventon/reventonr.asp

Good down to a 7.5T motor. Comes with the programming card as well. You should be able to score a great motor and ESC combo for $100. I've recently switched from Orion VST motors to speed passion. They are smoother and faster in my experience so far and I've had great support from Speed Passion. They answer email and live chat. They send out free advanced replacement parts when there is a problem.

You may even try looking for a used Reventon Pro ESC as they don't really wear out. Just make sure you get all the wires and capacitors if possible. They recently released a newer version 1.1 and the older version is almost exactly the same. 1.1 has some minor changes that are mostly internal (slightly lower resistance). That means the 1.0 versions will probably be running around ebay and craiglist and perhaps here in the F/S section.

Good luck!
Another thumbs up for Speed passion had no issues well priced reliable and perform very nice super smooth power delivery,also easy motor swaps is a bonus.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I second Speed Passion, I've had great luck (primarily using their motors) but having the motor leads as bullets is a huge plus.

Also, wanted to say hello. I am a new DEX210 owner. I've been reading the last 50 or so pages before I posted anything. Still waiting to get my DEX210 (V1) in the mail. Going to compare it to my B4.2 and make a decision on which to keep. In general I definitely like that the DEX210 thread is still alive as the B4.2 thread has died essentially. At any rate, I will try and remain active on the thread (I know many of you long time drivers see racers come and go). I am just learning the art of setup and hope to utilize your guys knowledge.

Since I purchased used I'm not 100% on if it will come with all the tuning parts that the DEX210 usually do. If it does I will make sure to get your guys opinions on my setup. My current debate is MM over RM. The track is hard packed dirt and has a new layout I have yet to race. From the sounds of it the track is tight, no long straights, and very technical. I raced a MM DESC210 and loved the way it flew and cornered on the track (with the previous layout). So I am thinking I may try and get MM working on the DEX. First thing I plan to do is install my avid slipper (white, red, white) and either the 81 or 84 tooth to increase my FGR for more acceleration.

Sorry for being so long winded!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

If your debate is MM vs RM , the 210 is the perfect car. You've got both.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SPFDheli
I second Speed Passion, I've had great luck (primarily using their motors) but having the motor leads as bullets is a huge plus.

Also, wanted to say hello. I am a new DEX210 owner. I've been reading the last 50 or so pages before I posted anything. Still waiting to get my DEX210 (V1) in the mail. Going to compare it to my B4.2 and make a decision on which to keep. In general I definitely like that the DEX210 thread is still alive as the B4.2 thread has died essentially. At any rate, I will try and remain active on the thread (I know many of you long time drivers see racers come and go). I am just learning the art of setup and hope to utilize your guys knowledge.

Since I purchased used I'm not 100% on if it will come with all the tuning parts that the DEX210 usually do. If it does I will make sure to get your guys opinions on my setup. My current debate is MM over RM. The track is hard packed dirt and has a new layout I have yet to race. From the sounds of it the track is tight, no long straights, and very technical. I raced a MM DESC210 and loved the way it flew and cornered on the track (with the previous layout). So I am thinking I may try and get MM working on the DEX. First thing I plan to do is install my avid slipper (white, red, white) and either the 81 or 84 tooth to increase my FGR for more acceleration.

Sorry for being so long winded!
If your DESC is working with MM on your track, then I am sure going MM on the DEX will work as well. And the Avid with the red in the center is an excellent choice.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

Who here keeps two cars…one for RM and one for MM? Or do you switch it up when you need it? I'm wondering if I should keep my current V1 car for this purpose….(I'll probably upgrade the parts to V2) when I buy a V2 car. We have a multi track series here so I'm thinking it may be a lot easier to have my RM motor car ready to go for certain tracks. Hot Rod hobbies I think….who knows…need to try my MM setup everywhere first.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I run the avid slipper on all my 10th scales. That red pad in the middle does wonders, should be even better for the new layout which emphasizes acceleration. Looks like I made the right decision on a new buggy. Now I'm debating on the V2 upgrades. The main being the +8mm chassis.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Riddle me this set up guru's: have been running really strong with my V2 for the past month on our track layout. New layout goes in, buggy is still really good however under braking and weight transfer the rear end is getting light. Side bite is good, forward bite is good, rotation is good.

Anti squat is 0 Rf and -2 rear with 3 degrees of tow.

I've got an idea of where I want to go with the first change, but am curious to hear your opinion.

Thanks,
Old 04-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knowitall156
Riddle me this set up guru's: have been running really strong with my V2 for the past month on our track layout. New layout goes in, buggy is still really good however under braking and weight transfer the rear end is getting light. Side bite is good, forward bite is good, rotation is good.

Anti squat is 0 Rf and -2 rear with 3 degrees of tow.

I've got an idea of where I want to go with the first change, but am curious to hear your opinion.

Thanks,
I say less rear droop if it is on heavy braking for a corner and all else is good with the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.