Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

If I were to take a guess at what has made the numbers dwindle I would say its a mix of SC trucks taking off and all the series races.

It seems like there 2 kinds of racer. 1.) entry level/casual racer who now races electric SC locally (this group has gotten huge in SD! - with a ton of guys ive never seen before) and 2.) experienced racer whose willing to drive 3 hours and pay $40 for a race. I guess what im saying is it seems like all the super fast experienced guys are chasing the competition and driving to far tracks for series races and all the entry level guys wont drive more than an hour and are content to putz around with an SC truck - and ARC is caught geographically and economically in the middle.

I agree that ARC should do $10 SC races and (this makes me cringe a little) but maybe have a layout that accomodates them a little more.
What if ARC had a promotional shortcourse weekend with super sheap entry fees, or just something to get all these new ppl up there. Im sure once they experience dans track theyll come back its just that none of them have had any reason to go out there

Honestly what brought a ton of people out to Barona last sunday was just that TEKNO announced that they would be handing out there new electric traction drive clutches (which are awesome by the way) for free. This made for 3 heats of electric 8th scale. Maybe ARC could have a discounted rate for electrics or something. Come to think of it all the faces in the electric class were new too. I think the key is going to be to get the SC and electric newbs to try out nitro.

Right now im just wondering if Baronas great sunday race was a fluke or its an indicator for the direction the hobby is going. I honestly expected the barona track to fail because their I thought their layout was trying to do too much (accommodate 8th 5th and 10th scale), but it seems to be working for them. If 8th scale slacks one week youve got 5b guys and visa versa - and SC is always there.
Every track Ive raced at in the last 2 months seems like its in the same situation - the experienced racers are flukey but the the short course newbs are there every week and pay the bills . when I say every track Ive raced at I mean OCRC DHW Barona, west coast, and the owner at Scottsdale rc speedway told me he doent know if make it if it werent for short course.

sorry for rambling - I just really want ARC to stick around, rediscovered nitro and I think its gonna be my preferred class

Last edited by wstuart; 05-04-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Actually the Barona turn-outs have been really good the entire time. Yea last Sunday was more for the Teckno giveaway, but the track has been getting an average of 10 heats a race day.

Maybe also for ARC, they restrict the practice time a little too much. Maybe if they were open earlier, that would give more overall practice time. Always seems like we are rushed.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

There are some great points and suggestions developing here. Hopefully Dan will get on here and listen to the racers. ARC is a GREAT track and it would be great to get back to the days where 8 heats was a "slow" night. I think the series races and SC races amongst other things are taking their toll. A lot of people really love SC racing and the fact is that you can race competitively for a fraction of the cost. If SC is what people want to race, you have to adapt, promote and accomidate that. The current layout is great for SC trucks but I don't think people are even aware of that fact. I will be there Saturday and it seems like we should have a good turnout.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revrace
If SC is what people want to race, you have to adapt, promote and accomidate that. The current layout is great for SC trucks but I don't think people are even aware of that fact. I will be there Saturday and it seems like we should have a good turnout.
So how was the turnout, did Dan have races? I want to get back out to race at ARC soon...
Old 05-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Greg. Nope, not enough guys to race. Just another practice day.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugs
Hey Greg. Nope, not enough guys to race. Just another practice day.
Suuucks!!!!! I have no hope for it to be any better next weekend either with the 2 other new races happening...
Old 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

planning on going to arc this weekend. everyone needs to come, no excuses. if you would like a new layout for jbrl u need to support dan to make it happen.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I live in Wildomar yet I've never been more then 2 times since the new location. Why?

Biggest reason is the track is not SC friendly. I know I know, all you 1/8th scale guys like your big tracks, monster jumps and technical sections. But the fact of the matter is SC is a CASH COW right now, especially with the 4x4 coming into the market. If you want the track to be "rediscovered", maybe this is the calling. Change the course and make it fun for newer guys with their 2wd slash's, yet add a technical side to it where a experienced guy can still have fun. Not 1/4 mile doubles and 5 ft. deep rhythm sections lol. Take a look at Revolations and Thunder Alley. They're doing something right.

Second, there is slim to none advertising for the track. No promos, no event flyers, no series racing, nothing on the bulletin boards. To tell you the truth, ARC doesn't even come to mind when it's time to go hit up a track. Guess this goes with the saying "out of sight, out of mind" My buddies and I will drive all the way out to the OC to get some racing in, when we have a track right in our backyards, simply because we've forgot about it and it's too much for our trucks. Maybe get with Hobby People and Hobby Town and leave some swag or flyers. Get them to promote the track or get them interested sponsoring a series. It would benefit both the track and there sales.

