Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Think you guys are getting confused between CSO lower deck and tamiya carpet top and lower decks.

When I referred to the top deck I meant the new style the team was using at the worlds, I imagine CSO have that on the way too
Old 08-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cp Grafix
Link please
eBay.com

Search 42233 and 42232
Old 08-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Link please
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....369b7bd0da724c
Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Yea i was talking a tamiyas WC lower deck which 0,05mm ticker than CSO's lower deck.
The one without cut out.

CraigM if you buy one please make a review.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yea i was talking a tamiyas WC lower deck which 0,05mm ticker than CSO's lower deck.
The one without cut out.

CraigM if you buy one please make a review.
Will do, I've ordered with market so it should be shipped soon. I can't see the thickness making much difference but I know in the past CSO have used dodgy carbon so we'll see when it arrives. I have two cars so I can back-to-back the chassis vs the kit one on the same day.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys,

iīve got a Problem!

My car is supereasy to drive on Carpet!!! Enough Steering and good grip all around!

But itīs starts to traction roll and itīs a little bit on the slow side, but everything iīve tried (rollcenter, ackermann, damper oil, springs etc.) doesnīt make a big difference in laptime, only on how good the car feels, so i got back to the standard carpet setup from the trf team .

Iīve orderd the 2,5mm TRF Chassis and the 2,25mm TRF Topdeck, i think this will solve my problem.

Have anybody experiences with the thicker chassis and topdeck?

Also i see that the TRF Guys sometimes use the medium stabilizer front and rear, i only used the medium in front and the soft in rear, but i think on high grip carpet the medium ones all around will be much better?

Down below is my setup with the Changes iīm trying (thicker chassis and topdeck, medium stabilizer rear), maybe somebody can look over it and can tell me if itīs ok?

Iīm asking because i not get the parts till now...

And also i read on thard about the steering EPA and how you get it equal on both sides, is this important? Because iīve build it like the manual says, the servo horn is about 5° offset and iīve got different steering epa on my sanwa m11x, i think 90% right and 120% left. So i wonder if this makes a difference on how the car feels?

Greez from Germany!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF417-trf417x-phil-carpet-page-001.jpg  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Philipp1990
Hey Guys,

iīve got a Problem!

My car is supereasy to drive on Carpet!!! Enough Steering and good grip all around!

But itīs starts to traction roll and itīs a little bit on the slow side, but everything iīve tried (rollcenter, ackermann, damper oil, springs etc.) doesnīt make a big difference in laptime, only on how good the car feels, so i got back to the standard carpet setup from the trf team .

Iīve orderd the 2,5mm TRF Chassis and the 2,25mm TRF Topdeck, i think this will solve my problem.

Also i see that the TRF Guys sometimes use the medium stabilizer front and rear, i only used the medium in front and the soft in rear, but i think on high grip carpet the medium ones all around will be much better?

Down below is my setup with the Changes iīm trying (thicker chassis and topdeck, medium stabilizer rear), maybe somebody can look over it and can tell me if itīs ok?

And also i read on thard about the steering EPA and how you get it equal on both sides, is this important? Because iīve build it like the manual says, the servo horn is about 5° offset and iīve got different steering epa on my sanwa m11x, i think 90% right and 120% left. So i wonder if this makes a difference on how the car feels?

Greez from Germany!

Glue (CA) edges of FRONT tires, outside between rim and place where tire normally touches carpet
this always work great for me, when u feel car great and don't want to change setup. If this wont work you can always sand off the glue

Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You can also try different tire treatment/saucing techniques before going the CA route. How long and how much you apply can yield different results.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,

i know that trick, but made it once and i donīt like the feel of the car if the edges are glued! ;-) But thanks also!

But iīve drove the car on two different Tracks, both Carpet and the car always starts to traction roll... So i think the car generates too much grip generally, thats why iīve ordered the thicker chassis and top deck, because even on medium grip carpet (like on not permanent tracks) iīve got that feeling, that the car can be stiffer, because itīs not that fast as it should be! ;-)

But the basic Setup which the TRF Guys use always worked great on my TRF416x and now on the TRF417X (they also use the thicker Chassis on Carpet i think), so i donīt want to change a lot, because itīs so easy and nice to drive!

I will test it this weekend, i just thought someone who allready tested the thicker upper and lower deck can give me a resume! ;-)
Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by John.C
You can also try different tire treatment/saucing techniques before going the CA route. How long and how much you apply can yield different results.
Allready tested different variations with how long i apply it before the run (like 20 minutes till 5 minutes) and only half the front tires, but i canīt change the tire sauce because i can only use LRP Top Grip Carpet adhesive as itīs in the regulation for the LRP HPI Challenge...

I will try the chassis and than i will post a resume as i think, that will solve my problem!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Try softer springs all around for traction roll. Maybe like yellow/red to start and then work your way back up. You can also try taking out the front camber and adding it back until the traction roll comes back, then back it off again. Or widen the front of the car, like D/D blocks.

I had a terrible time with the car traction rolling at Snowbirds two years ago, and I finally put the long arms on the car which fixed it. It was pretty much the worst week of my life.

Or, throw the car in the trash and buy an XRay. Save the shocks, though, you'll need them.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Try with PINK and BLUE Yokomo's springs, damper oil 350, glue the front tires, apply additive 20 min. rear and 5 min front.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Philipp1990
Hey Guys,

iīve got a Problem!

Greez from Germany!
Does the car traction roll on new tires? The only time my Tamiya has ever tractioned rolled was due to tires. Either replace with tires that are new or glue sidewalls. I would imagine it has less to do with setup and more to do with the tires. Top deck and chassis will not help this situation and in some ways may actually make it worse.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Off hand, does anyone know the dimension of the Panaracer/Xenon shim that is used to remove the play between the gear and pulley.

Thank you!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Off hand, does anyone know the dimension of the Panaracer/Xenon shim that is used to remove the play between the gear and pulley.

Thank you!
i use panaracer shim for trf smthng like 2x tamiya orginal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.