Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes, with spool or diff.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I would think u have a pin not fitting property or a bad spot on one of them . does it do it more one way than then other ?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I would think u have a pin not fitting property or a bad spot on one of them . does it do it more one way than then other ?
It does it the same in both directions. It's a new car with no time on it's own wheels so there's no wear. If there's a way to get it out without the ECS than i'll check it but I knew it as soon as I saw it from my T3 days. The wheel chatters and hops a little at full lock.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Its no different on the T4 or any TC that I've owned. Some are a little worse than others.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I finished building my car and held it up to test the motor. that works fine but I noticed when i turn the wheels at full speed, i start to get chatter. Is that common or did i build something wrong?
All TC's have 'spool chatter' on full lock.
Changing to ECS driveshafts will prevent it, but it's nothing to worry about.

Skiddins
Old 12-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Uh oh. What are you thinking, Syn?

On the subject of the top deck/layshaft screws: I ran without all four this past weekend at Horsham with a few small tweaks to my regular setup. As was discussed previously in the thread it gives the car a wider tuning window: sort of like an oversized tennis racket with a larger sweet spot. I very much liked it with the crazy traction we had at the track. The car was excellent all day long and along with Fairtrace smashed the track record in qualifying this past weekend.

Also ran the lower suspension braces (F&R). I like them as well. The car feels more direct and aggressive, but not in a 'loose' sort of way. I guess 'more direct' is the easiest way to describe how they feel to me.

Have yet to try the top deck post. I'm siding with Skiddins' perception on my prediction, but will try it out in practice on Saturday.
Suspension braces? Which ones are you referring to? The arm plates??

You have your setup on xray? Id be interested in seeing what it looks like compared to what Ive been running.

EA
Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Suspension braces? Which ones are you referring to? The arm plates??
Arm plates, yup. Corrected.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are the ECS front shafts really needed?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emacrimes
Are the ECS front shafts really needed?
Good question, doesn't sound like they are necessary.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

From what I am told with a gear diff they aren't a must have but with the spool they help the most. I have the RSD ones and the Xray ones. If you are on a budget go with the RSD ones. $50 for the pair.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm tired of running Sweep tires. I've been getting them for about $20 a set which is nice, but I think they just suck so bad it's not worth it anymore.
Running indoor carpet, medium grip. Any suggestions?
I would like to run Jacos, but sounds like they won't be around anymore. Also have my eye on Schumacher Sorex, but $$$$.
I'm just hard to please huh
Old 12-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
I'm tired of running Sweep tires. I've been getting them for about $20 a set which is nice, but I think they just suck so bad it's not worth it anymore.
I would like to run Jacos, but sounds like they won't be around anymore. Also have my eye on Schumacher Sorex, but $$$$.
Ride tires seem to be the tire to have, but for some reason no track wants to run them. I'm sure its to support US shops, but you almost have to buy a set of tires every race day. Ride's last 3 or 4 race days.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have you tried Powers tires? The 32s and 34s are pretty darn good, great wear.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What have you heard about Jaco? It seems like availability always lags between IIC and Snowbirds and then picks up again.

We've had pretty good luck with Sweeps here lately. We've been trying them since Jacos aren't available and nats is on Sweeps. They do seem to slow down a bit as they heat up and the run goes on, but the improved grip is really welcome on club traction, and they last quite a while.

I'd love to try a side of the RIDE tires being used at ETS. Isn't the US importer for RIDE Thunder Power? They would have to be in steady supply to be taken seriously.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
What have you heard about Jaco? It seems like availability always lags between IIC and Snowbirds and then picks up again.

We've had pretty good luck with Sweeps here lately. We've been trying them since Jacos aren't available and nats is on Sweeps. They do seem to slow down a bit as they heat up and the run goes on, but the improved grip is really welcome on club traction, and they last quite a while.

I'd love to try a side of the RIDE tires being used at ETS. Isn't the US importer for RIDE Thunder Power? They would have to be in steady supply to be taken seriously.
Well, I heard from a guy who heard from a guy about the Jacos. You know how that goes, but he says it's a pretty trusted source I guess. We'll see. If it is true, we definitely need another tire besides Sweep.
I'm probly being too critical of Sweeps, but I'm just ready to try something else. I've been running them since I started running TC again last winter. They do feel inconsistent, and from others I've talked to, it's not their favorite tire at all.
I'd like to try the Rides as well but it would be cool to get them from somewhere other than RCMart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.