Fact of the matter is the Murrieta/Temecula and surrounding areas NEED a local track. With how many people are crammed into this area there is TONS of potential to attract the locals and make some $$$. Where are all those people going to play with their shinny new slash's, sc10's, blitz etc? And another added benefit is we are in the middle of SD and OC. Talk about being right in the middle of things.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by onemilekyle
I live in Wildomar yet I've never been more then 2 times since the new location. Why?

Biggest reason is the track is not SC friendly. I know I know, all you 1/8th scale guys like your big tracks, monster jumps and technical sections. But the fact of the matter is SC is a CASH COW right now, especially with the 4x4 coming into the market. If you want the track to be "rediscovered", maybe this is the calling. Change the course and make it fun for newer guys with their 2wd slash's, yet add a technical side to it where a experienced guy can still have fun. Not 1/4 mile doubles and 5 ft. deep rhythm sections lol. Take a look at Revolations and Thunder Alley. They're doing something right.

Second, there is slim to none advertising for the track. No promos, no event flyers, no series racing, nothing on the bulletin boards. To tell you the truth, ARC doesn't even come to mind when it's time to go hit up a track. Guess this goes with the saying "out of sight, out of mind" My buddies and I will drive all the way out to the OC to get some racing in, when we have a track right in our backyards, simply because we've forgot about it and it's too much for our trucks. Maybe get with Hobby People and Hobby Town and leave some swag or flyers. Get them to promote the track or get them interested sponsoring a series. It would benefit both the track and there sales.

Fact of the matter is the Murrieta/Temecula and surrounding areas NEED a local track. With how many people are crammed into this area there is TONS of potential to attract the locals and make some $$$. Where are all those people going to play with their shinny new slash's, sc10's, blitz etc? And another added benefit is we are in the middle of SD and OC. Talk about being right in the middle of things.
from this i dont think youve seen the new layout. it is very sc friendly and 1/8friendly.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

will be attending JBRL in 2 weeks... can anyone give advice for 1/8 scale tire choices? anyone know if the track will be ran wet or dry? and one last question... can I get a few hotel reccomendations? Thanks in advance..
Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

The Hemet track has a huge double in center and another big one on the right side. Thunder Alley has that giant ski jump step-up on the back section and a table-top on the left side that the car disappears for a moment as your hitting the face. Barona has some big jumps as well as they except all scales even to 1/5th scale. Barona gets 5-7 heats of SC alone. So not really sure why its not ok for ARC to have bigger jumps and ok for others, they are just not showing up. The current layout at ARC as previously posted is SC friendlier then any of these other tracks right now.
For the whole matter, its not just the SC that aren't showing up at ARC. Its even the 1/8th scale classes. They haven't raced since the 3rd of April. That's pretty sad since the track is one of nicest tracks around.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Clueless

Originally Posted by onemilekyle

In your first comment you are clueless , the track is Sc friendly as we speak . On the promotion side i would say yes there is some truth to what you are saying but Dan is not trying to compete with the new races, that seem to show up every week. I dont know what kind of Sc you have but i bet money you are not running at REV.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

l

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
In your first comment you are clueless , the track is Sc friendly as we speak . On the promotion side i would say yes there is some truth to what you are saying but Dan is not trying to compete with the new races, that seem to show up every week. I dont know what kind of Sc you have but i bet money you are not running at REV.
Clueless? Hardly.

I'm going off my last experiences being at the track and the lasting impression it gave me. Think I'm the only one that feels this way?

Which leads to my statement about promotion. ANY kind of notification, other then having to check this forum, would have let me know that there has been a track change and is now more SC friendly. Maybe Dan, who I'm assuming is the owner, needs to try and compete with all these series and races going on. A great quote. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

What does it matter what kind of SC truck I have? That's not the point on the subject at hand.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

This track has always been short course friendly. It is so much smoother than most any place out there that the bigs jumps arent even a problem. I had both of my 4x4s on the last three layouts before the current ones and loved it. The bottom line is the people that run short course have to decide to come. If you have SC buddies why not get a group to come and try it? You wont be dissapointed I promise. Dan will run what ever comes to the track. What do you want him to offer a taxi service for SC drivers? Bottom line is you have the trucks,you like them, you have friends driving them,and you know that the track is there. So why not get a group of guys and show up? That is all it will take. In my opinion it is the best track out there (I havent been to Thunder though) and Dan runs a very very good program. I enjoy Hemet but without offending anyone it just plain doesnt comepare to ARC. You watch after the JBRL people will probaly flock to ARC! But I could be wrong.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dusttt
What do you want him to offer a taxi service for SC drivers?
That would be nice

I already had intentions of heading back out there to check it out after someone said it was more SC friendly. Try and get out there this week or this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.