Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug M
There is a very good chance that this race will be on the new expanded track at Homestead RC Raceway.

We are rushing for completion in time because of the great turnout expected for this event. There will also be a much higher and longer drivers stand that will easily be able to accommodate 15 or more drivers during practice.

Homestead RC Raceway is looking forward to having all of the GT Racers entered having a great time and provide you with a memorable racing experience.
Doug,

That's great news, our GT event is getting even better!

OK racers, get them cars ready....... it's on!

Is it March yet?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Doug,

You are the man. It is understandable how you guys are making Homestead one of the best tracks in the country. Great news.

Paul
Old 12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the info DOUG !! AMAZING !!!

Now ... can you bring us details about the expansion of the track ? (layout ?, mesures ?), wow !!

cya !!!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GT Speed Freak
Interesting stuff SteveP. I did not know that insulating the engine had such a potentially positive effect. The points you layed out make sense. Thank you.

I plan to shoot that video comparison saturday so I hope the weather cooperates. It will be a good addition to the conversation. It will be cool to get some real numbers.
GT - something to consider: you may not want to cut all the relief holes in the chassis for two reasons - the durability would increase without the holes (or at least with fewer holes), and it raises the CG by installing a lighter chassis. Now, if the car is grossly overweight it makes more sense to go as light as possible and adjust the rest of the car to accommodate, but that's not the case with the GT cars. As I understand it, rules are being written to keep the weight limit reasonable so you don't need to spend a fortune to get down to minimum. It looks really cool with all the holes, but it may run better without, and I'm sure it will cost a lot less to manufacture. The chassis is the best place to be carrying extra weight because it's at the lowest point of sprung weight. The higher CG isn't such a big deal, but anyone using the chassis will have to raise the roll center on the front and rear suspension to compensate for the change in CG. Durability would be the biggest benefit and it would still be lighter than a stock chassis.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Thanks for the info DOUG !! AMAZING !!!

Now ... can you bring us details about the expansion of the track ? (layout ?, mesures ?), wow !!

cya !!!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Slow down there Pato, lol

Just wait until it's done, it will a serious track, don't worry about that.

Homestead knows how to get the job done!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Slow down there Pato, lol

Just wait until it's done, it will a serious track, don't worry about that.

Homestead knows how to get the job done!

Im pretty sure will be awesome bro !! ... im just too curious ! lol !!

cya

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

We all are!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteveP
GT - something to consider: you may not want to cut all the relief holes in the chassis for two reasons - the durability would increase without the holes (or at least with fewer holes), and it raises the CG by installing a lighter chassis. Now, if the car is grossly overweight it makes more sense to go as light as possible and adjust the rest of the car to accommodate, but that's not the case with the GT cars. As I understand it, rules are being written to keep the weight limit reasonable so you don't need to spend a fortune to get down to minimum. It looks really cool with all the holes, but it may run better without, and I'm sure it will cost a lot less to manufacture. The chassis is the best place to be carrying extra weight because it's at the lowest point of sprung weight. The higher CG isn't such a big deal, but anyone using the chassis will have to raise the roll center on the front and rear suspension to compensate for the change in CG. Durability would be the biggest benefit and it would still be lighter than a stock chassis.
The stock weights of the GT cars vary dramatically (2 lbs.) yet they race together. The varying power to weight ratios of the cars are locked in with engine limits. I agree the CG will change. There will need to be suspension adjustments after the CF chassis is installed. I have measured the weights of the components and have found that the chassis is the component that varries the most between cars. The DM1 as a whole is almost 2lbs heavier than the IGT. The dm1 spec is a little over 1lb heavier than the IGT2. The carbon fiber chassis gives the racer flexibility in the realm of power to weight ratio. It allows the racer of a DM-1 Spec to match the power to rate ratio of the GT2. For the racer that prefers one car over the other it give them the option to match pwr.

I agree that less holes is more durable (ther is a solid version on the way) but the CF chassis was designed for the experienced racer. Its not for everyone. If you are reading this than you are experienced. Its definetly not for beginners that want the fastest thing right in the beginning. Anything hitting a curb or wall at 50+ mph is going to be a bad day. I do not recommend this to guys that just entered the sport.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,
on sunday 13 december, we raced the third race of the Rally Game Challenge in Castres (South West of France).

Some pictures:

http://media.automodelisme.com/2009-...42329138_bJoYJ

And video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbi...stres-13_sport

Au revoir
Old 12-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great pictures & Video!!!

Our GT World Championship race is just under 3 months away & counting, this just make us more anxious to (Hurry up and wait) even more lol.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Was at the Homestead/Miami R/C track yesterday. Doug & Johnny of the R/C club showed me some of the renovation plans for the Speedway track.
The "Crew" down there in Homestead is hard at work and it's looking real good.

They've got some great plans for the layout & facilities. All I can say is we're going to be racing our GT cars on a big track guys, so get those race cars ready for some serious World-Class" action.

Only paid racer entries are secured spots, if you're on the list, please get a move on it. Registrations are open again for both GT1 & GT2 classes.

Is it March yet?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,
on sunday 13 december, we raced the third race of the Rally Game Challenge in Castres (South West of France).

Some pictures:

http://media.automodelisme.com/2009-...42329138_bJoYJ

And video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbi...stres-13_sport

Au revoir
Cool videos, looks like ya'll are having fun too!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone have any ideas on a travel Bag that would carry the DM-1 and extra body and tools. Looking for something not to Heavy but able to protect the car.Gotta stay under 50lbs. for the flight. THANKS THROW me part number if possible.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALMS FAN
Anyone have any ideas on a travel Bag that would carry the DM-1 and extra body and tools. Looking for something not to Heavy but able to protect the car.Gotta stay under 50lbs. for the flight. THANKS THROW me part number if possible.
Good luck i know the average hauler bag alone weighs about 25lbs
Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Have you thought about just shipping the heavy stuff to the hotel? Then just putting the rest in a suitcase?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.