Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Losi's tires must have become unexpected popular about 8 months ago too then
Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trebor
are the new shock bottom caps revised?
Yeah, I bought some yesterday and they are steel or something. they don't feel like aluminum.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjenkins97
Ok so I am assembling my new eight and am down to the clutch and I appear to have 2 issues.

1. Clutch assembly is with in mm of hitting the fuel tank and if there is any chassis flex it will definitely hit.
2. When tightening down the end bell screw the clutch will not spin freely at all. If left loose the clutch is really gritty when turned and when tightened all the way down the end bell will not spin at all, it wants to turn the crank. The buggy hasn't been ran at all and the clutch bearings are new.

I have assembled everything per the manual and am using the King Heads motor mount with the arrows pointing forward (using losi clutch). Also i have cranked on the flywheel nut hard enough that I am concerned about stripping the nut off. I shimmed the clutch per the manual and there was a larger diameter and thicker washer (than the shims) that isnt shown in the manual and is currently not being used. (any ideas)

I have assembled many kits and feel like I know what i am doing but maybe not. Any help is appreciated.

Sound's like your KH mount may need to be flipped for the Losi clutch. Are you using the stepped spacer/washer on the endbell screw? None of my engine's crankshafts make it past the outer bell bearing so this washer is a must.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
air8 - they have round 3 of the CO Nitro series on June 23rd; at the 1st round in April they started around noon and got done about 10pm, Cody J and Darren were there, overall it was a pretty good turnout, and i'm sure about 90% of the gas guys from Denver will be there on the 23rd. The track is like MX tho, a couple awesome timing-jump sections, gate starts and a big straight, i can't find any recent pics of it tho. And almost no tire wear. After the 23rd race, they're doing club races July 28 & Aug 18 @ 6:30 pm, and Sept 15 @ 1:00 pm. Definitely PM me if Steve decides to do something this summer, it wouldnt take much to get a group together from here for a Hutch race
Cool. I'll keep in touch. Cody and Darren were at Hutch a few weeks ago I think. There was an awesome turnout. Unfortunately, my servo was acting up and I didn't get to race. I'm gonna see what my schedule looks like coming up. Thanx for the info.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have flipped the KH mount and it only gets it closer to the tank/pushed into the tank. I double checked it per the intructions as well. I am using the stepped washer as well with 2 shims. The end of the crank shaft doesn't extend into the outer bearing of the end bell hardly at all if any.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have flipped the KH mount and it only gets it closer to the tank/pushed into the tank. I double checked it per the intructions as well. I am using the stepped washer as well with 2 shims. The end of the crank shaft doesn't extend into the outer bearing of the end bell hardly at all if any.

You must be using a spacer behind the flywheel collet? Take it out.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I had that problem as well when I built mine...I found that the inner clutch bearing was not pressed into the clutch bell all the way. It must sit flush or slightly in from flush. Its VERY tight on mine.

EA
Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so I am assembling my new eight and am down to the clutch and I appear to have 2 issues.

1. Clutch assembly is with in mm of hitting the fuel tank and if there is any chassis flex it will definitely hit.
2. When tightening down the end bell screw the clutch will not spin freely at all. If left loose the clutch is really gritty when turned and when tightened all the way down the end bell will not spin at all, it wants to turn the crank. The buggy hasn't been ran at all and the clutch bearings are new.

I have assembled everything per the manual and am using the King Heads motor mount with the arrows pointing forward (using losi clutch). Also i have cranked on the flywheel nut hard enough that I am concerned about stripping the nut off. I shimmed the clutch per the manual and there was a larger diameter and thicker washer (than the shims) that isnt shown in the manual and is currently not being used. (any ideas)

I have assembled many kits and feel like I know what i am doing but maybe not. Any help is appreciated.
Is it possible that you accidentally used the collet that came with the motor and not the one in the kit?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

The ONLY reason to run a washer behind the collet is if the flywheel is hitting the motor. I also have had a couple of Losi clutch bells that the inner bearing was not seating all the way into the CB without some extra effort.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RBMike
The ONLY reason to run a washer behind the collet is if the flywheel is hitting the motor. I also have had a couple of Losi clutch bells that the inner bearing was not seating all the way into the CB without some extra effort.
RBmike - I have always run a washer behind the collet because I thought that would keep the collet from seizing to the front bearing?? My mills always lined up right though, so I never thought about not doing it....have you ever had a collet seize to the frnt bearing??
Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anybody have a set (4) shock cap bottoms they would like to sell?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Initiate

i have them at my hobbyshop

http://www.bluegrasshobbies.com/bg/c...roducts_id=251
Old 05-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I get retard of the day award.....G mills was 100% right.

I guess when you build it right it will work right...thanks for all the insight guys.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trebor-------PM for you.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I cleaned up our servo savers and used graphite dry lubricant on it. (all 3 cars) Works awesome, always check your servo saver, it changes alot with dirt getting into it.

Rex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.