Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Theres alot of new people in san diego on the Socal-Rc forum. I would highly recommend marketing there. They've been able to get tons of new racers to show up to the dinkiest tracks.

Also - sponsor or become apart of a SC series. Maybe work with hemet and barona for this. Either that or have a special SC day where entires are only like $10. ARC is an awesome track - All you need to do is get these new guys there once. I promise if you went on socal posted a bunch of pics and a video of an scrt10 flying around ARC youde get guys there instantly

Another suggestion- lower the number of racers to make a class. I had an SC8 when it first came out and brought it to ARC. We had 6 guys ready to race but Dan wouldnt let us run - said we needed seven. There is no better way to kill a class or get people to stop coming than doing that. I dont know if thats still the policy but it was very discouraging

In a racers mind theyre thinking - I would love to go to ARC but I know that if there arnt at least six other guys with my tenth scale or sc than I drove all the way up there for nothing - it just isnt worth the risk. After my experience I stopped going for a long time -not that i go much now anyway. I would recommend only requiring 3 racers to make a class. i know there would be marshalling issues but I think those could be worked out
Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

I still don't understand how ARC is not currently or in the past SC friendly? Compared to the other tracks, they have/had big gap doubles/ski jumps, whatever....They are racing there. Dan has talked about having $10.00 SC races recently.

I just don't get it.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I still don't understand how ARC is not currently or in the past SC friendly? Compared to the other tracks, they have/had big gap doubles/ski jumps, whatever....They are racing there. Dan has talked about having $10.00 SC races recently.

I just don't get it.
hey don. Me, mason and mike will probably be at arc this weekend. want to join us?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trackstarlosi
hey don. Me, mason and mike will probably be at arc this weekend. want to join us?
Yea, I think I can make it.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greenlee37
will be attending JBRL in 2 weeks... can anyone give advice for 1/8 scale tire choices? anyone know if the track will be ran wet or dry? and one last question... can I get a few hotel reccomendations? Thanks in advance..

ANYBODY???
Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The track is run wet.

Anything made by AKA in super soft or soft if track temps are high enuff works good. Many favor city blocks or gridirons depending on there skill.

Pro-Line M3 Calibers also work well.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DE Racing
The track is run wet.

Anything made by AKA in super soft or soft if track temps are high enuff works good. Many favor city blocks or gridirons depending on there skill.

hey dave, you gunna run at arc this weekend?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I now won't be there Saturday. Going to watch the kid in a Skate contest at Belmont Park.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

I have to work this saturday evening but i intend to race there alot this summer
Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DE Racing
The track is run wet.

Thank you...
Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I now won't be there Saturday. Going to watch the kid in a Skate contest at Belmont Park.
thats cool. does he have any sponsers yet?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trackstarlosi
thats cool. does he have any sponsers yet?
Yep. Powell, Bones, DC, Thunder trucks, and a clothing store(can't remember the name)
Old 05-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep. Powell, Bones, DC, Thunder trucks, and a clothing store(can't remember the name)
thats sweet. i skated before we got into rc. wasnt that good though, haha. arc is suuuuper abrassive when its dry! i ran brand new set of medium crossbraces and there almost done already, hahaha
Old 05-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

i like to run super soft enduros and super soft gridirons. usualy city blocks catch ruts to easy.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by carson 40
i like to run super soft enduros and super soft gridirons. usualy city blocks catch ruts to easy.
arc tomarrow carson?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.