Search

ORCA Team - VRITRA VX COMPETITON ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Penz316
Hi,

Is they are someone else who are running 17.5T Blinky with the Orca VX VRITRA ? Before, I was running a Tekin RS (very brutal but seen to have more top speed).

For now I have :

Innital brake : 30
Drag brake : 0
Brake Freq : 1k
Punch : 10
PWM : 8k (Maybe try 32k ? Does that make a big difference ?)

Motor : Novak Ballistic
I would turn down your initial brake setting. everything else looks ok for 17.5 blinky!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi,

Is they are someone else who are running 17.5T Blinky with the Orca VX VRITRA ? Before, I was running a Tekin RS (very brutal but seen to have more top speed).

For now I have :

Innital brake : 30
Drag brake : 0
Brake Freq : 1k
Punch : 10
PWM : 8k (Maybe try 32k ? Does that make a big difference ?)

Motor : Novak Ballistic
Definitely have the wrong gearing or something!!
I was able to gear my car to the point where it was too fast and needed to slow it down.. Also noticed the temps on my motor were much lower than with my old RS, I calibrated it and uploaded the 3.0 and it was perfect with default settings but I'm going to get some help with the settings when I start racing outdoors this coming Saturday.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ongbenghui
Anyone know what is the size of the thru-hole on the PCB for Battery & Motor connection ? I want to know if QTEQ connector will work on Orca VX-1.

See http://www.multiverse.jp/QTEQ/englis...rterminal.html
They are ok. I use them on VX-1 and VX regular.

cheers
Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JOE SI
Definitely have the wrong gearing or something!!
I was able to gear my car to the point where it was too fast and needed to slow it down.. Also noticed the temps on my motor were much lower than with my old RS, I calibrated it and uploaded the 3.0 and it was perfect with default settings but I'm going to get some help with the settings when I start racing outdoors this coming Saturday.
Well,

i'm running between 4 and 4,5 FDR.

I've run this week-end and it's was better ... I remove timing on the motor (Ballistic) and it's start to work's pretty good.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Well,

i'm running between 4 and 4,5 FDR.

I've run this week-end and it's was better ... I remove timing on the motor (Ballistic) and it's start to work's pretty good.
I'm at 96/46 3.9 fdr and its fast for the track I've been going to cause its small
( thunder power 17.5 35 degrees timing) the motor doesn't even get hot to touch but if I geared lower it would be to fast for a small track with a lot of turns...
Go up in pinion size and watch temps and you'll be a lot faster, don't go above 160-170 degrees
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all, was just after some advice. Is it possible to use the new orca vx1 esc for 2 cell mod touring? All the parameters seem the same as the vx and the only thing I can really notice is the lower heat sink so I guess heat might be an issue. Any thoughts would be great.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AKRacing
Hey all, was just after some advice. Is it possible to use the new orca vx1 esc for 2 cell mod touring? All the parameters seem the same as the vx and the only thing I can really notice is the lower heat sink so I guess heat might be an issue. Any thoughts would be great.
only for s1
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does this speedo have solder holes like Lrp or posts like orion R10? What does the back end of the speed control look like?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Last edited by MDawson; 04-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Authorized ORCA Dealers

Just want to give an update to some new Authorized ORCA dealers in the US. These are shops that are selling the ORCA products here in the US now. Any other shops interested in carrying the line can contact me as well.

Awesomeatix USA (Mike Hanulec).
Superior Hobbies, Orlando FL
Osmon Racing products. California.
Middle River Hobbies. Maryland.
Team EAM. Tennessee.

There are several others in the process of setting up accounts and getting the products in stock.

Thanks!

EA
Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Does this speedo have solder holes like Lrp or posts like orion R10? What does the back end of the speed control look like?
first version was holes new version has postes
Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craig W
first version was holes new version has postes
Do you mean the Vritra VX now comes with posts like the VX-1 has?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I went to the Orca web site and I cant find the specs for each esc. It gives some detail but not motor limit or Amp output. I would like to have more details before investing in a new product.
Also more info on the interface. I hear about a chip and a usb. Do I need to buy something to program the esc? I guess i just need to call. Feels so old fashion.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I went to the Orca web site and I cant find the specs for each esc. It gives some detail but not motor limit or Amp output. I would like to have more details before investing in a new product.
Also more info on the interface. I hear about a chip and a usb. Do I need to buy something to program the esc? I guess i just need to call. Feels so old fashion.
go under the support tab (orca website) and look undert the manual.

over 4.5 turn motors
peak curent of 720a

etc...

you will need to buy the usb link to upgrade to the 3.0 version, but i think they all come w/ that now anyway.

you will need to buy the program card to program the esc to your liking. the esc is so nice, you won't hear anyone complain about it. Very smooth, easy to program w/ card, no need for computer.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I'd recommend this ESC to anyone and everyone, I feel it gets better every time I run it.. The program card has the newest software installed from the factory. The program card is so easy to use and its not plastic like other program boxes, it's aluminum.
On another note, on my way to the track this morning I spilled my 20oz coffee while driving, with my car on the passenger seat and you know the rest. Thought it was going to be out of service but I plugged it in and it was fine ( smells like coffee though). Because it works after literally getting soaked in coffee, I will buy another just to have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.