ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

So Matt0910 is GranTothismo? Sheesh I'll never get all the names straight. What track in in OH do you race at? I think I just did 4 bodz and a pit board for a guy that might race with you. . .

-Chris
Old 06-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Chris,

I haven't done much RC racing this year with the birth of my second daughter, but am planning to run this winter. The other thing is that I am still soldiering on my MT2. All the tracks that I have gone to will still let me run in Arena Truck - so I am thankful to them. If not - then I have no truck to run. I guess I need to bite the bullet and get a truggy - just don't want to fork over the cash.

I usually run at CRCRC in Columbus - with Matt B, Big Dog, Kevin McCleary and others. Great track and great guys to run against.

I did run once at Medina - that was another great track. Great facilities and the city helps sponser the track - what a novel idea. They had two Monitors at the end of the Driver's stand so that you could watch the race. Power for all entrants and since it was in a park, real bathrooms. Also, in front of the driver's was a big led screen that you could look at for your real lap times, also called down the start like a start tree. Probably one of the nicest places to run.

We do have a track in Springfield - Ed posted a video of the track. At the end of the straight, the track runs up the wall about 15 feet. Coolest thing you have ever seen. You have to carry just the right amount of speed so that your vehicle will stop and the coast down the other side. The guys that normally run there are Ross( can't think of his last name) and Dave Kingston.

We have other tracks, but those are the three that I have gone to in this area.

Greg,

I was racing hard then - everyone disappeared - really weird. Happened again last night. I hope it doen't happen tonight.

The oval thing must be beyond me. Put some left rights in there and I can run fast - make me do an oval and I am mediocre at best. I just cannot get the drafting right. You are the king of holding onto the right side bumper then pull left and pass. Really have no idea how you carry that much speed. I have to say that the oval is much more fun that I thought it would be. Takes a whole different skill set to do it right.

See you guys tonight.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

FYI: When you're racing over the internet and everyone disappears thats called "warp". Its usually when the ones and zeros get lost in transmission or receiving. When I am playing my FPS (first person shooter) and my character wont move for a second, it's called lagg. Same deal. It sucks because I put my shotgun in the enemies gut and pull the trigger, yet I die, because I lagged, and he didnt. One way to help this is to make sure that you're connection is clear of kids downloading from limewire and maybe the PC has some spyware or viruses hogging the connection. There isn't a whole lot that can be done except to try to keep the connection clean.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Based upon the racing in FORZA 2 so far its not hard to tell that the best races are happening on the Oval. Much like real life, one car gets hooked up on the circuts (Matt) and checks out. But the Oval is much more competitive.

While racing spec cars like the #24 Volvo is often hilarious, its very difficult to know who is around you and communicate because all the cars look the same.

As an owner of a Charger I can tell you that it looks just like the COT with the Forza splitter on the front & rear wings and can do 200 mph without making any tuning adjustments. That leads to this:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FORZA 2 CLUB:

1 Buy a Charger SRT8 and load it up with every hop up option possible.

2 DO NOT TUNE IT or MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS

3 Put your paint scheme on it WITH a clearly legible number on the Front Sides and Back. The more your car looks like a stock car, the better.

4 Bring it to the track tonight for a 25-50 lap FRIENDS ONLY race @ 9:30 pm. We can call it the Inaugural Forza Club 100 presented by Midol.

The #6 is calling all of you out!

Last edited by Ed237; 06-21-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

OK - How are you going to stop people from working on it?

That makes no sense - how about bone stock Chargers and the paint job of your choice. The you can remove all modded cars.

We are talking about the '69 right?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

No, SRT8, it looks just like the COT and it drives a lot like the Volvo #24 but just a little faster. I'm going to attempt to eliminate tuning by selecting the 'stock' tuning only option under race preferences.

I would think the 69 Charger with no hop ups would be almost impossible to drive.

Last edited by Ed237; 06-21-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Ed,

Before I build up a car - try and make a room when you get home and fine tune the restrictions until you can see your own car. Once you add the splitter and wings - I think stock is out the door.

Once you find out what works - tell us what we need to buy for the Midol Cramping 100.

I will have mine ready to go then. I know that if I take the time to put all that stuff on my car, I will want to wrench on it. I think others will as well.

Just trying to figure out how we keep it fair.

Matt
Old 06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ???

Hey interenet racers....I can get my hands on an xbox but not an xbox 360 from what I hear the only difference is that some of the newer games cant be played on the reg xbox.....Will the game you guys play work or do I need to look for more options and get the 360?

Tite
Old 06-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Sorry Brent, Forza 2 can only be played on a Xbox360.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

whats up everyone...its been awhile since i have been on here.my pc is still down and im going to have to purchase a new one i think.just wted to say whats up and that i will try and get there some sunday to race with you all.

lata,
matt
Old 06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

I will not be home tonight until around 11pm so if you guys are still on I will hop on. Hopefully the Charger will perform the turn 4 "slingshot" move!

I am at work so i will not be able to build the car but will still get on and cause some problems.

I built a D class car today so I am eager to give it a try against some Team Blue competition!

iCeNuTz

PS, I actually did some work on the RC cars today also!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like this weekend's sunday afternoon race is going to have a great turnout!!! Looking forward to it, i got fresh biscuits on all my cars!

LET'S GO RACING
Old 06-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

The foam in all my biscuits are fried from the rain. I'll have to refoam them

Work so far on buggy is approx. 12 hours and found 11 locked bearings. The bottom bearings on the steering posts needed cut off with a dremel! I tried pounding them off but the outer case came off and the inner stayed on the posts. There is a little corrosion on all the hinge pins and steel parts so it may take a while before everything is moving freely again. Everything has been cleaned up the best I could. I'm never going to run in conditions like that again. Sunday looks to be clear and warm...god I hope so.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you all still racing them toy cars outside??? i wouldnt mind tryin my buggy out sometime in the near future...
Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yeah sam.....i saw my future if i ran that day and it looked bleek.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.