Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Raman, congrats on scoring a classic.

Enjoy it!
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-1msm.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grbdogsc
Charlie:
I'll be there. I tested the Kyosho ST-RR converted to on road at Cal Racing on Tuesday night with a two cell and it ran great. I tried the four cell on the street and the thing is stupid fast. I will be there on Sunday with my newly converted GT8 and my 1/10 for a first time run in RCGT, I am happy to bring up the rear and have some fun.
Mike
Awesome! yeah...i know..they are STUPID FAST!!! hahha..it should be a blast on the track!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

A question for you DM-1 guys...

Can someone please tell me where these "adjustable sway bars" are that are listed in the features for the DM-1 Pro and Spec? I don't see anything that resembles an anti-sway bar and I can't find it in the parts list.

http://www.ofna.com/dm1-spec.php (8th feature listed)

So what are they?

Thanks guys!

Old 11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
A question for you DM-1 guys...

Can someone please tell me where these "adjustable sway bars" are that are listed in the features for the DM-1 Pro and Spec? I don't see anything that resembles an anti-sway bar and I can't find it in the parts list.

http://www.ofna.com/dm1-spec.php (8th feature listed)

So what are they?

Thanks guys!

The swaybars are blade type swaybars located parallel to the arm. Theyre most commonly seen as front swaybars on 1/10 and 1/8 onroad cars.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
The swaybars are blade type swaybars located parallel to the arm. Theyre most commonly seen as front swaybars on 1/10 and 1/8 onroad cars.
Thanks for your quick reply thunderbt3, but I still don't see them on the car or in any exploded view in the manual. I am sure I am just missing something or ignorant. It's not the ball stabilizer is it? Maybe someone has a pic?

Thanks again!

Old 11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

I'm planning on being there. I finally got my conversion done, wahoo! Still no 4S Lipos, long story with some stupid shipping errors, maybe I'll have them in December, LOL. I will be running a pair of 2S in series.

I still haven't had a chance to do any real chassis setup, I need to put in some track time with the BL setup to see what needs changing first. I'm hoping to have the chassis all sorted out by January when things start to rock at Corona again.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your quick reply thunderbt3, but I still don't see them on the car or in any exploded view in the manual. I am sure I am just missing something or ignorant. It's not the ball stabilizer is it? Maybe someone has a pic?

Thanks again!

I think the problem is you are looking for wire type sway bars, they are the blade type which have a completely different look and work slightly differently. You adjust them by rotating the blades. When the blades are vertical they are at full stiff and when horizontal they are full soft.

Here's a photo of it, but they are sort of hidden from view. I also extracted out the relevant page from the manual which shows them. If you remove the front bumper assembly you will see them easily.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

danketchpel - PERFECT! Thanks for taking the time to show and explain that to me, it helps a lot!!

Sweet looking DM-1 you have there. I plan on going Tekin myself. That doesn't look like the Tekno conversion. Are there other ones out there? Can you please tell me what you used.

Thanks a million... again.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

danketchpel - PERFECT! Thanks for taking the time to show and explain that to me, it helps a lot!!

Sweet looking DM-1 you have there. I plan on going Tekin myself. That doesn't look like the Tekno conversion. Are there other ones out there? Can you please tell me what you used.

Thanks a million... again.

Dan's a master machinist, he made the conversion and the trick motor mount himself.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by williamw
Dan's a master machinist, he made the conversion and the trick motor mount himself.
NICE!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any vids from surf city today? I know it was being recorded but didn't see anything on socal.rcracing.com.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Charlie is tire. That was fun today.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Sounds like Surf City was a blast. I'm looking forward to Corona on November 21st. I saw MarkW mentioned video. Is there one of the GT8 burning up the track?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Im working on the vid now...it isnt the best because the cameraman kept missing the leader...but we had 9 GT8's out and at the end of the race we had 3!

I will post it as soon as i am done.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Im working on the vid now...it isnt the best because the cameraman kept missing the leader...but we had 9 GT8's out and at the end of the race we had 3!

I will post it as soon as i am done.

Wow!! How did you guys loose 6 GT8's from the start to the end of the race?? Wrecks?? Heat issues??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.