Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by duh702GT
Actually Ty that's the motor I bought 35+21 tuned... lol good I want it to be a monster that's why I got it. I'm not racing at a track yet so I don't have rules to follow. I know about the under 200 and all that for gt class rules.
The under 200 rule is usualy for certain events only. However we as a class have decided on an open motor rule across the board. The 35+ will do very well for you!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
The under 200 rule is usualy for certain events only. However we as a class have decided on an open motor rule across the board. The 35+ will do very well for you!

i've just tested a cheap ($249) Novarossi basic sport .21 rally 7T and all I can say is I will go against the 35 plus any day. The beauty of this class is one can run a high dollar engine or a cheap high quality engine, either way you will have a shot at the podium. Again, with these heavy cars, it comes down to car set up, having a right set of rubber tires, engine tuning, driving skills, and little bit of luck to do well.

Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
Old 12-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

What, you testing in the snow or something!!! Lol
Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

heck yeah man all you have to do is some siping on a set of treads and go to town! This is a joke but has given me an idea
Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm trying to get ipanema wheels but everywhere I call or look is sold out.... What's the next best set of wheels? Any recommendations??
Old 12-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pcoleman
What, you testing in the snow or something!!! Lol
Go ahead and rub it in Paul. Man, I miss Texas already.......I did used to race these cars in a 18 degree temperature back in Utah on Saturday nights. I did test the engine last weekend at Gulf Coast Raceway in Texas before I moved to Indianapolis.

Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

What you guys think about these in my gt? Lol

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5g_0_2sec.html
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duh702GT
I'm trying to get ipanema wheels but everywhere I call or look is sold out.... What's the next best set of wheels? Any recommendations??
I have a couple of sets of Kyosho IGH005bk in stock.

Lee
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Just got a new gt2 (electric version). Question. Anyone know the correct part number for the sway bar sets ? That includes all the hardware to install the bars to the arms etc. its a bit confusing on the kyosho site cuz the parts are listed for the buggy version. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aquaanox
Just got a new gt2 (electric version). Question. Anyone know the correct part number for the sway bar sets ? That includes all the hardware to install the bars to the arms etc. its a bit confusing on the kyosho site cuz the parts are listed for the buggy version. Thanks.

Front

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/advanc...2fm6&x=14&y=14

Rear

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/advanc...F117&x=19&y=17
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm rebuilding my shocks. Running everything all stock springs and all. What weight shock oil should I go with front and rear?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a gt2 rs with hulu clutch and RB mods nova Roma 25. I'm trying ti complete my carbon upgrade does anyone know where i can get a rear shock tower and radio plate? I already have everything else. I'm also looking into the anti roll bars and some 40/46 what will I need to fit the gears on properly? I'm still running the stock 2 speed setup. I Need more top end. Also what do you think of the engine, does anyone have experience with it and is it good and or fast? I also just bought an Alpha R1 body and another R8 for the car to see which I like better. I am looking into track racing and want to be competitive. I'm in Maryland, are there any good tracks still in the area? Last Question are there any other upgrades I should look into to get my car up to speed? I will post some pics soon. Thanks for any reply.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
I'm rebuilding my shocks. Running everything all stock springs and all. What weight shock oil should I go with front and rear?
100-80 works great in these big cars. Id start with the 100 and work down from there as needed. You could always use 1000-800 diff fluid too
Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rfordrford
i have a gt2 rs with hulu clutch and RB mods nova Roma 25. I'm trying ti complete my carbon upgrade does anyone know where i can get a rear shock tower and radio plate? I already have everything else. I'm also looking into the anti roll bars and some 40/46 what will I need to fit the gears on properly? I'm still running the stock 2 speed setup. I Need more top end. Also what do you think of the engine, does anyone have experience with it and is it good and or fast? I also just bought an Alpha R1 body and another R8 for the car to see which I like better. I am looking into track racing and want to be competitive. I'm in Maryland, are there any good tracks still in the area? Last Question are there any other upgrades I should look into to get my car up to speed? I will post some pics soon. Thanks for any reply.
Upgrades to consider:
Servos - Savox 1268 for steering with a 0252 for throttle. This will give you almost mirrored input to your car with a decent Radio.
Radio - if you are running the RTR radio invest in a Airtronics or Futaba, you can never go wrong with a good radio. Make sure they are capable of DualRate as this will be Very Usefull with the beast Roma and if you are not use to twitchy steering from the Savox 1268.
Tires - are a Must!!! Get some of your favorite tires as this will make or break your car at the track. I recommend Sweeps EXP 50s with the GTLS insert. Solid tire and also the Spec tire for some major events.
Roma 25 - A few of the racers here in Utah have the Roma 25 or the OS25. most of us have found them to have too much torque causing the car to be really tough to control on power (coming out of a corner). With that being said the Roma is a flat out beast and there really isn't much you could put into a GT that could keep up with it on tight track. The OS and Roma eat up the .21s down the straits here ~100" and well its a Novarossi. Expect a really long life and tons of power out of it you have a winner if you can control the power!
Experience - this is the most valuable asset to any racer. Get as much drive time as you can. If you are at a Race and there are breaks get out on the track. Once you get your car dialed its all up to you and that experience is going to pay big time. Remember Slow is Smooth, Smooth is fast!
Enjoy yourself - After racing a season with GT I've been spoiled with great people and great times. I've traveled many miles to race and the experience was amazing. Thanks to the guys at Timezone!!! Locally we have a great group that are competitive but are laid back once we are off the track. Find yourself a mentor and stick to their heels. Watch the fast guys and study what they are doing on and off the track. Most of the fast guys I have raced with have been more than helpful to those that ask. Find the right person but don't get too clingy. Keep this person as a reference for when you get stumped. You will find there are different types of fast guys, one will show you how to dial in your car so he can beat you with driving, the other will show you a little bit but neither will show you all the secrets. There a dues to pay and the track is where you pay them. Remember experience is where you are going to get fast.

As far as gearing and other specific questions to the Kyosho Inferno I ma not 100% sure. I haven't raced one in a while, there are some really great resources on here hopefully they will chime in.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default first pic

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-1-2013-079.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.